Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cage is crushing it lately and this has easily been one of my most anticipated titles from him yet.
    Finally! Some originality happening in the film industry again. Good for Cage! Good for us.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Boudica: Queen Of War - Official Trailer (2023) Olga Kurylenko, Clive Standen
    A trailer for William Friedkin's final film:

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Peter and the Wolf.

Very interesting…

To bring you up to speed : Jeff Panacloc is a famous (in France) ventriloquist, and Jean-Marc is his puppet :

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Looking forward to this.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Silent Night looks phenomenal.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looks incredible…. but where are the doves?
    edited October 2023 Posts: 40,549
    HORIZON-AN-AMERICAN-SAGA-1.jpg?resize=1024,1280
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,530
    I am a huge fan of Dances with Wolves, if Costner recaptures that form with Horizon...

---

IT'S A WONDERFUL KNIFE Trailer (2023) Justin Long, Horror

It's horror season and the movies look average at best.
    Heat 2 is a go! Michael Mann confirms it to be his next film as he eyes potentially re-teaming with Adam Driver on it.

https://deadline.com/2023/10/michael-mann-heat-2-next-movie-adam-driver-neil-mccauley-ferrari-1235568226/
    THE IRON CLAW Trailer (2023) Zac Efron

As a wrestling fan and I grew up during the Von Erichs era I am looking forward to watching this.
    edited October 2023 Posts: 40,549
    Great cast and soundtrack there, looking forward to it. Zac Efron is looking ridiculously jacked, steroids and all.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Great cast and soundtrack there, looking forward to it. Zac Efron is looking ridiculously jacked, steroids and all.

Yes he has definitely had some assistance there, I hardly recognized him at first.

Yes he has definitely had some assistance there, I hardly recognized him at first.

Yeah you can really see it in that bloated six-pack. He's committed to the role at least, hopefully that translates well on screen past his physicality and stature.

Yeah you can really see it in that bloated six-pack. He's committed to the role at least, hopefully that translates well on screen past his physicality and stature.

The Von Erichs is about as tragic as it gets for a family so should be a compelling story on film, I have only seen Zach in the Baywatch movie though he seems to have moved on considerably since then, as Zach is playing Kevin Von Erich it will be a very challenging role.

The Von Erichs is about as tragic as it gets for a family so should be a compelling story on film, I have only seen Zach in the Baywatch movie though he seems to have moved on considerably since then, as Zach is playing Kevin Von Erich it will be a very challenging role.

I only have small knowledge of their history but it does sound incredibly tragic throughout. Should make for quite a gripping story if it's handled competently and emotionally enough.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    FYI,

For those of you in the New York City area, The Film Forum is screening a series of films that they call "50 from the '50s."

Among the titles: TOUCH OF EVIL, THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, SUNSET BLVD. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, ALL ABOUT EVE, ON THE WATERFRONT, BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK, THE ASPHALT JUNGLE, PATHS OF GLORY and KISS ME DEADLY.

From their website:

The 1950s were a time when Congress held hearings on Communists in the movie industry; when left-leaning writers, directors, and actors were blacklisted; when the major studios were divested of their lucrative theater chains; when the studio system began to crumble; and when the movie industry faced its biggest threat of all: TV. In high-defense mode, the majors ballyhoo-ed new technologies (3-D and CinemaScope chief among them), a whole new generation of actors and icons, and even a new acting style, the Method, along with new, more adult subject matter, sometimes re-inventing the melodrama, comedy, Film Noir, the movie musical, and the historical epic, and filtering political allegories through Westerns and science fiction.

https://filmforum.org/series/50-from-the-50s#now-playing
    What I wouldn't give to be able to attend that. It'd be worth it just to see Kiss Me Deadly in theaters but all the others are gems too. The Night of the Hunter would be even more chilling and atmospheric on a big screen.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Dwayne wrote: »
    FYI,

For those of you in the New York City area, The Film Forum is screening a series of films that they call "50 from the '50s."

Among the titles: TOUCH OF EVIL, THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, SUNSET BLVD. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, ALL ABOUT EVE, ON THE WATERFRONT, BAD DAY AT BLACK ROCK, THE ASPHALT JUNGLE, PATHS OF GLORY and KISS ME DEADLY.

From their website:

The 1950s were a time when Congress held hearings on Communists in the movie industry; when left-leaning writers, directors, and actors were blacklisted; when the major studios were divested of their lucrative theater chains; when the studio system began to crumble; and when the movie industry faced its biggest threat of all: TV. In high-defense mode, the majors ballyhoo-ed new technologies (3-D and CinemaScope chief among them), a whole new generation of actors and icons, and even a new acting style, the Method, along with new, more adult subject matter, sometimes re-inventing the melodrama, comedy, Film Noir, the movie musical, and the historical epic, and filtering political allegories through Westerns and science fiction.

https://filmforum.org/series/50-from-the-50s#now-playing

I caught the 8 PM showing of SUDDEN FEAR last night. Excellent movie, very fun to watch with an audience. A lot of good face acting and some very drawn out tense moments.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited October 2023 Posts: 2,641
    I'm glad you enjoyed SUDDEN FEAR (1952) @LucknFate. Joan Crawford, Jack Palance and .... Gloria Grahame are top-notch. As noted in our Film Noir thread, in addition to Peggy Cummins, I have a bit of a thing for Ms. Grahame. :x

That said, Crawford is amazing, and her gowns and hats even got their own title card IIRC. =))
    SuddenFear.jpg

The list of films that the Film Forum is screening is beyond impressive - and although I have many of them on DVD seeing them "large" is a great experience. I wish the final October 25th screening of HIGH NOON (I film that I absolutely love BTW) wasn't so late, as there will be a post film discussion with Maria Cooper, daughter of Gary Cooper, and Amanda Foreman, daughter of screenwriter Carl Foreman, moderated by Foster Hirsch.

Several years ago I borrowed Glenn Frankel's book: High Noon: The Hollywood Blacklist and the Making of an American Classic from the library. And while I didn't a chance to really read it closely, it was fascinating.
    41QmttaSNjL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFOURANDHALF%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA543%2C445%2C290%2C400%2C400%2CAmazonEmberBold%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg

* And don't forget that our guy Connery starred in a SCI-FI version of the story back in 1981!
    p2980_p_v10_aa.jpg
    edited October 2023 Posts: 15,694