Your thoughts on IF all the previous Bonds had a cameo in SKYFALL.

edited August 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 645
With the 50th Anniversary in mind, I'd love to see a cameo or an homage in reference to older Bonds or just have them as background characters for the 50th Anniversary. My first reaction to this may be most of yours, which is it would be dumb, or hurt the film, or making it seem cheesy, but I'd just like to see them be included while their all still around to do so.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on why this would be a good or bad idea.

Comments

• I think it's a good idea, as long as it's not too in your face. It would be cool having them just walking by in the background or something.
    I think it's a good idea, as long as it's not too in your face. It would be cool having them just walking by in the background or something.

I would absolutely be OK with that. But no interaction, no cheesy lines
    Right, I believe Hitchcock did that with his films. And honestly I think it would be a nice 50th anniversary Easter eggs to be found by true Bond fans. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would be lying if I said I wouldn't want it. Dan playing some texas hold 'em in a small scene with the other competitors being the past 5 Bond actors.
  • It would be beyond great of course to get them all together, but that could be a problem. Sir Sean is retired, in ill health, and probably disinterested. However, if anyone can pull it off, it would be EON.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It would be beyond great of course to get them all together, but that could be a problem. Sir Sean is retired, in ill health, and probably disinterested. However, if anyone can pull it off, it would be EON.

Actually he is doing swimmingly if we take note of his NYC stock exchange appearance just a short time back. I think in his age he has wizened and lost the grudges he has held. Fingers crossed. [-O<
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wouldn't that be a great treat? I would love to see that, only if it wasn't in your face and glaringly forced.
    For all we know it's already happened, but it would have had to have been a big secret for Bond fans and paparazzi not to know. I would think if at least not the film, then they'll find a way to get them all together for a launch or DVD re-release....
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As a background dancer or such like, I'd be fine with it. I won't happen though, which is a shame. Plus, I'd only want it to happen, if all five could take part.
    Yes, I agree @Samuel001 , all five or no.
    If information like twists and the ending have been leaked, then I doubt all five could have done a cameo in the film without anyone leaking it to the public.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If information like twists and the ending have been leaked, then I doubt all five could have done a cameo in the film without anyone leaking it to the public.

That could be, but they would be uncredited most likely and could have gone about it in secret, even for a Bond shoot. Kind of like what they did with
    Michelle Monaghan in MI:GP
    True, very good example. I would go insane if they all appeared. I'm also interested to finally (and carefully) stake out MGW's cameo in the film.
  • well we all heard rumours that Dan would be in a scene with the Queen months before we saw it for real in the Olympic opening ceremony. It was still unbelievable to see it actually happen. If her majesty can figure in a bond scene with Dan , then certainly possible for ex 007's to do so too
  • It would be great if they got all of them together for a sit down discussion for the DVD of Skyfall.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Creasy47 wrote:
    True, very good example. I would go insane if they all appeared. I'm also interested to finally (and carefully) stake out MGW's cameo in the film.

Funnily enough, that's been leaked too. I know where abouts he'll be, so I should be able to spot him.
  • This is an interesting thread. To be honest, I'm really torn down the middle about this. As most of you have said, I agree that it would be a blast to have, and a wonderful nod to us Bond fans in this special anniversary. @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's suggestion is quite inspired - having all five of them at a card table with Craig. That would be a hoot to say the least.

At the same time, I fear that any kind of cameo risks the chance of serving as much as a distraction as an homage. And unfortunately, these type of stunts can sometimes take one out of the film, albeit for a moment. But I don't think that should have to happen ever. If it's going to be done, it's probably best to do it all in one scene, as suggested before. That way you're constantly not looking for them, and thus, removing yourself that much more from the story. But like I just said, it may not be worth the trouble. As much of a gift to fans as a little stunt like this can be, I'll be hard pressed to find many of you who will disagree that the best gift EON can give us for this anniversary is simply to have SkyFall be great.
    Far too fanwanky and we all know what happened when the films indulged in Fanwank.

Its Dans film. Let him be the focus.
    @Samuel001, shame. Well I'm not sure, but I randomly spouted out 'Shanghai' a few months ago to someone, but I'll find out (hopefully) when I see the full film.
    This is an interesting thread. To be honest, I'm really torn down the middle about this. As most of you have said, I agree that it would be a blast to have, and a wonderful nod to us Bond fans in this special anniversary. @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7's suggestion is quite inspired - having all five of them at a card table with Craig. That would be a hoot to say the least.

At the same time, I fear that any kind of cameo risks the chance of serving as much as a distraction as an homage. And unfortunately, these type of stunts can sometimes take one out of the film, albeit for a moment. But I don't think that should have to happen ever. If it's going to be done, it's probably best to do it all in one scene, as suggested before. That way you're constantly not looking for them, and thus, removing yourself that much more from the story. But like I just said, it may not be worth the trouble. As much of a gift to fans as a little stunt like this can be, I'll be hard pressed to find many of you who will disagree that the best gift EON can give us for this anniversary is simply to have SkyFall be great.

You make very good points indeed, and I do wonder if EON have now put any thought of easter eggs out of their heads after the overall reaction to DAD and its piles upon piles of winks that did get annoying. I think just this little wink would be fine, and nothing else. After that all Skyfall has to do is be great, and I think it has that all down pat.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It would be great if they got all of them together for a sit down discussion for the DVD of Skyfall.

This. I would accept this to be the extent of it as I do not want past Bonds appearing in SF. So what if it's the 50th anniversary? It's still a Bond movie and I don't want these gimmicky casting stunts in the movie. If I want to see any of the previous Bonds on a Bond film, I'll go and watch their respective films.
    doubleoego wrote:
    It would be great if they got all of them together for a sit down discussion for the DVD of Skyfall.

This. I would accept this to be the extent of it as I do not want past Bonds appearing in SF. So what if it's the 50th anniversary? It's still a Bond movie and I don't want these gimmicky casting stunts in the movie. If I want to see any of the previous Bonds on a Bond film, I'll go and watch their respective films.

Another respectable point, but this is a big deal. Likely no other film franchises will ever meet this same milestone. Bond has survived through everything, from trends and eras to changes in world history and sensibilities. That is something to shout about.
  • It would be beyond great of course to get them all together, but that could be a problem. Sir Sean is retired, in ill health, and probably disinterested. However, if anyone can pull it off, it would be EON.

Actually he is doing swimmingly if we take note of his NYC stock exchange appearance just a short time back. I think in his age he has wizened and lost the grudges he has held. Fingers crossed. [-O<

Good to hear he is doing better =D>. It will be one of my saddest days ever when my cinematic hero passes from this world. I already lost my wife (and best friend), my favorite guitarist (Gary Moore), and favorite composer (John Barry) all in 2011. Easily my worst year ever.

Unfortunately, a NYSE appearance is rather different from a film appearance. So I'm not counting on that. I'd be happy enough just to get the six together for a photo-op. And if none of those things happen amidst all the hoopla and festivities, I'll just be satisfied watching Craig being normal Bond and getting a blockbuster classic Bond film, of which I see a whole lot of potential for.

[
    Another respectable point, but this is a big deal. Likely no other film franchises will ever meet this same milestone. Bond has survived through everything, from trends and eras to changes in world history and sensibilities. That is something to shout about.

Sorry but after the fanwank of DAD, I think eon had better steer clear of anything like that. I dont want to spend the film trying to spot which geriatric Bond actor is in the background.

Let them be at the premiere etc and do interviews but leave it at that.

edited August 2012 Posts: 28,694
    It would be beyond great of course to get them all together, but that could be a problem. Sir Sean is retired, in ill health, and probably disinterested. However, if anyone can pull it off, it would be EON.

Good to hear he is doing better =D>. It will be one of my saddest days ever when my cinematic hero passes from this world. I already lost my wife (and best friend), my favorite guitarist (Gary Moore), and favorite composer (John Barry) all in 2011. Easily my worst year ever.

Unfortunately, a NYSE appearance is rather different from a film appearance. So I'm not counting on that. I'd be happy enough just to get the six together for a photo-op. And if none of those things happen amidst all the hoopla and festivities, I'll just be satisfied watching Craig being normal Bond and getting a blockbuster classic Bond film, of which I see a whole lot of potential for.
    Here's links to some footage from that appearance:

Skyfall cameo or not, I am just glad to see one of my heros doing so well after a rough spot, and further more that here in the year of the 50th anniversary we are so blessed to have all 6 of our James Bonds still gracing this earth.
    Imagine the incredible, beautiful experience that would be all six of them sitting down at once to talk about the world of James Bond.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 645
    Nice points being made,
    "It's Craigs film"
    "No gimicks, fanwack junk"
    "Only for a Skyfall or 50th Anniversary DVD"

BUT heres the best of the otherside:
    "If anyone could do it, EON could"
    "Its like no other franchise, the 50th is a big deal"
    "Imagine all 6 of them playing cards together"

Really great ideas and points all around.
    I think we'll all be happy with the film, and EON will make sure not to make previous mistakes done before.

I bet we'll be surprised and pleased non the less.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think it would be nice if Craig walked past a picture of the 5 previous bonds playing cards.
    @Murdock YES.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    actonsteve wrote:
    [

Sorry but after the fanwank of DAD, I think eon had better steer clear of anything like that. I dont want to spend the film trying to spot which geriatric Bond actor is in the background.

Let them be at the premiere etc and do interviews but leave it at that.

I don't see why you're against having them just walk by in a crowd or something. You don't HAVE to try and spot them, you probably wouldn't even notice them.

SF has references in the trailer (palm reading gun, you must be joking), so you're not getting a completely reference free film.