Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Here were some other variations:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_james_bond_in_a_tux_white_good_lo_b9b7d3d3-e332-4937-9463-4858cb7c8a86.png

Bottom left - that's BookBond, for sure.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 110
    It won't be Cavill. Not unless he takes a low salary.
    In that the other candidates will be cheaper as he is the biggest name linked. Don't think Tom Hardy has ever been a serious candidate.
    Venutius wrote: »
    Here were some other variations:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_james_bond_in_a_tux_white_good_lo_b9b7d3d3-e332-4937-9463-4858cb7c8a86.png

Bottom left - that's BookBond, for sure.

That one would be my pick as well. Now, where is that guy, what’s his name and who’s his agent? 😀
    It won't be Cavill. Not unless he takes a low salary.
    In that the other candidates will be cheaper as he is the biggest name linked. Don't think Tom Hardy has ever been a serious candidate.
    Shame as Hardy would of in my opinion been essentially Connery bond in the 21st century

Cavill would be Brosnan 2.0 and I don’t mind that either
  • Cavill would imho be a stuffed shirt and finish the series. Sorry not sorry ;)
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    As confused as I was for those who didn't want Craig to be Bond, I now understand for how badly I don't want Cavill to be Bond.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    So I put the literary description of James Bond (looks like Hoagy Carmichael, cold and ruthless, scar on right cheek, blue-grey eyes, cruel mouth, cold eyes, short black hair, a comma of hair, etc) into an AI thing and this is what it made:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_literary_James_Bond_in_a_tux_whit_2ffcdf03-d71e-4215-9f9b-33ae7a98492b.png?width=573&height=573

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though.

Good looking chap! Comes closest to Dalton, wouldn't you agree?

I don't know, he reminds me of Ralph Fiennes.

Hm, yes, I can see that. But of the Bonds themselves, I mean.

Well, he still reminds me of Fiennes a lot. Not that I'm suggesting he should have been Bond back in the days or anything.

On a side note, I could have pictures Ralph Fiennes as Aragorn.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    66083835-11588715-image-m-16_1672523229142.jpg

A new year, a new casting rumour from the Daily Mail. This time Lucien Laviscount from 'Emily in Paris'.

"Now it can be revealed that actor Lucien Laviscount has also caught the eye of James Bond boss Barbara Broccoli and is being lined up to become the new 007 to replace Daniel Craig.

The debonair Burnley-born actor caught the attention of the movie franchise’s bosses for his role in the romcom series as Alfie, boyfriend of Emily Cooper, played by Lily Collins.

[...] It is also thought that Ms Broccoli and her team are keen to have an ethnic-minority star to play 007 so the franchise is reflective of modern society.

[...]Meanwhile, it can also be revealed that despite Ms Broccoli saying no announcement on a new 007 film is imminent, stunt men and women are being tested at Pinewood Studios. A source there said: ‘They want to be ready for when things start moving with the new Bond.’"

• edited January 2023 Posts: 303
    US interview:

He has a bit of a Hollyoaks vibe. Hollyoaks is a long running UK TV soap with a predominantly younger cast. On initial glance he could easily be a cast member on that show so I don't see enough 'stand out quality' but who knows! ;) i suspect some fans will struggle to get excited by this guy if.... huge if... he's cast. It's a no from me!

That's the first (and probably last) time anyone from Burnley's been described as 'debonair'. ;)
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    He's handsome but very Disney-seeming. He doesn't have cold eyes.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    I think this is the year Bond 26's rumours intensifies.
    LucknFate wrote: »
    He's handsome but very Disney-seeming. He doesn't have cold eyes.

I feel the same. Good looking but too "cute", if that makes sense. Maybe because he's quite young still, I don't know.
    bondywondy wrote: »
    US interview:

He has a bit of a Hollyoaks vibe. Hollyoaks is a long running UK TV soap with a predominantly younger cast. On initial glance he could easily be a cast member on that show so I don't see enough 'stand out quality' but who knows! ;) i suspect some fans will struggle to get excited by this guy if.... huge if... he's cast. It's a no from me!

To be fair, I get a Hollyoaks vibe from a lot of them.
    Yes, absolutely. If the spirit animates the features, this guy's a puppy. Way too benign.
    I suddenly love Aaron Taylor Johnson as bond no idea why
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I suddenly love Aaron Taylor Johnson as bond no idea why

I know how you feel.

Fan trailer I found with Aaron Taylor Johnson

It kind of get me intrigued
    I think Bond needs an edge to his look. It's not about just being handsome. Bond is meant to have some edge to his look. Ideally a bit intimidating or aloof or whatever term you want to use. This is why Henry Cavill isn't quite right. Maybe lacks that extra edge or extra swagger or hint of danger. Someone like Tom Hardy might have bit more of an edge but not the ideal Bond look. But I think The Daily Mail promoting any Netflix British actor as the next Bond - next week some other guy will get mentioned - is just click bait. A few months ago Rege Jene-Page was getting the Daily Mail next Bond treatment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9869581/amp/Rege-Jean-Page-favourite-replace-Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-following-release-No-Time-Die.html

• bondywondy wrote: »
    I think Bond needs an edge to his look. It's not about just being handsome. Bond is meant to have some edge to his look. Ideally a bit intimidating or aloof or whatever term you want to use. This is why Henry Cavill isn't quite right. Maybe lacks that extra edge or extra swagger or hint of danger. Someone like Tom Hardy might have bit more of an edge but not the ideal Bond look. But I think The Daily Mail promoting any Netflix British actor as the next Bond - next week some other guy will get mentioned - is just click bait. A few months ago Rege Jene-Page was getting the Daily Mail next Bond treatment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9869581/amp/Rege-Jean-Page-favourite-replace-Daniel-Craig-James-Bond-following-release-No-Time-Die.html

Regè actually has steam behind him. Not a lot but more than tabloid filler. Leaving Bridgerton at it's peak, him and Barbs attending the same events, banning Bond questions from his interviews, etc.

-
    NTTD is slowly becoming an old Bond film. The older it gets, the closer we get to Bond 26.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So I put the literary description of James Bond (looks like Hoagy Carmichael, cold and ruthless, scar on right cheek, blue-grey eyes, cruel mouth, cold eyes, short black hair, a comma of hair, etc) into an AI thing and this is what it made:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_literary_James_Bond_in_a_tux_whit_2ffcdf03-d71e-4215-9f9b-33ae7a98492b.png?width=573&height=573

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though. If it gave me something that looked like an actual photograph I was going to try to fool you guys into thinking I found the perfect actor.

Wow nice work. Which did you use?

I’ve thought for a while that the guy who marched the description and feel of Fleming’s 007 really well was Richard Johnson.
    deadlier-than-the-male-3.png
    I agree @mtm Richard Johnson had literary Bond in him.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Is 2023 is the year we find out who will be Bond #7?
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Is 2023 is the year we find out who will be Bond #7?

Hope so. It depends if they have a script or not. By the way, are there any info about what's the plan for the next Bond movie? It might give us a better idea of casting.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2023 Posts: 5,869
    I'm sure Lucien Laviscount is a lovely guy but I've seen him in some things, he's even been an advert recently here in the UK, and lets just say in terms of acting he's not someone I'd want near Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2023 Posts: 14,963
    Nice to have a new name at least. And interesting that the tabloids are already bored of their made-up ‘Taylor-Johnson has been hired as the new Bond’ story. Just remember: he gets unveiled in March… ;)
    mtm wrote: »
    Nice to have a new name at least. And interesting that the tabloids are already bored of their made-up ‘Taylor-Johnson has been hired as the new Bond’ story. Just remember: he gets unveiled in March… ;)

You never know the fact he was at Sound of 007 makes me think there is more to this then just garbage he looks like someone Babs would cast… I just don’t know what he would bring to the role nor do I know what former bond he will be most like…. Maybe George Lazenby lol

Like seriously Johnson fans help me out here lol
    mtm wrote: »

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though. If it gave me something that looked like an actual photograph I was going to try to fool you guys into thinking I found the perfect actor.

Wow nice work. Which did you use?

I’ve thought for a while that the guy who marched the description and feel of Fleming’s 007 really well was Richard Johnson.
    deadlier-than-the-male-3.png

Wasn't he one of the first choices for Bond at one point? It is interesting looking at who was supposedly considered for DN (according to Wiki anyway). You have the likes of Richard Johnson and Trevor Howard - very English, gentlemanly, and arguably more along the lines of what readers of the novels would have expected for Bond at the time. Then of course there's Stanley Baker and Sean Connery - a bit more raw as performers, arguably more known for playing criminals, anti-heroes and working class characters up until that point (both certainly came from working class backgrounds in comparison to most of the other contenders too). Again, all part of that long discussion about what qualities an actor needs for Bond.

Anyway, as for Laviscount, I think there's something to him as an actor. I can see why a producer somewhere would have an eye on him (that's not to say it's Broccoli). It may well be the case that they're looking for a different type of Bond to really stand out from Craig, so he may well have the qualities they're looking for in this instance. Personally, however, my instinct is telling me it's unlikely he's our man. I think it's too early to get a rumour about the next Bond that might lead to something definitive, and obviously there are many young actors in the film industry wanting a bit of publicity, so such a rumour would benefit them regardless of whether it's true or not.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited January 2023 Posts: 7,981
    It’s funny, like David Keith and Keith Dave, I tend to confuse Richard Johnson and John Richardson; the latter was said to have screentested for Bond.
    edited January 2023 Posts: 1,368
    Classic American & English actors like Gary Cooper, Cary Grant, James Mason, Stewart Granger, Richard Burton, James Stewart, Clint Eastwood, Stephen Boyd, Dana Andrews, Patrick McGoohan, Lawrence Olivier, Burt Lancaster, Robert Taylor, William Holden, Clark Gable, etc. The list is endless. I don't know why Bondian-looking actors like those were easily found everywhere then. It's like men looked more rugged then than now. Although, rugged men can still be found today, but not as much as then.