The quick and fun Moneypenny elimination game

124»

Comments

• DwayneDwayne New York City
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Once again, that was fun and expected. You really can't beat Lois, she reigns supreme as Moneypenny.

Lois certainly reigns supreme. That said, IMO all of the actresses that have played Moneypenny have been very good. And yes, given that I do have a soft spot for Ms. Bliss I couldn't bring myself to eliminate her earlier today.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Great that Bliss won the silver medal. I like her a lot. A shame that she is only seen for a few seconds in LTK and without a scene with Bond.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Great that Bliss won the silver medal. I like her a lot. A shame that she is only seen for a few seconds in LTK and without a scene with Bond.

Agreed, I also like her a lot, nice to see her ending so high.
  • A shame that she is only seen for a few seconds in LTK and without a scene with Bond.
    I wish she was brought back at the end of LTK. She could definitely have been the one on the phone with Bond at the end, saying that M is open to have him back to the Service.

Regarding Maxwell, I think there's such a gap between her tenure during Connery's era and Moore's one that it could almost be two different options in a vote.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    You may be on to something @Herr_Stockmann.

I’m glad that I’m not the only person that views Lois Maxwell’s tenure as having two – very – distinctive eras. For me, it breaks down to Connery/Lazenby/early Moore and then “late” Moore. Her appearances in OP and AVTAK, while enjoyable, for example, were (IMO) somewhat perfunctory.

My two cents, anyway.
  • Dwayne wrote: »
    I’m glad that I’m not the only person that views Lois Maxwell’s tenure as having two – very – distinctive eras. For me, it breaks down to Connery/Lazenby/early Moore and then “late” Moore. Her appearances in OP and AVTAK, while enjoyable, for example, were (IMO) somewhat perfunctory.
    Interesting that you include early Moore with Connery and Lazenby. In my eyes, you already see a shift in the Bond/Moneypenny relationship from LALD, albeit less being less radical than in next movies. From the get go, they act more as close friends, with little to no flirt between the two. And it only increases in the next instalments.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    We could "feel" her age too much in OP and AVTAK (maybe already in FYEO and MR??). While it made somehow sense to have an older Moneypenny at the side of an old Bond, they looked even older together, in my opinion (if this makes any sense...). Nothing wrong there but far away from a highlight of these movies.
    The chemistry between Connery and Maxwell was better. To be fair, they also had better dialogues in general to work with. And Maxwell had also only brief scenes sometimes in the Moore era (i.e. in TSWLM)

Yep! The original wins again! Surprised Caroline Bliss finished as runner up!