George Lazenby: Daniel Craig's 007 has "no heart"..

imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
edited August 2012 in News Posts: 972
Rather harsh from George Lazenby I feel, but who can blame him.... Read more here >>> http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/266677/-No-heart-blast-for-007-Daniel-Craig/

I wonder how this would affect the reunion of all the Bond actors..

Comments

• typical tabloid yawn trying to stir things up. No real story. There was heart enough in CR when he fell in love then lost Vesper.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 820
    Well I do have his Bond DVD although what I though as no good as Bond although film. I don't whether he was sacked or he quit. He has only predecessor That most favourite Sean Connery who he never been better then. Yes he did say something about Brosanan bad once, including Timothy Dalton saying he underrate Bond. Well he has no saying about his successors who did more then him. If Sean Connery didn't quit in 1967, Sean could had done On Her Majesty secret Service Well Daniel Craig was carefully in Quantum of Solace when he carefully save Camille.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is Lazenby for real? Bond desperately trying to save Vesper whips his backside with any sort of heart felt emotion in OHMSS, he'll, Bond holding and cradling Mathis as he was dying in QoS was more heart felt than anything in OHMSS. Lazenby needs to go and sit down somewhere.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Lazzers just wanted a bit of media attention again, I think. ;-) Craig's Bond no heart? Well, he's not the only one apparently who thinks that but I fail to see it. None of the Bonds, so far, has been heartless IMO.
    Good old Lazenby. The last time he got any press attention was when he slagged of Brosnan.
    Lazenby, you are a turd. Always have been.
    Didn't he slag off Brosnan at one point? Seems like old George, and he is getting old now, knows the only way he makes print is controversial opinions on his successors.

Its getting old now George.
    Has Connery ever said anything on Lazenby and OHMSS?
  • His opinions aren't even consistent, one interview he's very open about his work as Bond, and very positive about the series, and has good arguments about it. (I'm mostly talking about that very interesting interview/Q&A he did after a screeing of OHMSS) the next he's pissing all over the franchise without any good arguments. I just don't get the man.

Sometimes he's very likeable, some times he's a complete d*ck
    edited August 2012 Posts: 11,139
    NM
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Lazenby is a douche. Every time he makes a statement like this, it taints my opinion of his performance in OHMSS even more. He doesn't do himself any favours.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 3,494
    imranbecks wrote:
    Rather harsh from George Lazenby I feel, but who can blame him.... Read more here >>> http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/266677/-No-heart-blast-for-007-Daniel-Craig/

I wonder how this would affect the reunion of all the Bond actors..

I can blame him plenty. He's jealous. Craig brings it physically as well as he ever did, even people who dislike Craig have difficulty disputing that. That was his only legit claim to be better than the others and now he doesn't have that to fall back on any longer. That's what motivates that statement. It just reinforces my opinion that if anything his only legit claim now is truly being the worst of the lot.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Is Lazenby for real? Bond desperately trying to save Vesper whips his backside with any sort of heart felt emotion in OHMSS, he'll, Bond holding and cradling Mathis as he was dying in QoS was more heart felt than anything in OHMSS. Lazenby needs to go and sit down somewhere.

You are 1000% right about Craig whipping his backside. I'm not saying that George did badly with Tracy's death for a rookie, but I always felt more sympathy for Tracy dying. Craig made me feel worse for Bond, that's how much more powerful his performance was under virtually the same circumstance. I could only see a little sadness from Lazenby, with Craig I could see profound grief, desperation, fear, anger from moment to moment. That's the difference between a real actor and an action hero.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    George must be in bitter drunk mode again.
    What Lazenby thinks or says about any subsequent Bond actors is his business, he has freedom of opinion, but by the same token maybe should reconsider his thoughts before making them public. Craig is not my favorite Bond, far from it, but has done well in his two releases for the most part, better than Lazenby for his one appearance even. I don't mind George as an individual or even as 007, if he wants to air his views then fair enough, but people will always need to choose their words carefully. It is after all, just one individuals (Lazenby's) opinion, but there will always be differences of opinion evident
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited August 2012 Posts: 8,009
    What Lazenby thinks or says about any subsequent Bond actors is his business, he has freedom of opinion, but by the same token maybe should reconsider his thoughts before making them public. Craig is not my favorite Bond, far from it, but has done well in his two releases for the most part, better than Lazenby for his one appearance even. I don't mind George as an individual or even as 007, if he wants to air his views then fair enough, but people will always need to choose their words carefully. It is after all, just one individuals (Lazenby's) opinion, but there will always be differences of opinion evident

It's not because its his opinion, which he's entitled to. It's because it changes so much that everything he says seems fake. It's very unprofessional on his part, and his timing is very odd too.
  • Aside from personal appearances when he could make some cash, when was George ever professional when it came to Bond?
    While it's easy to suggest any stories or talking could be fabricated by desperate media outlets, we must assume that these are indeed Lazenby's own words and evaluations and I see no reason to doubt them, although you know how things are. Maybe just not on, criticizing any other Bond actors when you've been one yourself, or part of one of the greatest movie franchises since time began, and Yes, George could be making a rod for his own back yet again, but you know how some people are, when they are unhappy about something or wish to vent their frustrations. Could be a bit of attention about it also, but that seems doubtful. I'd go as far to say it even seems a bit blown out of proportion even. Too much emphasis on any given persons musings sometimes..
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Has Connery ever said anything on Lazenby and OHMSS?

After a relisten to his 1971 BBC interview on the DAF UDVD, he may hint at a little of that. Best for you to give it a listen and have your own impressions. Mine was that he agreed with the producers' decision to cut ties with George. How he felt about the OMHSS story and script, I've never heard and don't really know his thoughts.
  • I'm not sure who I prefer out of Lazenby and Craig, both are good but I'm not the biggest fan of either, I know that I like all the other Bonds better.

Anyway, Craigs Bond does have heart (but Lazenby did too), just watch all the Vesper stuff.
    Well like anybody the man has an opinion, like most folks here. Heck even Sir Roger thinks that the current direction is rather too violent for his taste.
  • If he thinks the new films are too violent that's fine, it's his opinion, but saying his one was the only film that treated Bond like a human being and that Bond is like a robot killer now just isn't true.

Then again, this is the Daily Star, we shouldn't be trusting this really, they're probably just trying to stir things up.
    Lazer, Craig, and Dalton had the most heart, in my opinion. That's part of the reason why I love their movies the most. I honestly don't get what George is saying, he's probably having trouble keeping the Australian end up.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 645
    --->“It’s the way our society has gone. You can’t have someone who’s got feelings now. Bond has to be able to shoot someone and kiss a girl three minutes later.

“When I did it, it had more heart. There’s no heart to the new Bond.”

I mean George talking about films being violent and no passion... this coming from the model, newbie actor who got married in a Bond film. No other Bond film had such "heart" as he speaks of, even Roger Moore films.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Lazemby's an oldman. old people should act arrogantly like this.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

You are 1000% right about Craig whipping his backside. I'm not saying that George did badly with Tracy's death for a rookie, but I always felt more sympathy for Tracy dying. Craig made me feel worse for Bond, that's how much more powerful his performance was under virtually the same circumstance. I could only see a little sadness from Lazenby, with Craig I could see profound grief, desperation, fear, anger from moment to moment. That's the difference between a real actor and an action hero.

Much as I think Laz is a legend, he really should just keep it shut. I agree with SirHenry that Vespers death hits harder than Tracys, mostly becaus you feel for Bond more and thats down to Craig.

I love George as Bond but although he did well in the final scene for a first timer, I dont consider it anywhere near his best moment and to start slagging off a bloke with a serious body of work as an actor when all hes got is a few shitty Hong Kong chop socky films and Emanuelle VI to his name makes him come across both as bitter and a bit of an idiot.
    Movies have all trended towards more violence, not just Bond movies. And that's not my taste either. But I guess I'm in the minority. That's probably why I don't go to as many movies as I used to. I want to be entertained. To me, that's not entertainment.
  • I think Lazenby is stating this for the free publicity and is a move I don't endorse, but didn't Connery bash Dalton and Moore's portrayls?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 2,341
    As much as I enjoyed George's portrayal of Bond, he does not have to knock on Craig. I guess just sour grapes after all these years. WTF? He had his chance and he blew up. Why doesn't he just lean back and shut the hell up rather than making crude comments about other actors who are wiser and not so arrogant as he was when given their chance at the brass ring.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    'Bond has to be able to shoot someone now and kiss a girl three minutes later.'

Wasnt that always the way George?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited August 2012 Posts: 16,328
    First he rags on Pierce for being too "emotional." Now he's ripping on Craig for being too "tough?" I'm so confused. b-(

I think George is trying to squeeze some attention out of anything so he can have some limelight for the 50th anniversary.