The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 38 deadline: Sun 19 May 14:30 UK time!*

Comments

• FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Already made my Bournemouth bandwagon moves for the week. With a decent bench I'll probably hold on to Haaland instead of taking a minus 4 for maybe Watkins away to Brentford ....
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Still not recovered from the horrendous result at the weekend, though time to feel more pain when Bayern knock us out of the CL tonight, even if we some how win I expect one of the other teams to beat us to second, i will be shocked if we don't finish bottom of the group.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Defended well first half though lost both Maguire and Shaw to injury, our injury crisis is never ending.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,531
    I am not happy with TH tactics, though currently we are missing...

Casemiro
    Erickson
    Rashford
    Martial
    Shaw
    Maguire
    Martinez
    Lindelof
    Malacia
    Amad
    Sancho for reasons
    Mount

I have probably forgotten a bunch of players, we cannot play the kids v Liverpool, TH won't do it but i say park the bus at Anfield.
    Bayern score, its been coming for the last 5 minutes and to be honest since Copenhagen scored United have been flat. As things stand we are totally out of Europe, I am not upset just apathetic at this point.
    We are out... my opinion is stick with TH until the end of the season, our injury list is bad so any manager that comes in wont have much to work with.

The way the season is going it would not surprise me if United got 4th place at the death.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I am not happy with TH tactics, though currently we are missing...

Casemiro
    Erickson
    Rashford
    Martial
    Shaw
    Maguire
    Martinez
    Lindelof
    Malacia
    Amad
    Sancho for reasons
    Mount

I have probably forgotten a bunch of players, we cannot play the kids v Liverpool, TH won't do it but i say park the bus at Anfield.

He's stubborn to a fault: he'll play the same way, we'll get beaten handsomely and he'll stick look for positives afterwards. I admire that, but I'd admire results a lot more.
    7th in the league this year is probably more likely for ManU. Can't see them bettering any of the current top 5 and Newcastle will probably retool in January.

As an outsider everything I see and hear is unremittingly negative about ManU ...

They need to change the narrative somehow.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Already made my Bournemouth bandwagon moves for the week. With a decent bench I'll probably hold on to Haaland instead of taking a minus 4 for maybe Watkins away to Brentford ....

I might have a Bournemouth player in my own team by the deadline. Waiting on news re. Haaland before making a decision though.
    Lots of injuries, suspensions and rotation ... so it may pay to have a decent bench for GW17.

Haaland is (probably) out * ... also misses GW18 because of a ManCity blank. Then may get Dyched away to Everton in GW19; whereas Salah is probably a better captain that GW away to Burnley.

Salah/TAA, btw, not travelling tomorrow so will berested for ManU on weekend.

* Supposedly some Haaland family member has transferred him out of their FPL team.
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,341
    Let's have a look at gameweek 16 before the gameweek 17 tomorrow! Many managers success in gameweek 16 was decided by who they picked as vice captain. With Haaland being captained by a majority of managers and eventually not featuring, having Salah or Son as vice captain was a good decision. Our league was no different in that regard; our gameweek 16 winner Brand New Cadillacs finished the gameweek with 75 points and an overall gameweek rank of 63 224. Congratulations! =D>

39gyySt.jpg
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 3: FC Anfield
    GW 4: Brand New Cadillacs, LVLA Skopje 05, Cremonese-killen and Watch how Isak you
    GW 5: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 6: FC Anfield
    GW 7: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 8: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 9: CSAC
    GW 10: Cremonese-killen
    GW 11: The best
    GW 12: TeamXtreme
    GW 13: TeamXtreme
    GW 14: Goldy’s Allstars
    GW 15: Flip & Flop
    GW 16: Brand New Cadillacs

_________

Remember the gameweek 17 deadline, tomorrow at 18:30 UK time!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Erling Haaland Foot injury - 50% chance of playing
    My squad is a mess so decided to make no transfers as it won't make much difference. Haaland starts for me, if he is fit. I will have 2 free transfers for next week when he blanks.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 735
    Got lucky with my Son vice captain last week.

I'll captain Salah this week, especially given the horror stats for ManU when they play away to Liverpool. But then again I have a feeling United will play super defensive just to avoid another humiliation .... so who knows.
    Too many doubts and injuries so sold Haaland.
    I might have Watkins second on my bench…
    Here are the gameweek 17 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 8
    Son: 5
    Haaland: 2
    J. Alvarez: 2

With Haaland likely to miss out this gameweek, most managers have looked to Salah and Son for the captaincy, with Salah being the preferred pick of the two in our league. Good luck everyone!
    edited December 2023 Posts: 2,357

With Haaland likely to miss out this gameweek, most managers have looked to Salah and Son for the captaincy, with Salah being the preferred pick of the two in our league. Good luck everyone!

Haaland out Solanke in this gw like you.
    Son played ok but no captain points for me.

Chelsea could spend big again in January and are after Toney and Osimhen, according to some ?
    Early start to the epl today...... 2am :)>-

Chelsea could spend big again in January and are after Toney and Osimhen, according to some ?

Two of the same players linked with Arsenal :)) Expect either would be too expensive for Arsenal, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea found a way to sign on of them…

Two of the same players linked with Arsenal :)) Expect either would be too expensive for Arsenal, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea found a way to sign on of them…

Chelsea have broken their FFP bank surely ?

Arsenal set to activate £51m release clause of Sporting Lisbon's Goncalo Inacio in January;

Saudi Pro League will make renewed attempts to sign Liverpool's Mohamed Salah next summer - Paper Talk
    Man City plan £50m swoop for Fulham ace Joao Palhinha;
    Fabio Carvalho open to a shock Fulham return;
    Borussia Dortmund make enquiry for Man Utd loanee Sergio Reguilon
  • edited December 2023 Posts: 17,341
    We see time and time again that clubs like Chelsea always find a way around FFP, be it long contracts or something else. Won't surprise me if they find a way this time around too!

There are so many names linked with Arsenal right now. Goncalo Inacio is one, João Palhinha another. The midfield certainly needs strengthening, and I wouldn't be surprised if they look at other positions too. But I expect funds will be a factor, and that players need to be sold in order for any transfers to happen.
    I am a nervous wreck i will take the 0 - 0 after recent performances, we defended well.

Dalot Red Card is a disgrace.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 23,531
    Both my keepers did not feature again :))

I don't think I have had keeper points all season.

I get Flekken's two points off the bench for Areola, which is better than nothing. Need to sort out the goalkeeper spot, but I don't know who I want to bring in…
    I am a nervous wreck i will take the 0 - 0 after recent performances, we defended well.

Great game, very tense throughout!

A moral victory for United ....
    We see time and time again that clubs like Chelsea always find a way around FFP, be it long contracts or something else. Won't surprise me if they find a way this time around too!

There are so many names linked with Arsenal right now. Goncalo Inacio is one, João Palhinha another. The midfield certainly needs strengthening, and I wouldn't be surprised if they look at other positions too. But I expect funds will be a factor, and that players need to be sold in order for any transfers to happen.

I heard they changed the time to 5 years now: that a club can "claim" the transfer fees for better FFP? so using long term contracts "tactics" are useless now.
    Feyador wrote: »

Great game, very tense throughout!

A moral victory for United ....

The result keeps TH in a job longer, I did fear the worse before the game. I really did feel we did not lose because TH was forced into playing two sitting midfielders... going forward it is clear that TH has to play either Casemiro/Mainoo, Amrabat/Mainoo, Casemiro/Amrabat when fit. If TH reverts back to one sitting midfielder we will just continue to struggle and TH will lose his job..

I get Flekken's two points off the bench for Areola, which is better than nothing. Need to sort out the goalkeeper spot, but I don't know who I want to bring in…

I almost brought in a new keeper last night though canceled the transfer at the last minute, i will sit and wait to see if any of my keepers return.
    Tom Lockyer still under going tests though appears OK after Cardiac Arrest, I did not know this was the second time this had happened to the same player.

I heard they changed the time to 5 years now: that a club can "claim" the transfer fees for better FFP? so using long term contracts "tactics" are useless now.

Yes, I read about a tweet mentioning this. In any case, I expect big teams like Chelsea, with their finances, will look at any possible loophole to exploit (and understandably so). It will be an interesting January transfer window. Several teams will have to strengthen their squads.

I almost brought in a new keeper last night though canceled the transfer at the last minute, i will sit and wait to see if any of my keepers return.

Totally forgot that Flekken has a blank gameweek now. I will likely have to transfer out Areola before the Thursday night deadline, unless there are clear indications that he will start.
    Tom Lockyer still under going tests though appears OK after Cardiac Arrest, I did not know this was the second time this had happened to the same player.

That's very good news. Having gone through this for a second time now, you wonder if he will be able to get back playing again.