Would you rather EON adapt the continuation novels OR continue to develop their own adventures?

Comments

This is a hard one. I think TLD is the better movie, but Sanchez is one of the best villains in the series.
    Living Daylights I think.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    TLD every time. There's a lot to love, but mostly the chemistry between Dalton and D'Abo. It's a degree of emotion we haven't seen in Bond since OHMSS, and even has an OHMSS-style falling in love montage.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    TLD every time. There's a lot to love, but mostly the chemistry between Dalton and D'Abo. It's a degree of emotion we haven't seen in Bond since OHMSS, and even has an OHMSS-style falling in love montage.

Yes, I liked the chemistry, if not for Kara being such a weak character, I liked the concept regarding her relationship with Bond, it's interesting, but Kara as a character is a bit shallow? To say the least, she's immature, kinda liked Bibi Dahl, gullible, easily manipulated, passive (I disliked passive characters, and Kara is very much like this).

Her importance in the story only worked in the first act, but she became a nuisance character once it's revealed that Koskov doesn't cared for or about her, her role became utterly pointless other than to act as an obligatory Bond Girl (because the film needed to), just like Christmas Jones.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Either one. It's my top 2 and haven't been able to choose properly for decades now :))
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Either one. It's my top 2 and haven't been able to choose properly for decades now :))

Me too! I only have them at 2 and 3 in my list only because thats the order they came in! 😄
  • TLD for me personally, though I think LTK has the better set of characters.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    I would show someone TLD first. I would personally watch LTK first.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Good stuff! Nice to hear from both sides and to hear such passion for both films.

Lets move on to another scenario. This one involves a couple of the loves of James Bond. In one life James married to Tracey. Although the marriage was short it was the first time he was seen giving himself to another woman.

On his first assignment as a double-o he fell head of heels with a treasury agent who was "the money". Vesper Lynd tore away the armor of our man and captured his heart and then broke it.

So I have to ask...

Would you rather have a relationship with Tracey OR with Vesper?

Share with us your reason for choosing the lucky lady? Is it how they drive a Mercury? Or maybe how they look in an evening gown?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A wronged woman who I could rescue with my love versus a woman who's got a boyfriend and is seeking to betray me the first chance she gets? Yeah, I'd go with Tracy any second of any day over Vesper.
    Yeah, Tracy easily.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited November 2023 Posts: 2,930
    Vesper looks like Eva Green did when she was 25. That's that one sorted.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A wronged woman who I could rescue with my love versus a woman who's got a boyfriend and is seeking to betray me the first chance she gets? Yeah, I'd go with Tracy any second of any day over Vesper.

Well, when you put it like that. Tracy for me.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'm taking the liberty of taking the question in the sense that it'd be with the character portrayed in the films without the ending.

And I'd be stuck. Physically I'd be more attracted to Vesper. Allthough still not qute my type (can we mix Fiona in here as well? Or Domino?), but as a character, I'd go for the full-of-life, all-or-nothing adventurous, stubborn and dedicated Tracy. She's one of the most fleshed-out characters in the series, and quite the lady to behold.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Tracy.

I promise her no machine gun woman would follow us.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Vesper, she'd forget about her boyfriend and betraying me.
    At least in my head.
    I'm taking the liberty of taking the question in the sense that it'd be with the character portrayed in the films without the ending.

And I'd be stuck. Physically I'd be more attracted to Vesper. Although still not quite my type (can we mix Fiona in here as well? Or Domino?), but as a character, I'd go for the full-of-life, all-or-nothing adventurous, stubborn and dedicated Tracy. She's one of the most fleshed-out characters in the series, and quite the lady to behold.

When I posed the question I was thinking most would do what you thought. Always interesting to see what others think and their logic.

I would choose Tracey over Vesper as well. I have grown to appreciate the beauty of the character and feel that her vulnerability is a bit of turn on. Vesper has an air to her and I never really jived with.
    I'm female, so not a relationship per se, but I prefer Tracy over Vesper, Tracy is tough, competent, alluring, classy, she's easy to be with, nice, she's a great woman, almost a perfect example of woman.
    Vesper is rather unpleasant, I don't think she's that nice, it's like she's hiding something, she's not to be trusted with, even from the start.

In terms of looks, also Tracy, Diana Rigg was very beautiful and sexy, Eva Green is too much skinny for me, and Eva Green for me only looks beautiful when there's a makeup on because she have that sort of gothic, mysterious look to her, but if she's not wearing makeup, she just looks plain ordinary, Diana Rigg, even without a makeup, was still beautiful.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited November 2023 Posts: 6,788
    Both are tremendously charismatic, elegant, smart and beautiful.

Yet, I'll go for Vesper, who seems to have a superb sense of humour too, and doesn't have the daddy issues.
    edited November 2023 Posts: 3,391
    I though say, if we're talking about the Fleming books, I might've go with Vesper.

The literary Tracy is annoying, she's unlikeable: she's opportunistic, hysterical, self pitying, selfish, self indulgent, arrogant, childish, moody and just messed up.

Meanwhile, the literary Vesper is more interesting as a character: she's cold, aloof, sophisticated, mysterious, matured, cynical, independent, and professional. She also hides her emotions under her sleeve (just like Bond himself).

If I'm a man, I'd rather date someone like Vesper than with Tracy in the books, at least Vesper would never give me problems like Tracy.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Now this is the hardest question of the lot.
    Vesper today, but ask me again tomorrow and I'd say Tracy. Both wonderful Bond girls there's no wrong answer
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    thedove wrote: »
    Would you rather have a relationship with Tracey OR with Vesper?

The Mafia princess or the double agent? Hmm.

I'll pick Mrs. Bond as I think she would less likely to betray me although dealing with her mafioso father would have its own set of issues.

Agent_99 wrote: »

+1. I would say Dalton Bond/Kara works even stronger for me than Lazenby Bond/Mrs. Bond probably in part because of Tracy's disappearance from OHMSS for a solid hour while "Sir Hilary Bray" keeps himself busy with "Count de Bleauchamp's" "angels of death" with nary a thought about the future Mrs. Bond. Meanwhile, Kara is the sole romantic interest for Bond in TLD and is pretty much with him throughout most of the film. Also, Dalton had already had much more acting experience as a leading man prior to playing Bond than Lazenby had at that point.
  • Tracy looks like your wife. I choose Vesper
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited November 2023 Posts: 7,973
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    I though say, if we're talking about the Fleming books, I might've go with Vesper.

The literary Tracy is annoying, she's unlikeable: she's opportunistic, hysterical, self pitying, selfish, self indulgent, arrogant, childish, moody and just messed up.

Meanwhile, the literary Vesper is more interesting as a character: she's cold, aloof, sophisticated, mysterious, matured, cynical, independent, and professional. She also hides her emotions under her sleeve (just like Bond himself).

If I'm a man, I'd rather date someone like Vesper than with Tracy in the books, at least Vesper would never give me problems like Tracy.

I'm not so sure. Vesper, when they're off together on their 'holiday', also sometimes seems hysterical, suddenly closed, then indulgent. Bond is getting utterly confused. At the same time Tracy is, indeed, at the start utterly broken, but when she's got a new goal in life (Bond), she goes all-in.

I think I like Tracy better because she sticks to her plans. First she indulges in self-destruction, but when Bond arrives, she decides to change course, and when she does she does it wholeheartedly.
    Vesper, on the other hand, keeps on dissapearing from Bond. Emotionally wrecking him.

I'll stick to Tracy, both cinematically and literally (funny, that. Don't let my wife read this!. )
    edited December 2023 Posts: 3,391
    SIS_HQ wrote: »

I'm not so sure. Vesper, when they're off together on their 'holiday', also sometimes seems hysterical, suddenly closed, then indulgent. Bond is getting utterly confused. At the same time Tracy is, indeed, at the start utterly broken, but when she's got a new goal in life (Bond), she goes all-in.

I think I like Tracy better because she sticks to her plans. First she indulges in self-destruction, but when Bond arrives, she decides to change course, and when she does she does it wholeheartedly.
    Vesper, on the other hand, keeps on dissapearing from Bond. Emotionally wrecking him.

I'll stick to Tracy, both cinematically and literally (funny, that. Don't let my wife read this!. )

But I see Vesper and Bond lasting together than he would with Tracy, I mean Vesper is more emotionally matured than Tracy, they understand each other.

For me Tracy is marked for me by the way her previous relationship with that Italian Count played, and also her backstory.
    Tracy wouldn't understand Bond (she fell for him, because like what I've said, she's opportunistic, she saw Bond as a way to cover a hole, Bond is always giving to her wishes, she's a spoiled brat girl unlike her film version, I could even see a situation that if Bond deny her wishes, she would be hysterical and throwing tantrums like a child, and when she's not satisfied with Bond, she would possibly left him).

The Literary/Fleming's Tracy for me is the same as Lupe Lamora in Licence To Kill, she saw Bond as a way of escaping from her problems, but once it gets back to normal where Bond couldn't provide what she wanted, she would've left him.

Vesper may have been like that in the end, but had they resolved the problem together, I think it would've been better in the long run, I think their relationship would've last, because Vesper is more understanding and matured, I mean look at how she sacrificed herself for her boyfriend whose held hostage by SMERSH, I know Vesper still loved that guy, only for it to be complicated once Bond got in the way, I think Vesper can love a man very genuinely, I think she really loved Bond.

Tracy for me didn't deeply loved Bond as much as Vesper, she saw Bond as a man who could give her anything she wants, she saw Bond as her paradise (well, she met him at the midst of her destruction, she's broken when she met Bond, so she fell in love with him very easily), but once it gets back to normal again, I doubt Tracy would've really love Bond, (she's a bit immature, she could be a lot worse as her relationship with Bond goes for long).

And it didn't helped that Bond's relationship with Tracy was brief, and happened far and between, they barely saw each other because Bond was busy with Blofeld, so as a result, they didn't got to know each other, Tracy have yet to know Bond fully, she didn't know Bond yet (his personality and all), she saw Bond as her savior, but aside from that, there's nothing she knew about Bond.

Unlike Vesper who knew Bond inside and out, she knew Bond's personality, his attitude, and all, she had got a chance to know Bond fully because she's been with him for a very long time.

Unlike in the film where Tracy was played for the better, she and Bond spent a long time together, they had a lot of moments together, so I think Tracy got to know Bond fully in the film, and it helped that Tracy was way more matured in the film, she's not acting childish and pitiful as she was in the book, so I think her relationship with Bond would've last for long had she survived in the end, she's way more understanding in the film, so their relationship could've worked.

That's not the same with Vesper in the film, because the romance, as how it's played out in the film, was rushed, so it's hard to see their relationship last long, they didn't have much time together where they could got a chance to know each other.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I love Eva Green but...

Diana Rigg is the closest we will get to a female James Bond. It's practically her film as much as Bond's (despite her limited screen time). She's tough and resourceful, tender and vulnerable. She can drive. She even holds her own in a fight. I vote for Tracy.
    echo wrote: »
    I love Eva Green but...

Diana Rigg is the closest we will get to a female James Bond. It's practically her film as much as Bond's (despite her limited screen time). She's tough and resourceful, tender and vulnerable. She can drive. She even holds her own in a fight. I vote for Tracy.

I agree, she's the best Bond Girl for me!
    She got the right balance.
    Interesting answers and a closer battle than I had thought.

Lets move on to another scenario and see what we all think of this:

Would you rather own a film used prop from the films OR an original manuscript from a Fleming novel?

Some people on here have some incredible collections on here. David Zaritsky from The Bond Experience has a basement full of props and goodies from the films. How cool would it be to own the jet pack, or maybe a small gadget to show off to friends and family. I am talking a film used prop. What prop would you like to own?

Or some of us might want to own a manuscript that was touched by Mr. Fleming. You have a copy of the original manuscript of a Bond novel would be a joy for many. Who knows perhaps you would have Fleming's handwriting on the papers. Tell us which novel you would most like to own.

What would you rather own in your Bond collection?

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Both, please! I really don't think I could pick. They're both absolutely incredible pieces to own. Too tough for me to choose.
    Pass for me, either both of them are great, although maybe either both of them are not that good and reasonable thing to be not to put on screen.
    I’ll go with an original Fleming manuscript, but both would be cool.