Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited December 2022 Posts: 784
    I think vintage bokeh lenses are overused as well
    I'm watching the Roman Empire history docu/drama on Netflix. A bit of a left field suggestion: Ido Drent. He's South African born, but New Zealander and plays Caligula. 35, good face, good voice, haven't seen enough of his acting otherwise.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ido_Drent
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited December 2022 Posts: 3,390
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm watching the Roman Empire history docu/drama on Netflix. A bit of a left field suggestion: Ido Drent. He's South African born, but New Zealander and plays Caligula. 35, good face, good voice, haven't seen enough of his acting otherwise.

He's 35? He looks too young to me at 27.
    MI6HQ wrote: »

He's 35? He looks too young to me at 27.

I think he looks fairly mature for a 35 years old. Not sure how good he is as an actor, not sure how tall he is, but I do think he's got the right look and maybe the right background. Not British, but from the Commonwealth.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    MV5BNjQ0Y2Y5MmQtNGRkYy00MWZmLThlZmMtY2RmN2NjMzEyNDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4MjYzOTIy._V1_.jpg
    600px-ATTWNbbc-Webley3.jpg
    aidenturner0607i.jpg?width=640

Gives me Brosnan vibes.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    MV5BNjQ0Y2Y5MmQtNGRkYy00MWZmLThlZmMtY2RmN2NjMzEyNDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4MjYzOTIy._V1_.jpg
    "I never miss."
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    600px-ATTWNbbc-Webley3.jpg
    aidenturner0607i.jpg?width=640

aidan-turner.gif
    31652_600.gif

Looks like there will be a remake of Gilligan's Island soon ? Or Love Boat ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Since62 wrote: »
    31652_600.gif

Starring Turner, it seems.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    31652_600.gif

I can see him as Gilligan, easily.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 485
    This Taylor-Johnson rumour got me really energized! I can't believe I had never considered him before, because he would be incredible in the role.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    31652_600.gif

Well, Rog did Cannonball Run
    talos7 wrote: »
    31652_600.gif

Well, Rog did Cannonball Run

Yes ! Even though a cannonball could fly, or roll, but certainly not run...
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    Casting spoiler for Slow Horses S3:
    The teaser for s3 shows that Sope Dirisu is a new character, so between him and Jack Lowden that's two of my picks in the same show. So I've said this before but fear being known for another well-regarded spy series does put one out of the running but I hope that's not the case. Either way I can't wait to see what he brings to the show.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 175
    So I put the literary description of James Bond (looks like Hoagy Carmichael, cold and ruthless, scar on right cheek, blue-grey eyes, cruel mouth, cold eyes, short black hair, a comma of hair, etc) into an AI thing and this is what it made:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_literary_James_Bond_in_a_tux_whit_2ffcdf03-d71e-4215-9f9b-33ae7a98492b.png?width=573&height=573

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though. If it gave me something that looked like an actual photograph I was going to try to fool you guys into thinking I found the perfect actor.
    So I put the literary description of James Bond (looks like Hoagy Carmichael, cold and ruthless, scar on right cheek, blue-grey eyes, cruel mouth, cold eyes, short black hair, a comma of hair, etc) into an AI thing and this is what it made:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_literary_James_Bond_in_a_tux_whit_2ffcdf03-d71e-4215-9f9b-33ae7a98492b.png?width=573&height=573

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though.

Good looking chap! Comes closest to Dalton, wouldn't you agree?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Christopher Reeve…
  • Here were some other variations:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_james_bond_in_a_tux_white_good_lo_b9b7d3d3-e332-4937-9463-4858cb7c8a86.png
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The teaser for s3 shows that Sope Dirisu is a new character, so between him and Jack Lowden that's two of my picks in the same show. So I've said this before but fear being known for another well-regarded spy series does put one out of the running but I hope that's not the case. Either way I can't wait to see what he brings to the show.
    I love Slow Horses. It's great. If anyone hasn't seen it, definitely change that as soon as.

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though.

I don't know, he reminds me of Ralph Fiennes.

I don't know, he reminds me of Ralph Fiennes.

Hm, yes, I can see that. But of the Bonds themselves, I mean.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,430
    Here were some other variations:

Lucien_Midnight_photograph_of_james_bond_in_a_tux_white_good_lo_b9b7d3d3-e332-4937-9463-4858cb7c8a86.png

I'd say the two on the left are pretty close to what's in my head when reading, if a littleeee fresh looking. Seeing what could be is getting me excited for whoever we actually get next. That first shot in the tux, I can't wait.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The bottom right image, looks a bit like King George the sixth.
    uci3p94z2f65.jpg
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

Oh damn. If he is who I think he is, they are seriously changing the character with him portraying him, but he’ll get a serious Bond audition tape out of it.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent

Oh damn. If he is who I think he is, they are seriously changing the character with him portraying him, but he’ll get a serious Bond audition tape out of it.

I really must start reading the books. Slow Horses is on my bedside table in anticipation, I just need to finish the thriller I'm reading atm first.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm gonna wait till the TV show has finished before I start the books, don't want to spoil future seasons.
    Here were some other variations:

Yep, that's Bond. All of them are. Well done. I particularly like the bottom left one. Now, let's get a stand in and glue that face on. The upper right one could very well be Sherlock Holmes as well.
  • edited December 2022 Posts: 2,897

Not bad. I wish I could get it to look more like a photograph of a real person though. If it gave me something that looked like an actual photograph I was going to try to fool you guys into thinking I found the perfect actor.

See, what interests me about that image is I get the feeling if you were to show me it cold and ask which fictional character it was it’d take me a few moments to recognise him as Bond. If at all. To me the face looks more like how I imagine Sherlock Holmes. To me it doesn’t give that sense of intrigue and darkness about the character that Fleming evokes so well in his prose.

That’s not to say it’s inaccurate to Fleming’s description on paper (and moreover it’s very cool). I’m sure some people imagine Bond like this. But it shows once again the malleability of Bond in terms of how readers imagine him and who can portray him onscreen. I doubt the next actor will look anything like this, which is interesting in itself.