Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

Kojak007 wrote: »
    I like Edgar Wright. But he doesn't seem to be a director of that grand feel Bond is all about. Indie-like films are the ones Wright excels with.

What about Guy Ritchie instead? His latest movies had surprisingly well done action scenes.

I think Ritchie, Vaughn & Wright are all similar. Especially Richtie & Vaughn. These guys go for too much style that it becomes cartoonish.

Warth of man and The Covenant are very gritty

Ritchie can do it and he seems like an easy-going guy.

So you would to see Bond's bullet coming out of his gun in slow motion and Bond running in slow motion Or Bond screaming in slow motion with his mouth wide as he jumps away from an explosion?

If Bond survives this time, yes.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Theo James would be a good choice, we'd take him over most suggestions. He definitely deserves a screentest
    As everyone knows, I’ve been advocating for Theo James for years. And having watched The Gentlemen I can only say: how on earth isn’t this guy hired already? I see a bit of Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Pierce and even Craig in him. He doesn’t have to raise his voice or an arm to intimidate much larger foes. And he has screen presence. A lot. Just get Ray Winstone as M for a bit of an inside joke, and we’re good to go. BTW, I’d seriously consider Kaya Scodelario for Bond girl as well.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm yet to be fully convinced by Suter, he has a good look but I think his star is still on the rise and I think it's difficult when they haven't done too much, but I think at this stage either Theo James of Callum Turner would be perfect in my books, especially having just seen the first episode of The Gentlemen last night.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I'm yet to be fully convinced by Suter, he has a good look but I think his star is still on the rise and I think it's difficult when they haven't done too much, but I think at this stage either Theo James of Callum Turner would be perfect in my books, especially having just seen the first episode of The Gentlemen last night.

Oh, you're gonna love the rest, my friend. It's a brilliant series. Can't wait for season 2. Richie already has ideas for it, but Netflix hasn't greenlighted yet. But I'm sure it will. It's the best thing on that streamer for a long time, IMO.
    Christopher Nolan and Barbara Broccoli seen together a month ago: https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/image-editorial/christopher-nolan-barbara-broccoli-seen-arriving-downing-14350855d

Sure, they were arriving to an event and Edgar Wright is closely behind them, so it seems it's a coincidence Noland and BB arrived at the same time but this confirms that Noland and Barbara Broccoli are at least on speaking terms.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 12 Posts: 5,869
    It was reported today that Nolan has started writing his next film. Could it be Bond? Who knows? But you know the general assumption will probably be Bond. I'm curious though as to whether Nolan will want to return to something more high concept given Oppenheimer was an outlier amongst his recent projects.
    It was reported today that Nolan has started writing his next film. Could it be Bond? Who knows? But you know the general assumption will probably be Bond. I'm curious though as to whether Nolan will want to return to something more high concept given Oppenheimer was an outlier amongst his recent projects.

It’s most likely not Bond to be honest. It’d likely have been announced that he was onboard if this was the case. Of course the report of him beginning a new project seems to be second hand, and there’s seemingly a Memento remake listed as in development on IMDB, so…

Like I’ve always said, I don’t think Nolan will be heading up a Bond film anytime soon. No idea what he’ll do next though.
    007HallY wrote: »

there’s seemingly a Memento remake listed as in development on IMDB, so…

That Memento remake has been in development for ages. And it’s listed on Nolan’s IMDb page only because it would be based on his movie, he was never going to direct it.
    007HallY wrote: »

there’s seemingly a Memento remake listed as in development on IMDB, so…

That Memento remake has been in development for ages. And it’s listed on Nolan’s IMDb page only because it would be based on his movie, he was never going to direct it.

Yeah, true. Not sure if I’d have picked it as a film to remake if I’m honest (in Nolan’s filmography I’d have said Following and a heavy reworking of Tenet would have been best).
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Univex wrote: »
    As everyone knows, I’ve been advocating for Theo James for years. And having watched The Gentlemen I can only say: how on earth isn’t this guy hired already? I see a bit of Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Pierce and even Craig in him. He doesn’t have to raise his voice or an arm to intimidate much larger foes. And he has screen presence. A lot. Just get Ray Winstone as M for a bit of an inside joke, and we’re good to go. BTW, I’d seriously consider Kaya Scodelario for Bond girl as well.

I can't argue with any of this; he is a stand out and "The Gentleman" may be his "Layer Cake. I would be thrilled if James were to be cast.

With that said, on my list, Leo Suter is right up there with him; he does not have the body of work that James has, Suter is 9 years younger, but he has the rare ability to project the charm of Moore with the physicality and intensity of Craig. I think being nearly a decade younger that Theo plays to his advantage; he could easily do a 15 year run as Bond.

Of the three remaining in our fun little elimination game, Suter and James have an alpha quality that I just don't get from C. Turner; either would be a fine choice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can't say I recognize any of Suter's works but he does seem to have a lot of fan love on the forums.
  • edited March 12 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

I can't argue with any of this; he is a stand out and "The Gentleman" may be his "Layer Cake. I would be thrilled if James were to be cast.

With that said, on my list, Leo Suter is right up there with him; he does not have the body of work that James has, Suter is 9 years younger, but he has the rare ability to project the charm of Moore with the physicality and intensity of Craig. I think being nearly a decade younger that Theo plays to his advantage; he could easily do a 15 year run as Bond.

Of the three remaining in our fun little elimination game, Suter and James have an alpha quality that I just don't get from C. Turner; either would be a fine choice.

That is true. The so called alpha quality is very much present in these two. Not that I like the term, but it does suit them. Theo James is interesting in a way that he doesn't need to be overly muscular to impose himself and have respect from others. Which is interesting. People in interviews complain that his voice is too low, which is perfect. Has good eyebrows, and that nonchalant attitude of Connery. In The Gentlemen, they keep referring to him as the Captain. Just change that to Commander and we're good to go.
    edited March 12 Posts: 7,981
    A return of a dark haired Bond would be a nice contrast to Craig, not that there was anything wrong with Craig's look as Bond

And Alpha is just a broadly recognized , if over used term, that conveys strength
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The Batman 2 just stole bonds usual october/Novber slot in 2026. I wonder if they might consider a Apirl release like they had for Bond 25?
  • edited March 15 Posts: 6,677
    A return of a dark haired Bond would be a nice contrast to Craig, not that there was anything wrong with Craig's look as Bond

Oh, I agree. Another blonde would even be a bit on the nose Craig continuity and a bit offensive in that regard, IMO. Let Craig be "the blonde Bond" for years and years, let him keep his throne. There are other thrones to sit on, I'd say.

That being said, if Suter got the job, I'd keep his hair in a darker shade. And If James got the job, I'd comb his hair just slightly, but not to much, as it doesn't suit him. That alone would make for a different take on Bond, a dark, non slicked, non spiky hair. And I'd give both a shave. Doesn't have to be a close shave, but cmon guys, let's keep some standards ;)
    The Batman 2 just stole bonds usual october/Novber slot in 2026. I wonder if they might consider a Apirl release like they had for Bond 25?

I think the date game will only make your angst rise. Right now, I'm trying very hard not to place the film, even though I wish they'd cast the actor right now, for my favorite has a close deadline marked on his forehead, being 40 this year.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Question, has anyone actually seen Suter act?
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex

Just brutal, Denbigh.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I can't say I've seen his acting, or how good an actor he is. Does he have the ability to take on such an iconic and dare I say important role. Yes, it's not brain surgery, but surely we as fans, want the best we can get as far as acting is concerned.
    As subjective as it may be, I don't think we've had a poor lead actor in the role.
    Lazenby had no acting experience, but the sole film he starred in was not a let down. Or a failure. Such a gamble is unlikely to happen again however.
    As to Suter, I cannot say. But based on his suggestion, I'd say there are fans of the series that feel that he has something to offer. Similarly to how you feel Callum Turner is the man for the job I guess.

They can release in November 2026 with no concern.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 15 Posts: 5,869
    I’m not doubting his ability, I’m just curious, given how high he is on people’s lists, whether people have actually seen him in anything?
    I’m not doubting his ability, I’m just curious, given how high he is on people’s lists, whether people have actually seen him in anything?

I've seen him in bits and pieces, but not quite as much as others have here who favour him (and there are definitely things which others have recommended I watch if I maybe wanted to get more of a sense of his potential). I must admit, I've not seen anything that particularly jumps out at me from him, and I'm not sure if I can say he's someone I'd think about often for Bond, but you never know. He's really not an unlikely candidate.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

I've watched a couple of episodes of Vikings Valhalla, my Mrs loves the show and Suter in it. The show isn't really my bag, but he's got presence and he does come across as a stand out without the show being geared towards his character.

He's got potential but he definitely needs a Layer Cake moment
    I've mainly seen him in Vikings: Valhalla and think he's a strong , versatile actor ; beyond that I've watched clips from other performances as well as interviews

This compilation video demonstrates his screen presence; the song is even Bondian .

Look past the accent being used for the role...

The latest rumor seems to have Nolan eyeing a remake of "The Prisoner" over Bond. Seems more like his material.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    delfloria wrote: »
    The latest rumor seems to have Nolan eyeing a remake of "The Prisoner" over Bond. Seems more like his material.

Now that sounds interesting .... except as a huge fan of the original, I'm not sure why he would need to that.
    Ah, hah! I see what he's doing, In Nolan's version of "The Prisoner", the prisoner will be Bond. Talk about a reinvention.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited March 15 Posts: 735
    Ah, hah! I see what he's doing, In Nolan's version of "The Prisoner", the prisoner will be Bond. Talk about a reinvention.

Hmmm ... so maybe he didn't really die at the end of NTTD, he was merely whisked away to The Village, where he'll never be referred to as Bond ....
    What a sly genius that Nolan is...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    They are mere rumours at this point. Nothing substantially credible about Bond or The Prisoner from any official source.