Best comedy TV series of the last 15 years ! EDIT: and older

2»

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I wish they could make another season of Fresh Prince... It was cool too.

It's funny, I saw James Avery (Uncle Phil), Alfonso Riberio (Carlton), Tatiana Ali (Ashley), and Karen Parsons (Hilary) all on a game show hosted by Riberio not too long ago, and they all looked really out of the "Fresh Prince Element", you might say. Well actually, Tatiana Ali still looked like Ashley, but the other three had aged tremendously, and Riberio had gained considerbale weight.

Cool! :D I saw Riberio on a movie a few years ago, and he was already a bit "big-sized". James Avery, saw him at My Wife & Kids, and he was very old, same fatsize as Prince. Tatiana grew up, turned up to be a great singer - unfortunately not very known on many countries - as the same time that she made herself become a hot girl (May she do a Bond song or get a Bond role 10 or 15 years from now *-*) and Karen Parsons, unfortunately, IMHO, doesn't looks so beautiful as she did back then at Fresh Prince. Will Smith stays the same :)) Never heard of 'Geoffrey' again, neither of the Will's friend 'Jazz'. BUT, all i had info was a recent photo of him, he seems very older than he would be.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    I wish they could make another season of Fresh Prince... It was cool too.

It's funny, I saw James Avery (Uncle Phil), Alfonso Riberio (Carlton), Tatiana Ali (Ashley), and Karen Parsons (Hilary) all on a game show hosted by Riberio not too long ago, and they all looked really out of the "Fresh Prince Element", you might say. Well actually, Tatiana Ali still looked like Ashley, but the other three had aged tremendously, and Riberio had gained considerbale weight.

Cool! :D I saw Riberio on a movie a few years ago, and he was already a bit "big-sized". James Avery, saw him at My Wife & Kids, and he was very old, same fatsize as Prince. Tatiana grew up, turned up to be a great singer - unfortunately not very known on many countries - as the same time that she made herself become a hot girl (May she do a Bond song or get a Bond role 10 or 15 years from now *-*) and Karen Parsons, unfortunately, IMHO, doesn't looks so beautiful as she did back then at Fresh Prince. Will Smith stays the same :)) Never heard of 'Geoffrey' again, neither of the Will's friend 'Jazz'. BUT, all i had info was a recent photo of him, he seems very older than he would be.

That's true, I haven't seen or heard of Jazz, Geoffry, or even both Aunt Vivians in anything following The Fresh Prince. As for Hilary, you're right, she sort of lost it in recent years. The beauty just isn't there like it used to be, sadly.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    00Beast wrote:
    That's true, I haven't seen or heard of Jazz, Geoffry, or even both Aunt Vivians in anything following The Fresh Prince. As for Hilary, you're right, she sort of lost it in recent years. The beauty just isn't there like it used to be, sadly.

She costumed to be my "I want to marry her" kind of girl.
    It's sad to see what the age does with a person, in a few cases.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Will Smith stays the same :))

Will Smith should put whatever he has in a can and sell it. He doesn't age at all.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Will Smith stays the same :))

Will Smith should put whatever he has in a can and sell it. He doesn't age at all.

You're right, it's almost scary! Hahaha, I saw an interview with him not too long ago, and I could promise he looked exactly like he did when the pilot episode of the first season of Fresh Prince was made!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    00Beast wrote:
    Why do you not like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air? I think it's rip-roaring laughter at its best!

In fairness old chap you are the guy who has OHMSS in his bottom 3 so I dont think our tastes are going to ever be compatible. In fact if you said you liked Partridge and The Thick of It I'd start to doubt my own sanity.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,399
    for me personally... i always enjoyed (or enjoy)

- Mystery Science Theater 3000
    - The Drew Carey Show (before it got up it's own arse with the serious episodes)
    - King Of Queens
    - The Office (US version)
    - Spaced
    - Home Improvement
    - Married With Children (on the hairy edge of the 15 year time frame)
    - Fresh Prince of Bel Air (again, on the hair edge of the 15 year time frame)
    - Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law
    - South Park
    - Top Gear (UK version... US version sucks, and i'm a yank)
    The Big Bang Theory
    How I Met Your Mother
    Wilfred
    Adventure Time
    Seinfeld
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Family Guy (before it drowned itself with fart jokes and political incorrectness)
    I honestly hate How I Met Your Mother. Used to be a fan until about Season 5, when I feel it went downhill rapidly. Can't even watch an episode from Seasons 2 or 3 (probably the better ones) now.
    Wilfred

Australian or US version?. I think both are great, but I prefer the American version, one of the only remakes I actually enjoy.

Anyway, I forgot about Father Ted and IT crowd on my list, they're both funny.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How I Met Your Mother is a horrid waste. I have never laughed at anything that show meagerly throws my way.
    15 years ago that would put us in 1997... . I have never been a big fan of these new comedies nowadays but ones that get a laugh out of me:
    Everybody Loves Raymond
    King of Queens
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    How I Met Your Mother is a horrid waste. I have never laughed at anything that show meagerly throws my way.

Like the first three seasons of Friends before that ran of steam, there were a handful of decent episodes early on. If nothing else, its gag reel raises a few smiles, I've discovered...

Exactly how I feel about it now. I catch a glimpse of an earlier episode while flicking through channels and I don't understand what I, or anyone, found funny about it.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Volante wrote:

Exactly how I feel about it now. I catch a glimpse of an earlier episode while flicking through channels and I don't understand what I, or anyone, found funny about it.

I have never seen one episode of "How I met..." but from the clips I see I never laugh. Not funny at all.
    Seems like a lot of the sitcoms today have to toss some sexual tension and inneudo at the audience. I don't think we need that to be funny. Like stand up comics feel they have to use vile language to be funny. Pointless.
    Wilfred

Australian or US version?. I think both are great, but I prefer the American version, one of the only remakes I actually enjoy.

Anyway, I forgot about Father Ted and IT crowd on my list, they're both funny.

The American version. It's the only one I've watched.
    Hands down for me would be Only Fools And Horses! ^:)^
    RogueAgent wrote:

I would say that too, but it's the last 15 years.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Surely its not been 15 years since the last one?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Not even 10! Just nine, the last episode was Christmas Day 2003.

I would pick Only Fools And Horses too.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    My favorite comedy series has to be 'Californication' on Showtime. That show has me in stitches every time I watch it.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Not even 10! Just nine, the last episode was Christmas Day 2003.

I would pick Only Fools And Horses too.

Cheers Samuel! I seriously would be worried then! :)) Then? I am very happy to stick with my choice. :-bd
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I don't think so, but the main series was in the 80s, and from then on it was only specials, so I don't think it's fair to count it. I always said Only Fools should've ended with the xmas special where they become millionaires. It was the perfect ending and there was no need to bring it back after that. I didn't think the specials after that one were as good as past series' and specials.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I don't think so, but the main series was in the 80s, and from then on it was only specials, so I don't think it's fair to count it. I always said Only Fools should've ended with the xmas special where they become millionaires. It was the perfect ending and there was no need to bring it back after that. I didn't think the specials after that one were as good as past series' and specials.

Spot on. Its been 20 years since OFAH was any good.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,635
    "Life is like a P3n15. It is sensible, fragile and straight... Then a woman arrives, and make it all get harder!" - Charlie Harper
  • Parks and Recreation
    Community
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Simpsons (if it counts) & Two And A Half Men are easy choices for me. If I really have to choose I will have to say The Simpsons. Big Bang Theory and Scrubs are pretty good too.