Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't know if it's because of the pandemic or that Miller wanted to avoid the hard and grueling shoot he had on Fury Road but it definitely doesn't have the same wow factor or consistent practical visuals like its predecessor, that's for sure. I'll absolutely see it in cinemas but I hope the next trailer's more effective.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's because of the pandemic or that Miller wanted to avoid the hard and grueling shoot he had on Fury Road but it definitely doesn't have the same wow factor or consistent practical visuals like its predecessor, that's for sure. I'll absolutely see it in cinemas but I hope the next trailer's more effective.

It does look like a green screen/cgi fest. I love Fury Road though that was more a Furiosa film than Mad Max film.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Haven't seen trailer yet and at this point may try not to. I want to trust Miller but I can tell just from the images I've seen this will be something a little different to what I want/expect.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The trailer is in your face slick titles and promotional visual manipulation and imagery. By design it relates to Fury Road. And noted elsewhere the post-production is ongoing.

Rightly labeled mastermind Director George Miller has no issues presenting a story in cinema. Bring it on.

I don't know if it's because of the pandemic or that Miller wanted to avoid the hard and grueling shoot he had on Fury Road but it definitely doesn't have the same wow factor or consistent practical visuals like its predecessor, that's for sure. I'll absolutely see it in why I hope the next trailer's more effective.

It does look like a green screen/cgi fest. I love Fury Road though that was more a Furiosa film than Mad Max film.

I agree. I think that's why I'm a little cold towards it! I think Tom Hardy is great, but there's only one Max and thats Gibson! 'Fury Road' was exceptionally well made, but I still think 'Mad Max 2' is the best of them!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    With the promotion as a Mad Max saga and a prequel, it lends itself to possibilities of an older Max and his story. Noting Mel Gibson is 67.

c17y3xqh6pea1.jpg

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    GODZILLA x KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE Trailer (2024)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

I'm always interested in Jonathan Glazers work. Loved 'Sexy Beast' and ' Under the Skin'!
    'The Zone of Interest' looks a little interesting, good trailer!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I'm always interested in Jonathan Glazers work. Loved 'Sexy Beast' and ' Under the Skin'!

Both of those are brilliant. Sign me up for this one, especially since it's his first film in about a decade.

Both of those are brilliant. Sign me up for this one, especially since it's his first film in about a decade.

Yes, he's not too prolific, but his films are always worth a look, uncomfortable as they can be sometimes!

Yes, he's not too prolific, but his films are always worth a look, uncomfortable as they can be sometimes!

For sure! Under the Skin is one of the more divisive films I've seen in the last decade or so but, much like Aronofsky's mother!, I'm happy to fall within the camp that absolutely loved it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2023 Posts: 15,690

edited December 2023 Posts: 40,480

beverly-hill-cops-axel-foley.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands

beverly-hill-cops-axel-foley.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

I smiled quite a few times watching that, i am sold.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, you and I both. A bit of fan service I'm ready to enjoy and some rather solid practical effects and shots there. I'm definitely sold.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Man Eddie Murphy doesn't age at all
    Man Eddie Murphy doesn't age at all

It makes Rosewood and Taggart look like they aged 50 years while Axel was left in a cryogenic freezer for the last three decades.
    I really want to see a good comedy in a cinema with an auditorium full of people all laughing at the same gags. Such a shame that after so long this movie is just going to dumped on Netflix
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’m not a huge fan of the character but enjoyed the first film; if they can recapture the tone of that movie, and not overly homogenize and modernize it, I’ll give it a go
    Zack Snyder is working on a new director's cut of Sucker Punch and is also speaking with Warner Bros. about doing reshoots with the main cast to tweak or add scenes"

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/12/14/pqw9idkgcrm2g3s85pjqc3msobjvr7
    Zack Snyder is working on a new director's cut of Sucker Punch and is also speaking with Warner Bros. about doing reshoots with the main cast to tweak or add scenes"

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/12/14/pqw9idkgcrm2g3s85pjqc3msobjvr7

I have both versions currently available of Sucker Punch, the extended cut has some great additional action scenes... notably the dragon. I am a fan of the film, it also has a great soundtrack which i often listen to. It is a given i ill buy any new version with extra scenes lol
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2023 Posts: 13,894
    I don't know what the chances are, but more Rocket would be enough to lure me back to an extended cut of Sucker Punch.

tumblr_npk2mcSJMo1up42jgo3_500.gif

A Rocket spinoff would be even better. 8->

On a different not, damn, Eddie Murphy has barely aged in the 30 years since we last saw Axel Foley.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 4,444
    Intrest in 2024:

Ferrari (Released in 2024 in The Netherlands)
    Argylle
    Drive-Away Dolls (Coen Brothers)
    Inside Out 2
    Twisters aka Twister 2
    Paddington in Peru aka Paddington 3
    Sonic 3
    IF

Mabey:

Kung Fu Panda 4
    Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
    Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
    Despicable Me 4 aka Despicable Me 6
    Joker: Folie à Deux aka Joker 2
    Gladiator 2
    Dune 2

Other:

In the Land of Saints and Sinners (Released in 2024 in The Netherlands)
    Anyone But You
    The Beekeeper
    Dream Scenario (Released in 2024 in The Netherlands)
    The Fall Guy
    I could be tempted to see this one :

edited January 11 Posts: 4,444
    Dutch Boxoffice 2023

1. Oppenheimer $22,178,469 (Universal)
    2. Barbie $21,733,606 (Warner)
    3. Mario $20,012,111 (Universal)

Top 3 movies are numbers close to last three Bond movies. Avatar 2 official 2022 movie did 16 million in 2023 from almoost 31 million in total. Big let down was that movie not get Dutch 3D release or give permission to release Germany steelbook.

Mi7 $7,850,521 (Paramount) Best scoring movie of the franchise, but No bonus disc again after Babylon and if this was not enough there deside to make own disc with ripping of isolated score [-X . If there was mabey hope on new edition around release of Mi8 in 2024 there delay movie till 2025 and mabey going change title.

Indiana Jones 5 $6,305,667 (Disney)
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3 $6,279,765 (Disney)
    Hunger Games 5 $6,139,458 (Lionsgate/Belga)
    Little Mermaid 2023 $6,004,439 (Disney)

Elemental $5,930,150 (Disney)
    Fast X $5,579,402 (Universal)
    John Wick 4 $5,350,216 (Lionsgate/Belga)

Napoleon $4,869,845 (Sony) stil in cinema. After Sony saying goodbye to releasing movies on disc half way 2021 there sort of return in 2023, stil not everything going well. Stil hope on delayed Dutch release of Ghostbusters 3 like there did with 65.

Meg 2 $4,014,812 (Warner)

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse $3,922,611 (Sony)
    The Equalizer 3 $3,850,336 (Sony)
    Ant-Man 3 $3,668,748 (Disney)
    Killers of the Flower Moon $3,650,706 (Universal)
    Creed 3 $3,650,435 (Warner)
    Wish $3,017,076 (Disney) stil in cinema

Wonka $2,224,953 (Warner) stil in cinema

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves $2,894,225 (Paramount)
    Magic Mike's Last Dance $2,657,846 (Warner)
    Klem De Film ''Dutch Movie'' $2,470,684 (September Film)
    Trolls 3 $2,391,445 (Universal)
    Transformers 7 $2,313,449 (Paramount)
    The Creater $2,209,676 (Disney)

Plane $1,714,947 (The Searchers)
    Scream 6 $1,570,927
    A Man Called Otto $1,539,646 (Sony)
    Babylon $1,527,719 (Paramount) No Bonus disc :-L
    The Exorcist: Believer $1,386,336 (Universal)
    Megan $1,383,748 (Universal)
    The Flash $1,322,485 (Warner)
    Blue Beetle $930,988 (Warner)
    The Fabelmans $534,384 (Universal/WW Entertainment) What disappointed that Universal the studio behind Spielberg movies like Jurassic 1&2 not release this Spielberg directed and about him movie not by there own but by a Dutch studio is big let down. As another result the also Steven Spielberg releated extra's for the Bluray are missing. :-L
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Interesting notes @M_Balje I'm curious if there's some legal hangups about releasing bonus features internationally?
    ARGYLLE "Argylle Train Fight Scene" Trailer (NEW 2024)