Bond 26 Title

18687899192135

Comments

  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 1,033
    • The Silver Phantom
    • The Gambit of Shame
    • With One Eye Open
    • Risico
    • The Death Collector
    • Blood and Thunder
    • The Bleeding Heart
    • Death Leaves an Echo
    • The Deadly Gamble
    • A Whisper of Love/Hate
    • Slay it with Flowers
    • Hell's Delight
    • The Job Comes Second
    • Death is so Permanent
    • Horizons of Agony

  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 15,580
    With One Eye Open is still my pick, that works for me :-bd
  • Posts: 14,918
    • The Silver Phantom
    • The Gambit of Shame
    • With One Eye Open
    • Risico
    • The Death Collector
    • Blood and Thunder
    • The Bleeding Heart
    • Death Leaves an Echo
    • The Deadly Gamble
    • A Whisper of Love/Hate
    • Slay it with Flowers
    • Hell's Delight
    • The Job Comes Second
    • Death is so Permanent
    • Horizons of Agony

    Most of them are great. I'd add The Shadower and The Red-Eyed Catacomb.
  • Posts: 3,365

    • Slay it with Flowers

    I'm just imagining all the Gen Z jokes/memes that would come about if that were the title.
  • Accept no substitutes.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Posts: 2,610
    The Bleeding Heart has always stuck with me ever since reading Casino. It's just a Bondian phrase
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited August 2023 Posts: 257
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    The Bleeding Heart has always stuck with me ever since reading Casino. It's just a Bondian phrase

    And also the title of a great novel by Marilyn French.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    edited August 2023 Posts: 257
    Sorry, double post. I don't know how to delete it.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited August 2023 Posts: 1,614
    CrabKey wrote: »
    I think the words Die & Live are the two most basic Bond words in a Bond title. So Bond fans don't get tired of them. Instead, it creates an almost palpable feeling of excitement, when Bond fans around the world hear those words in a Bond title.

    I would add Gold to the list.

    Nothing Gold Can Stay

    Exactly! "Gold....Golden/Forever/Kill" too.
  • Posts: 14,918
    CrabKey wrote: »
    I think the words Die & Live are the two most basic Bond words in a Bond title. So Bond fans don't get tired of them. Instead, it creates an almost palpable feeling of excitement, when Bond fans around the world hear those words in a Bond title.

    I would add Gold to the list.

    Nothing Gold Can Stay

    Exactly! "Gold....Golden/Forever/Kill" too.

    GoldenKill? GoldenKiller?
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited August 2023 Posts: 1,614
    Yeah, @Ludovico I prefer "GoldenKill".
  • Posts: 14,918
    Yeah, @Ludovico I prefer "GoldenKill".

    Now we need to find a meaning to it.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Posts: 1,614
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Yeah, @Ludovico I prefer "GoldenKill".

    Now we need to find a meaning to it.

    Undoubtedly.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 18,006
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Just learned some government/NASA documentation labels itself: THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS HAZARDOUS OPERATIONS and that rang Bondian to me.

    Hazard Pay
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Cheatwell.

    Good surname for a villain.

    Yes, I saw it recently in a supermarket as the name of a range of card names and I thought it sounded perfect for a classic cheating Bond villain of the Fleming school. Perhaps it's a little too on the nose but then so were Goldfinger and Pussy Galore!
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts: 1,033
    I asked the Ai software ChatGPT to create James Bond titles. These were the results:
    - Diamond Mirage
    - Midnight Vendetta
    - Silver Nemesis
    - Dangerous Charade
    - Shadow Protocol
    - Crimson Deception
    - Black Widow's Web
    - Rogue Enigma
    - Deadly Masquerade
    - Codebreaker's Gambit
    - Sapphire Vengeance
    - Twilight Intrigue
    - Emerald Fury
    - Deadly Whispers
    - Platinum Paradox
    - Inferno Protocol
    - Fatal Illusion
    - Whispering Steel
    - Scarlet Betrayal
    - Eternal Retribution
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Posts: 6,110
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Just learned some government/NASA documentation labels itself: THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS HAZARDOUS OPERATIONS and that rang Bondian to me.

    Hazard Pay
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Cheatwell.

    Good surname for a villain.

    Yes, I saw it recently in a supermarket as the name of a range of card names and I thought it sounded perfect for a classic cheating Bond villain of the Fleming school. Perhaps it's a little too on the nose but then so were Goldfinger and Pussy Galore!

    I'd go Hazard Pays.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 18,006
    echo wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    LucknFate wrote: »
    Just learned some government/NASA documentation labels itself: THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS HAZARDOUS OPERATIONS and that rang Bondian to me.

    Hazard Pay
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Cheatwell.

    Good surname for a villain.

    Yes, I saw it recently in a supermarket as the name of a range of card names and I thought it sounded perfect for a classic cheating Bond villain of the Fleming school. Perhaps it's a little too on the nose but then so were Goldfinger and Pussy Galore!

    I'd go Hazard Pays.

    It could be a play on the old Mark Hazard literary and comic strip Bond alias.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Posts: 1,555
    I asked the Ai software ChatGPT to create James Bond titles. These were the results:
    - Diamond Mirage
    - Midnight Vendetta
    - Silver Nemesis
    - Dangerous Charade
    - Shadow Protocol
    - Crimson Deception
    - Black Widow's Web
    - Rogue Enigma
    - Deadly Masquerade
    - Codebreaker's Gambit
    - Sapphire Vengeance
    - Twilight Intrigue
    - Emerald Fury
    - Deadly Whispers
    - Platinum Paradox
    - Inferno Protocol
    - Fatal Illusion
    - Whispering Steel
    - Scarlet Betrayal
    - Eternal Retribution

    The bold are quite good imo. The rest sound like Mission: Impossible films or Vegas casinos.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Posts: 13,970
    - Silver Nemesis

    The Doctor Who fan in me will be confused with this one.
  • Posts: 1,707
    The title will be Property of a Lady. A new Bond is introduced for younger audiences while retaining a classic title for longtime Bond fans. All previous Bond's will be laid to rest. This will be a passing of the torch film.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts: 1,033
    • Requiem of Honour
    • Live To Die
    • Golden Blood
    • Pro Anglia Et Me
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 315
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    as a future title as it's so Bondian and sounds cool. However my final choice for Bond 26 is

    THE CHIMES OF RESURRECTION

    Technically Bond 26 is 007 back from the dead be it full reboot or whatever plot gimmick the producers use so 'RESURRECTION 'seems appropriate. Bond said resurrection was his hobby in Skyfall so the word has franchise context.

    'CHIMES' refer to the sound of Bond returning to life.





  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 15,580
    bondywondy wrote: »
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    I must admit I don't love it, but we do live in a world where Cubby went for 'Licence To Kill' as a title, so I wouldn't rule it out.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 18,006
    mtm wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    I must admit I don't love it, but we do live in a world where Cubby went for 'Licence To Kill' as a title, so I wouldn't rule it out.

    I'm not a fan of that one either and I believe it's already been used as the title for a David Arnold Bond song covers album, among other things. It's too generic and too associated with Bond but then so were Licence to Kill and Spectre I suppose. A move away from generic Bond titles would be good, particularly in the wake of a by-the-numbers title like No Time to Die.
  • Posts: 7,006
    mtm wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    I must admit I don't love it, but we do live in a world where Cubby went for 'Licence To Kill' as a title, so I wouldn't rule it out.

    Well that was originally called 'Licence Revoked' ( there's even a photo with Cubby with a clapperboard with that title on it!)
    They felt some people would associate it with a Driving licence (!!!!) and so changed it at the last minute. John Glen didnt agree with the change and stated it was ironic that it was the first Bond movie that He DIDN'T have a Licence to Kill!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2023 Posts: 18,006
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    I must admit I don't love it, but we do live in a world where Cubby went for 'Licence To Kill' as a title, so I wouldn't rule it out.

    Well that was originally called 'Licence Revoked' ( there's even a photo with Cubby with a clapperboard with that title on it!)
    They felt some people would associate it with a Driving licence (!!!!) and so changed it at the last minute. John Glen didnt agree with the change and stated it was ironic that it was the first Bond movie that He DIDN'T have a Licence to Kill!

    That's all true. Maybe Poetic Licence to Kill would've been a better title, although it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2023 Posts: 15,580
    I must admit I've always thought Licence Revoked is an even worse title, so in some ways a bullet dodged.

    I've often wondered why they didn't call it Licensed To Kill, that way it would be spelt correctly in both the UK and US.
  • Posts: 7,006
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    I must admit I don't love it, but we do live in a world where Cubby went for 'Licence To Kill' as a title, so I wouldn't rule it out.

    Well that was originally called 'Licence Revoked' ( there's even a photo with Cubby with a clapperboard with that title on it!)
    They felt some people would associate it with a Driving licence (!!!!) and so changed it at the last minute. John Glen didnt agree with the change and stated it was ironic that it was the first Bond movie that He DIDN'T have a Licence to Kill!

    That's all true. Maybe Poetic Licence to Kill would've been a better title, although it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily! :)

    No to mention Gladys trying to sing it! 😂
    To me I prefer 'Licence to Kill' as a title, and Gladys Knights theme is one of my favourites!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 13,354
    Chasing trends as done in the past.


    ac5926040d5e98b47df007d974d2f3a3fa990929.pnj
    James_Bond_Ken.jpg


  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 18,006
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    bondywondy wrote: »
    I would like to see

    SHAKEN NOT STIRRED

    I must admit I don't love it, but we do live in a world where Cubby went for 'Licence To Kill' as a title, so I wouldn't rule it out.

    Well that was originally called 'Licence Revoked' ( there's even a photo with Cubby with a clapperboard with that title on it!)
    They felt some people would associate it with a Driving licence (!!!!) and so changed it at the last minute. John Glen didnt agree with the change and stated it was ironic that it was the first Bond movie that He DIDN'T have a Licence to Kill!

    That's all true. Maybe Poetic Licence to Kill would've been a better title, although it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily! :)

    No to mention Gladys trying to sing it! 😂
    To me I prefer 'Licence to Kill' as a title, and Gladys Knights theme is one of my favourites!

    I like it too but there's a version where she sings it as "Licence to Kilt" which is really odd.
Sign In or Register to comment.