Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    talos7 wrote: »
    I can’t find any retraction from The Sun. Or is this another rumor?

Rumour has it that their retraction was merely a rumour. Oh, the irony!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    German magazine DER SPIEGEL are also reporting about ATJ to be the next Bond, and they are quotuinge the SUN, that shooting will begin later that year. But what reliable source is the SUN? If Baz Bamigboye would confirm this, we'd know for sure. So, just wait and see and have lot of cups of tea.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    😂
  • If I was the guy who initiated this rumor, I’d be laughing my butt off at how many big outlets are running with it 😂
  • peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »
    I can’t find any retraction from The Sun. Or is this another rumor?

Maybe he’s talking about the BBC has debunked this?
  • edited March 19 Posts: 303
    You can't make a high budget film without a release date agreed. I've seen nothing online to suggest Amazon has a Bond 26 release date in mind.

Pardon my repeating myself but B Broccoli recently said "nothing is happening yet." If that's her honest comment then Bond 26 does not have a release date which means no studio space at Pinewood is booked, no locations locked, no cast and crew ready to work.

It's possible Eon have some first draft script or treatment. They may be at stage 1 in the story process but Broccoli has no reason to disclose that information. Who knows, maybe they have no screenplay but taking a guess it's possible they have some story ideas how to reboot Bond. There must be professional screenwriters working in film and TV with some ideas and some may have approached Eon or vice versa.

But without a screenplay finished and no release date fixed in place why would Eon announce the new Bond actor? It's far too early in the film making process. If Broccoli is interviewed in the next few months and she says "we're planning to release Bond 26 in 2026" then any new speculation about Johnson may have some credibility. But all we have at the moment is "nothing is happening yet" and that's from the Bond producer. She knows the state of play better than the showbiz editor at the Sun. We all play along with the charade in the hope it's real news but we also know newspapers use click bait tactics to get attention.
    Only one man can get to the bottom of this

Regarding the BBC denying the ATJ rumour: Back in 2005, just TWO days before Craig was officially announced, apparently EON claimed that no decision had been made yet: https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2889

I am not saying that the ATJ rumour is 100% true. All I am saying is that expect EON to deny everything until an official announcement.
  • Maybe I've been watching too much of the sopranos lately. However, there's a line that Hesh says when talking about music. A hit is a hit. You just know by listening to it.

I've never got that x factor from ATJ.

I can fix that. Watch this clip: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cU2_KAiUMIs

B-) :))
  • Irish007Irish007 Dublin
    James Norton would be a great choice for me. Would also allow me to dodge the Bond actor being younger than me one final time X_X
    Regarding the BBC denying the ATJ rumour: Back in 2005, just TWO days before Craig was officially announced, apparently EON claimed that no decision had been made yet: https://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=2889

I am not saying that the ATJ rumour is 100% true. All I am saying is that expect EON to deny everything until an official announcement.

Good find. Certainly adds to the mystery. 😉
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    Oh lawdy lawd, this is all a big mess. The Sun scewed up, yet again.
    Oh lawdy lawd, this is all a big mess. The Sun scewed up, yet again.

They know what they're doing. It helps sell papers and get clicks on their website. The Sun and the truth parted company many years ago.
    Ok i cant hold my tounge anymore my dog is the next james bond the film titled Dr. bark is written and directed by @peter it will be fantastic
  • peterpeter Toronto

True @Colonel_Venus , but at that point we know there were auditions , there were candidates, we know they were seeking their new Bond, they had a script, we knew there was an active slate with a film readying to go into production…

I’m telling you: there was no script back in 2022, or last year. And potentially, not much of one today.

There were no auditions held. Not this year. Not last year, during all the strikes and upheavals, and not two years ago.

No director is on board. Not today. Not last year. And not two years ago. Plus Deni- I mean the director, will wait to see the script before attaching themselves.

This offer that ATJ is going to sign this week is a complete fabrication.

I’m not saying he won’t be Bond (I do doubt it, based on nothing), but he gets the role after a script, after a director and after auditions.

Do you not audition for Batman? Was Robert Pattinson handed that role, before a script, just because? Or did he have to beat out other candidates, including Nicholas Hoult, after a script was written?

What about Superman? Did Gunn give the role to his buddy Chris Pratt before he wrote a script? No he wrote a script, he didn’t hand over the lead to his buddy, or any other actor, but instead, he auditioned a bunch of worthy candidates.

Why would anyone think that EoN would just hand the role over to a guy before a script’s been written, before a director’s been hired, and without putting him in competition against other worthy actors?

And why would anyone think a director would attach himself to a project with no script???

You must see that none of that makes sense, right?
  • edited March 19 Posts: 9,771

On of the big three in the bond fan community made his video

Zaritsky also made a video but i think its instagram only

Also i just realized he is younger then me

So nope i am firmly anti ATJ sorry but i am not ready for a midlife crisis
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Perhaps Kate Middleton is in hiding while she is buffing up in preparation to be Bond #7.

She is about as likely a choice as ATJ, in my opinion.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Wow, almost three pages of posts between me going to bed, and this morning.
    I thought something must've happened. And then I remembered, the ATJ rumours were still in the news.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    One of our posters here let me know that evenCNN reached out to EON and were told the rumours are false.

As fast as this fire started, as I predicted earlier today: barely anyone will remember this on Friday, and no one will by next Monday.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 19 Posts: 2,928
    Not sure how much of The Sun's reputation's known outside the UK, but they're like that bloke in the pub who comes out with any old tripe to stir people up just to see the chaos ensue. They really will just invent something and then sit back and laugh at the fallout. Having said that, this ATJ thing's not that clear cut because EON have got a long track record of flatly denying things that are true until they're good and ready to go public with them - 'no decision' two days before Craig's announcement is a great example. So, who knows?
  • edited March 19 Posts: 6,677
    peter wrote: »
    One of our posters here let me know that evenCNN reached out to EON and were told the rumours are false.

As fast as this fire started, as I predicted earlier today: barely anyone will remember this on Friday, and no one will by next Monday.

True, very true. Actually, these recurring rumours on ATJ are becoming as annoying as, say, ATJ himself.

This was another obvious attempt by all parties, except EON, to have some clicks and publicity at the expense of the people. Shame on them.

If anything, it served one porpuse, which was to show the abysmal response to that possibility. Social media (not that I have much presence on social media) ran with it and the sheer amount of negative responses was undeniable. A simple search for these recent rumours in any platform shows this.

@peter is been trying to call us all back to reason and good sense. Things won’t unfold like this. There are procedures and selected media for the reveal. And…we’re just too early in the game.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Kraven is a problem - he can't be if he continues with Kraven.

Give me three different Bonds for the next three films.

60s Bond - One of the Dwarfs from The Hobbit Movies. Yeah that guy.

70s Bond - Thor

90s Bond - Our Henry

Then lead into new Jimmy Bond films - you know this makes perfect sense.

Directors - John Wick Director for Thor Bond. Jalmari Helander for 60s Bond. Gareth Evans for 90s Bond.

I'm a genius and invincible.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Venutius wrote: »
    Not sure how much of The Sun's reputation's known outside the UK, but they're like that bloke in the pub who comes out with any old tripe to stir people up just to see the chaos ensue. They really will just invent something and then sit back and laugh at the fallout. Having said that, this ATJ thing's not that clear cut because EON have got a long track record of flatly denying things that are true until they're good and ready to go public with them - 'no decision' two days before Craig's announcement is a great example. So, who knows?

As I said to colonel Venus, back then we knew they were seeking the next Bond, news of auditions, news of an active slate and production was gearing up soon, we knew there was a script and writers, and so on, so far different than today where there is:

No script.
    No director.
    No auditions.
    No planned slate for production.
    No release date.
    Not even a title.

Today's explosion fe.els, and felt, right off the hop, more like an out of control hoax.

And it seems to be ending as such, too...
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited March 19 Posts: 2,928
    Yes, indeed. Even taking EON's occasional blunt denials into account, this's got 'Sun hoax' all over it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 19 Posts: 5,869
    I mentioned it on another page but ATJ's got quite the busy year of releases ahead of him with The Fall Guy, Kraven The Hunter and Nosferatu. I'm particularly looking forward to The Fall Guy and Nosferatu. I think ATJ and Eggers are going to be a good combo.
  • edited March 19 Posts: 303
    Venutius wrote: »
    Yes, indeed. Even taking EON's occasional blunt denials into account, this's got 'Sun hoax' all over it.

hqdefault.jpg

;))
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I mentioned it on another page but ATJ's got quite the busy year of releases ahead of him with The Fall Guy, Kraven The Hunter and Nosferatu. I'm particularly looking forward to The Fall Guy and Nosferatu. I think ATJ and Eggers are going to be a good combo.

He's certainly the Fall Guy today. ;)

I can fix that. Watch this clip: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cU2_KAiUMIs

B-) :))
    I am convinced that if Barbara Broccoli saw that clip, she would cast him immediately!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 19 Posts: 7,980
    I may be in the minority of individuals for whom the voice of the actor portraying Bond is incredibly vital. To this point all of the actors to portray Bond have had strong, commanding voices.

Simply for comparison…