The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 37 deadline: Sat 11 May 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    At last ... after sundry disasters my first green arrow in more than a month!
    Feyador wrote: »
    At last ... after sundry disasters my first green arrow in more than a month!

A green arrow for me too, after a red arrow last gameweek. Trying my best to close the gap to the league leader in the money league I'm also in, but he's had some great gameweeks recently, and is 41 points ahead. 9 out of 15 players in our teams are the same too, which makes it difficult to gain points on him.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    "I don't think he knows this feeling" 🤐 | Erling Haaland RESPONDS to Trent Alexander Arnold 🍿

I found this amusing, despite not liking either side for obvious reasons I am looking forward to the game, I expect City to win at Anfield if Liverpool can't get key players back.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    A couple of Arsenal yellows
    Bukayo Saka Illness 75% chance of playing
    Gabriel Martinelli Silva Gashed Leg - 75% chance of playing
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited March 8 Posts: 23,407
    It appears OLD Trafford the greatest stadium on planet Earth is being rebuilt.

Man United back Sir Jim Ratcliffe's plan to BULLDOZE Old Trafford and build new state-of-the-art stadium on the site... as club sets up new taskforce headed by Lord Coe and including Gary Neville
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13174241/Sir-Jim-Ratcliffe-favour-rebuilding-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United.html

Are we really going to share with City for a while X_X
    edited March 9 Posts: 23,407
    Debating whether to subscribe to TNT sports for Man United's game today, most of United's game been on Sky sports up to now, I hate subscribing to more than one service for football.

Regarding my team not sure what to do, is it worth making a transfer? Do I start Liverpool and City defenders? Should I have a captain from the top of the table clash? So many questions.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Emerson Palmieri dos Santos Groin Injury - 75% chance of playing
    Made one sub this morning, I regret a player I brought in last week think I picked the wrong Bournemouth midfielder.
  • edited March 9 Posts: 17,302
    Here's a late gameweek 27 update! From 46 points in average in gameweek 26, we were up to 63 points this time around. Several popular players managed high scores, such as Areola, Watkins and Foden. We got some great scores in our league too, best of which was Liverpool Richmond who was just a single point off triple digits. Congratulations! :-SS

42XOiM6.jpeg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 17: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 18: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 19: Brand New Cadillacs
    GW 20: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 21: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 22: Red Warriors & Watch how Isak you
    GW 23: AC Miami
    GW 24: TeamXtreme
    GW 25: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 26: Flip & Flop
    GW 27: Liverpool Richmond
    No way I forgot to change my captain and missed the deadline, I thought it was 11:30am. I meant to put the arm band on Solanke.

Man United back Sir Jim Ratcliffe's plan to BULLDOZE Old Trafford and build new state-of-the-art stadium on the site... as club sets up new taskforce headed by Lord Coe and including Gary Neville
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13174241/Sir-Jim-Ratcliffe-favour-rebuilding-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United.html

Wow! How likely is it to actually happen?
    Debating whether to subscribe to TNT sports for Man United's game today, most of United's game been on Sky sports up to now, I hate subscribing to more than one service for football.

Regarding my team not sure what to do, is it worth making a transfer? Do I start Liverpool and City defenders? Should I have a captain from the top of the table clash? So many questions.
    Made one sub this morning, I regret a player I brought in last week think I picked the wrong Bournemouth midfielder.

We are lucky (in a way) that we have all PL football on one streaming service here in Norway. That service alone is expensive enough though, so I don't know if we pay less in total, or more than those watching football in UK.

Who did you bring in @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? Debated if I wanted to make any transfer or not myself, but decided on the upside of bringing in Neto for Dubravka for his two games this gameweek.

He's in one of my money league rival's team. He's got a good team though, so I won't be surprised if he just benched him.

We are lucky (in a way) that we have all PL football on one streaming service here in Norway. That service alone is expensive enough though, so I don't know if we pay less in total, or more than those watching football in UK.

Who did you bring in @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? Debated if I wanted to make any transfer or not myself, but decided on the upside of bringing in Neto for Dubravka for his two games this gameweek.

He's in one of my money league rival's team. He's got a good team though, so I won't be surprised if he just benched him.

Sounds like United's new proposed ground could be built close to Old Trafford so they would continue to play there until new stadium is built, that is the speculation.

I brought in another Bournemouth player so got 3 now, very doubtful any of them will do well lol

Still not sure whether to watch United game, £30 is a bit steep.
    Garnacho is my first sub, so if Saka is not fit points are there. I decided against watching the United game, listened on the radio it sounded like a stinker.
    edited March 9 Posts: 23,407
    Solanke missed a penalty :)) typical of FPL. Current points -1.
    Sheffield United take the lead, I knew I should have ignored this double GW.

Sounds like United's new proposed ground could be built close to Old Trafford so they would continue to play there until new stadium is built, that is the speculation.

I brought in another Bournemouth player so got 3 now, very doubtful any of them will do well lol

Still not sure whether to watch United game, £30 is a bit steep.

That's definitely the best solution should a new stadium build happen.

Triple Bournemouth for me too. Pretty much locks me into having to use the Free Hit next gameweek.
    Solanke missed a penalty :)) typical of FPL. Current points -1.

Damn… At least there are many manager who have captained him this gameweek!
    I sold a Palace defender to bring in a Bournemouth defender, Palace typically get a clean sheet. Me not captaining Solanke may pay off.
    Saka starts so I am unlikely to get Garnacho's 9 points from the bench.
  • edited March 9 Posts: 17,302
    I sold a Palace defender to bring in a Bournemouth defender, Palace typically get a clean sheet. Me not captaining Solanke may pay off.

Who's your captain this gameweek?
    Saka starts so I am unlikely to get Garnacho's 9 points from the bench.

We can only hope Saka does just as well! [-O<
    Luton thankfully equalized late on.

I picked Watkins for Captain though was going to change at the last minute, I think Watkins will have a field day against spurs high line.
    Worst GW ever, Arsenal dropping points not good.
    Havertz to the rescue. 2 - 1.
    Phew! Expected this game to be a tough one for Arsenal, and the way they nearly dropped points was classic Arsenal. Liverpool-City will be the game to watch tomorrow. If either team finishes the game with three points, I expect the title to be decided.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited March 9 Posts: 735
    Pretty poor GW so far ...

Amazing cross from Andros Townsend for that late equalizer but neither Bournemouth nor other Luton assets have provided anything.

Solanke slipped and missed his penalty then was later judged harshly to have handled the ball on a disallowed goal. Zero pts. for him ... and his team were unlucky not to win.
    edited March 10 Posts: 23,407
    Major captain fail as Spurs batter ten man Villa 4 - 0 away. The only positive i can take is it has allowed Man United to close the gap on Villa to 8 points who are in 4th, still don't think we will make top 4 we are not good enough to put a run together even if Villa and Spurs drop points.
    City started well cut through Liverpool twice in the first 2 minutes.
    Stones goal, KDB assist.
    Cheeky little goal well worked.
    Liverpool pen, reckless from Ederson.
    Ederson trying to shake of injury, it may effect his ability to try to save this.