- Donald Pleasance
    - Steven Berkoff
    - Eva Green
    - Mads Mikkelsen
    - Sean Connery
    - Benicio del Toro
    - Javier Bardem
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Big expectations for SF when a lot of us have got 5 cast members in our 15.
  • I count Craig, Dench, Fiennes, and Bardem. Who's the 5th?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

It's a great cast. Expectation doesn't really factor into it when all of them have a great consistency of excellent performances.
    I count Craig, Dench, Fiennes, and Bardem. Who's the 5th?

Albert Finney

Even if SF turns out awful though, they're still good actors who would deserve places because of their work outside Bond.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Happy to see the Berkoff love here. He's one of the best villains in the series, IMHO, believable yet over-the-top all at once.
    echo wrote:
    Happy to see the Berkoff love here. He's one of the best villains in the series, IMHO, believable yet over-the-top all at once.

He is great, and not just in Bond too, he's been great in everything I've seen him in. After rewatching it OP is in my top 10 now, and him and Moore are the main reasons for it.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,447
    Roger Moore
    Pierce Brosnan
    Sean Connery
    Timothy Dalton
    George Lazenby
    Lois Maxwell
    Bernard Lee
    Desmond LLewelyn
    Judi Dench
    Pedro Armendáriz
    Robbie Coltrane
    Isabella Scorupco
    Jonathan Pryce
    John Rhys-Davies
    Mads Mikkelsen

Hope some one wil make a worse list.. On this moment that list is very short because there are only 4 people i hate there be in a Bond movie and only one of those i wil never see in any movie.

With so much people already talking about Skyfall, should i nominate Emma Stone already, the new Denise Richards some people think she be and that sound mabey nice for Michael G Wilson his ears [-X
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I do have a Bottom Six List, but they're all female.
  • (Should be Sir) Timothy Dalton.
    Daniel Craig
    Sean Connery
    Robert Shaw
    Telly Savalas
    Christopher Walken
    Jefferey Wright
    Vincent Schiavelli
    Christopher Lee
    Bencio Del Toro
    John Rhys-Davies
    Joseph Wiseman
    David Hedison
    Bernard Lee
    Desmond Llewelyn
    1. Daniel Craig – the best Bond!
    2. Timothy Dalton – best until Craig
    3. Desmond Llewelyn – the legend
    4. Bernard Lee
    5. Eva Green
    6. Sean Connery
    7. Pierce Brosnan
    8. Sean Bean
    9. Caterina Murino - don't know, why she's here
    10. Mads Mikkelsen
    11. Adolfo Celli
    12. Joe Don Baker
    13. Robert Shaw
    14. Roger Moore
    15. Walter Gottel

and later, maybe Izabela Skorupko.
  • SAMSAM

15 Most Talented Actors In Bond History To Date :

Timothy Dalton
    Javier Bardem
    Diana Rigg
    Telly Savalas
    Daniel Craig
    Jeffrey Wright
    Robert Shaw
    Eva Green
    Benicio Del Toro
    Michael Lonsdale
    Bernard Lee
    Christopher Walken
    Ralph Fiennes
    Patrick Macnee
    Robert Davi

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    (Should be Sir) Timothy Dalton.
    Daniel Craig
    Sean Connery
    Robert Shaw
    Telly Savalas
    Christopher Walken
    Jefferey Wright
    Vincent Schiavelli
    Christopher Lee
    Bencio Del Toro
    John Rhys-Davies
    Joseph Wiseman
    David Hedison
    Bernard Lee
    Desmond Llewelyn

David Hedison a better actor than Judi Dench, Steven Berkoff, Sean Bean or even Roger Moore? =))

Have you not seen The Fly or even the scene in LTK where he goes 'Oooh. Hand me that picture of Della.' Painful.

Why not have John Terry on there while youre at it?
    1. Timothy Dalton
    2. Telly Savalas
    3. Diana Rigg
    4. Daniel Craig
    5. Eva Green
    6. Desmond Llewelyn
    7. Sean Connery
    8. Bernard Lee
    9. Pedro Armendáriz
    10. Gabriel Ferzetti
    11. Sean Bean
    12. Carey Lowell
    13. George Lazenby
    14. Lois Maxwell
    15. Mads Mikkelsen
  • (Should be Sir) Timothy Dalton.
    Daniel Craig
    Sean Connery
    Robert Shaw
    Telly Savalas
    Christopher Walken
    Jefferey Wright
    Vincent Schiavelli
    Christopher Lee
    Bencio Del Toro
    John Rhys-Davies
    Joseph Wiseman
    David Hedison
    Bernard Lee
    Desmond Llewelyn

David Hedison a better actor than Judi Dench, Steven Berkoff, Sean Bean or even Roger Moore? =))

Have you not seen The Fly or even the scene in LTK where he goes 'Oooh. Hand me that picture of Della.' Painful.

Why not have John Terry on there while youre at it?
    I'm sorry I liked his performance though I would take him off for Diana Rigg

• edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    #1 Dalton
    #2 Connery
    #3 Chris Lee
    #4 Joseph Wiseman
    #5 Yaphet Kotto
    #6 Roger Moore
    #7 Bernard Lee
    #8 Robert Davi
    #9 Robert Shaw
    #10 Bernard Lee
    #11 Herve Villachaize
    #12 Clifton James
    #13 Bruce Glover/ Putter Smith
    #14 Benicio Del Toro
    #15 Michael Lonsdale

too much excitement for me. Goodnight I-)
  • Kotto was great in lald. Most of that movie was nonsense, but he was great.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Dalton is a good actor but is he really a better actor than someone like Judi Dench or even Diana Rigg for that matter? I think Dalton would kill to have the career of those two.

I might have to revise it but the top actors off the top of my head are:

1. Judi Dench
    2. Diana Rigg
    3. Robert Shaw
    4. Daniel Craig
    5. Lotte Lenya
    6. Robert Carlyle
    7. Ralph Fiennes
    8. Rosmund Pike
    9. Mads Mikkelsen
    10. Christopher Walken
    11. Jonathan Price (distinguished actor, hammy performance)
    12. Timothy Dalton
    13. Sean Connery
    14. Samantha Bond
    15. Toby Stephens (distinguished actor, hammy performance)

(Noble mentions go to Joseph Wiseman, Roger Moore, Bernard Lee, Godfried John, Robbie Coltrane and Robert Davi).
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    Dalton is a good actor but is he really a better actor than someone like Judi Dench or even Diana Rigg for that matter? I think Dalton would kill to have the career of those two.

Career has nothing to do with who is a better actor. By that logic, Shia Labouef is a better actor than almost everyone on your list because he's been in more successful films so he had a better career.
    BAIN123 wrote:

Career has nothing to do with who is a better actor. By that logic, Shia Labouef is a better actor than almost everyone on your list because he's been in more successful films so he had a better career.

But all three come from solid theatrical backgrounds and are well versed in Shakespeare. Yet Dench and Rigg (Dench especially) are recognised in a way Dalton could only dream of. I think this is largely because of Dench's slightly dry manner - a trait that works well on film.
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

But all three come from solid theatrical backgrounds and are well versed in Shakespeare. Yet Dench and Rigg (Dench especially) are recognised in a way Dalton could only dream of.

But that still doesn't mean they're better actors. And Dench and Rigg aren't the only ones you put ahead of Dalton. This is like on the Craig vs Dalton thread, when you and other people were using the argument Craig made more money, when it wasn't about that, it was about who is the better Bond. It's the same here, it's not about who's most recognised, it's about who's a better actor.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

But all three come from solid theatrical backgrounds and are well versed in Shakespeare. Yet Dench and Rigg (Dench especially) are recognised in a way Dalton could only dream of.

But that still doesn't mean they're better actors. And Dench and Rigg aren't the only ones you put ahead of Dalton. This is like on the Craig vs Dalton thread, when you and other people were using the argument Craig made more money, when it wasn't about that, it was about who is the better Bond. It's the same here, it's not about who's most recognised, it's about who's a better actor.

But Dench is the better screen actress than Dalton is an actor. She can project authority in a more natural manner without heavy breathing, looking away from the camera. Dench makes everything look so easy.
  • Hmmm.... Nah, Daltons better :P

Besides, Dench isn't the only one you put above Dalton, you put him 12th.
    Hmmm.... Nah, Daltons better :P

I know, because of his "staginess". I still think the likes of Robert Shaw and even Robert Davi could (and in the case of Davi did) upstage him. They'd certainly scare me a hell of a lot more.

In regard to Dench, she'd upstage anyone.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It all depends on our tastes. Just like the inclusion of Daniel Craig and Samantha Bond. To me they represent the worst Bond and the worst Moneypeny but there they are.

1. Timothy Dalton
    2. Maryam D'Abo
    3. Claudine Auger
    4. Carol Bouquet
    5. John Rhys-Davies
    6. Robert Brown
    7. Robert Davi
    8. Christopher Lee
    9. Karin Dor
    10. Bernard Lee
    11. Robert Shaw
    12. Michelle Yeoh
    13. Curd Jurgens
    14. Robert Carlyle
    15. Rick Van Nutter

I wanted to add Gemma Arterton, but as good an actress that I think she is (and I do like her as an actress) the Fields character might as well had not been in the film.
    It all depends on our tastes. Just like the inclusion of Daniel Craig and Samantha Bond. To me they represent the worst Bond and the worst Moneypeny but there they are.

1. Timothy Dalton
    2. Maryam D'Abo
    3. Claudine Auger
    4. Carol Bouquet
    5. John Rhys-Davies
    6. Robert Brown
    7. Robert Davi
    8. Christopher Lee
    9. Karin Dor
    10. Bernard Lee
    11. Robert Shaw
    12. Michelle Yeoh
    13. Curd Jurgens
    14. Robert Carlyle
    15. Rick Van Nutter

I wanted to add Gemma Arterton, but as good an actress that I think she is (and I do like her as an actress) the Fields character might as well had not been in the film.

No Judi Dench?? Even if you don't like her M you must admit she's pretty damn good as an actress.

Meh...each to their own
  • BAIN123 wrote:

I know, because of his "staginess". I still think the likes of Robert Shaw and even Robert Davi could (and in the case of Davi did) upstage him. They'd certainly scare me a hell of a lot more.

I think Davi and Dalton were equal, both helped make LTK the epic film it was.

Dench is a good actress but she doesn't upstage anyone when she's in a Bond film imo. I can't take her seriously as this tough boss, everytime she swears I laugh. She was alright in Brosnans films, but especially now in Craigs films, having this frail 80 odd woman be the boss of this tough action man, I just don't think it works. Craig needs a boss who actually is tough and can control him, that's why I hope Ralph Fiennes becomes the new M.
    BAIN123 wrote:

I think Davi and Dalton were equal, both helped make LTK the epic film it was.

Dench is a good actress but she doesn't upstage anyone when she's in a Bond film imo. I can't take her seriously as this tough boss, everytime she swears I laugh. She was alright in Brosnans films, but especially now in Craigs films, having this frail 80 odd woman be the boss of this tough action man, I just don't think it works. Craig needs a boss who actually is tough and can control him, that's why I hope Ralph Fiennes becomes the new M.

The swearing I'll agree does bother me a bit too but she still has her way with dry lines in the new films:

"Christ I miss the Cold War"
    "Utter one more syllable and I'll have you killed"

Both had huge laughs when I heard them in the cinema

Come to think of it I think Dench upstages Broz a BIT in GE but less so in his other films.