Your thoughts on IF all the previous Bonds had a cameo in SKYFALL.

Comments

EXACTLY
    personally i would hate it, i am not a fan of blatant references to previous films. just hope we don't have another DAD on our hands, i fear we might have something similar. hope i am wrong.

• I came up with this little scene a while ago, it shouldn't be in SkyFall, but it would be very cool as a DVD/BluRay bonus:

We see the DB5 pull up to
    SkyFall Lodge
    , Bond (Daniel) and M get out. Bond tells M to wait.

He approaches the front door, knocks on it hard. Pierce Brosnan, in suit or tuxedo, opens the door. "Who are you?" Pierce asks. "The name's Bond.... James Bond'' Daniel answers. Pierce gives a short, knowing, grunt and nod, allows Daniel to enter.

They both pass through a long hall towards a small room, with a high ceilling. In the middle we see a poker table, with loads of smoke. Some guys are playing cards, smoking cigarettes. As we come closer we see these are the other Bonds: Sean, George, Roger and Tim.

Brosnan sits down in his spot, Sean turns around. "We've been waiting for you"

Daniel pulls one of those half smiles with his lips, (the one he does occasionally after making a good joke, or when Vesper says something he likes), sits down, fixes his cufflinks, picks up some cards. "Sorry I took so long"

They all start playing cards.

The ending shot is M just waiting outside as it starts to rain.

(This would also be cool as an extra on the Craig's final Bond film, where it would make more sense, and then at the end, a new 007, not yet identified could walk up to M "007 reporting for duty" or "Let's go, ma'am" something like that)
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,629
    actonsteve wrote:
    [
    Another respectable point, but this is a big deal. Likely no other film franchises will ever meet this same milestone. Bond has survived through everything, from trends and eras to changes in world history and sensibilities. That is something to shout about.

Sorry but after the fanwank of DAD, I think eon had better steer clear of anything like that. I dont want to spend the film trying to spot which geriatric Bond actor is in the background.

Let them be at the premiere etc and do interviews but leave it at that.

I don't see why you're against having them just walk by in a crowd or something. You don't HAVE to try and spot them, you probably wouldn't even notice them.

SF has references in the trailer (palm reading gun, you must be joking), so you're not getting a completely reference free film.

I think at this point in the franchise's history, there's going to be some sort of reference to another film (intentional or not).

As for the subject matter, I think a hand of blackjack with all 6 Bonds would be nice.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Dig up Barry Nelson or it doesn't count.
    I'm not down for it. Personally, a 50th anniversary shouldn't be full of references or eggs. I just want Skyfall to be the best, most quintessential Bond movie.
    Wouldn't mind blink and miss, but lines is to much.
    @actionsteve ~ I agree, it's Craig's film, allow him to be the focus.
    Having all of them together in another venue would be nice. Or even at the end of Skyfall, show a short clip of say the last five bond's best part of his best movie in celebration of the anniversary, that wouldn't take away from Skyfall and give the fans something to look forward to. Just a thought. Hasn't been done before.
    Great Day everyone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Or credits featuring all the past Bonds in their best moments along with Dan.
  • Or credits featuring all the past Bonds in their best moments along with Dan.
    That's a good idea.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It would be a shame not to see a fresh opening titles, but they could do what OHMSS did in their titles and have a flashback to the past films.
  • I like that there seems there may well be subtle references to the past in Skyfall but cameo inclusions of all the previous Bonds would be wrong and would come across as cheesy and cringe-worthy. I would however love to see a top budget feature length documentary film featuring all the Bonds together discussing and celebrating 50 years of Bond. That would be amazing.
  • I like that there seems there may well be subtle references to the past in Skyfall but cameo inclusions of all the previous Bonds would be wrong and would come across as cheesy and cringe-worthy. I would however love to see a top budget feature length documentary film featuring all the Bonds together discussing and celebrating 50 years of Bond. That would be amazing.

Why would it if they were just walking by in the background or something at different times? You probably wouldn't even notice them so why not?

You're documentary idea sounds cool though.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I would however love to see a top budget feature length documentary film featuring all the Bonds together discussing and celebrating 50 years of Bond. That would be amazing.

They should all be playing cards while discussing there time as Bond!
    Murdock wrote:
    I would however love to see a top budget feature length documentary film featuring all the Bonds together discussing and celebrating 50 years of Bond. That would be amazing.

Ok, wow...I just fangasmed.

Why would it if they were just walking by in the background or something at different times? You probably wouldn't even notice them so why not?

You're documentary idea sounds cool though.

For me a cameo should be an actual on screen part of the movie kind of thing where they get a line or two. Just being in the background would be pointless and to some a little insulting for such legendary Bond actors.
  • Murdock wrote:

I like the sound of that!!
    ROFL
    echo wrote:
    Dig up Barry Nelson or it doesn't count.

=))
    I don't think it should happen. Just stick with MGW as thats enough.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    For me a cameo should be an actual on screen part of the movie kind of thing where they get a line or two. Just being in the background would be pointless and to some a little insulting for such legendary Bond actors.

Why? To have them be in the background would be the only way to make it work and look good, at the same time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would like something like MGW's cameo in DAD: you can see them, but they aren't thrown in your face. They'll just be sitting there doing an everyday thing, or walking by, or gambling, or something.
    It would be hilarious if Bond was waling past a card table, asks to join in, and then all the past Bonds unanimously yell "No!". He walks off with an "up yours" look on his face.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    It would be hilarious if Bond was waling past a card table, asks to join in, and then all the past Bonds unanimously yell "No!". He walks off with an "up yours" look on his face.

Bond walks past with Severine and says "Can I join in?"

Connery: No! Thish ish a private game!
    Dalton: Piss off
    edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694

Bond: Can I join in?

Dalton: Piss off.
    Bond: Mind if I take a seat?

Sir Sean: Ahh...Go Fishh ish over there my boy.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837

Bond walks past with Severine "please can I join in?"

Moore: No, but she can *raises eyebrow*

Bond: But as long as I'm here I'm allowed to play.

Brosnan stands up: THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE STANDING HERE!!!!

Bond walks past with Severine "please can I join in?"

Moore: No, but she can *raises eyebrow*

Bond: But as long as I'm here I'm allowed to play.

Brosnan stands up: THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE STANDING HERE!!!!

Laz: You've got all the time in the world to play cards. Juuuust not here.
    It shouldn't happen, it's not going to happen, that is the bottom line

Fifty years anniversary and a nice idea or not, It's something that just doesn't need to take place this year. Craig is Bond now, the others have finished with the part, many years ago, I wouldn't one or two in it let alone the other five. I just couldn't entertain this though maybe, the issue seems irrelevant as this idea will not take place, we can talk about it all we want but it simply won't happen. It is for the best
    It shouldn't happen, it's not going to happen, that is the bottom line

Fifty years anniversary and a nice idea or not, It's something that just doesn't need to take place this year. Craig is Bond now, the others have finished with the part, many years ago, I wouldn't one or two in it let alone the other five. I just couldn't entertain this though maybe, the issue seems irrelevant as this idea will not take place, we can talk about it all we want but it simply won't happen. It is for the best

But that's what we've been doing: talking about it. There's no harm in it.
    Sure there's no harm in it, but above all else, it just feels inappropriate or even unnecessary. They to me, seem to be the operative words on this issue. Just something I (and a great many others it seems) wouldn't be comfortable with, or wouldn't hope to see
    But on the other end of the spectrum, many of us think, if handled properly, it would be a very nice nod to the fans. I don't see how it's inappropriate to speak about it.