The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 20 Apr 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    OG I was hoping Dalot would get it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Donny coming on.
    2-2 - Dasilva. Hope Ward can keep a point at least!
    Brentford scores a third, but it's offside. Brentford have been the better team in second half.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 23,267
    Really poor, Ten Hag will learn a lot from this. Glad this happened now...

Well done Brighton.
    2-2 in the end between Leicester and Brentford. Don't think any team could be happy with the result, though Brentford did well to get a point after conceding twice.
    We are away to Brentford next, I could see us losing that game. Today has not surprised me United need recruitment, it will be a few seasons until we compete at the top at least.
    We are away to Brentford next, I could see us losing that game. Today has not surprised me United need recruitment, it will be a few seasons until we compete at the top at least.

Brentford didn't look that good defensively, and I can see United taking advantage of that. It will be a game to watch, as both teams will get a lot out of a win – United getting on the right track, and Brentford picking three points at home against one of the bigger teams.

Brentford didn't look that good defensively, and I can see United taking advantage of that. It will be a game to watch, as both teams will get a lot out of a win – United getting on the right track, and Brentford picking three points at home against one of the bigger teams.

Ten Hag needs to drop three players actually four and I think some of our issues will go. I hope he is ruthless.

Fabianski off injured for West Ham

I have already benched Dalot and Rashford 😂
    Penalty to City, Haaland scores

Ten Hag needs to drop three players actually four and I think some of our issues will go. I hope he is ruthless.

I imagine a lot will happen in the transfer window yet. Arsenal aren't done with their window activity either, I think.

Haaland is so quick for his size. Areola had no chance but to go for the ball though.

I imagine a lot will happen in the transfer window yet. Arsenal aren't done with their window activity either, I think.

Haaland is so quick for his size. Areola had no chance but to go for the ball though.

God knows what's happening with De Jong though we desperately need him, Fred and Mctominay should never play together again. Though I said that two years ago 😂

Haaland and Nunez will be in my team at some point, if Nunez continues to do well I will switch Salah to him to free up cash.

God knows what's happening with De Jong though we desperately need him, Fred and Mctominay should never play together again. Though I said that two years ago 😂

Haaland and Nunez will be in my team at some point, if Nunez continues to do well I will switch Salah to him to free up cash.

The whole Barcelona situation is weird. I see De Jong is linked with Chelsea as well.

There's no way of knowing Haaland's minutes once CL starts, so I can consider going Haaland to Núñez at some point. Right now I'm tempted by a 4-3-3 with Núñez, Jesus and Haaland.
    And again! He's the best striker out there when they put him through on goal like that.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Same old United ...
    Haaland: probably indispensable for FPL even if his minutes are managed.
    4.5 MF Dasilva at Bournemouth didn't start but scored the equalizer against Leicester and may be the best bench fodder out there if he gets regular time. One to watch as an enabler for an early WC.
    Just hit my Wild card I have Haaland, Nunez and Salah.
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 17,272
    I think we will see a lot of transfers going Kane to Haaland based on their performances this gameweek. But we all know how great Kane is at his best, so I expect there will be a lot of transfers back and forth for those two players throughout the season, and eventually teams featuring them both. This could actually be the season where we want to spend more money on the striker spots, which hasn't been the vase for some time.

Dasilva is on my watchlist for sure. I might want to have two 4.5 mids at some point, and he's the best of the lot right now, especially if you already own Andreas.

That's early @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! I understand the reasoning for doing so though; despite the fact that we have a small sample size of performances and stats, playing the wildcard early is certainly an option – more so than last season.

Really not sure what I want to do with my team right now. Depending on price rises and team news, I might want to save a transfer, then reassess in gameweek 3.
    I got rid of United assets I think it's going to be a while before this team has any form. I cant sleep on Haaland and Nunez I think both of them will score a ton of goals. I can get Kane and Son in easy enough if needed eg one of strikers form goes or get injured, I have a strong defence also. Midfield is weak though I may just play two there some weeks.

I usually hit my Wild Card early. I may as well do it now, Liverpool and City could score loads next week.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The only United asset that will seemingly have much value in the early part of the season is Eriksen. Even with the shoddy performance today, he showed class.
    edited August 2022 Posts: 735
    Haaland is the center of the City attack, what they've missed since the best years of Aguero, and you could see Gundogan/De Brunge looking to serve him constantly. Whereas Kane drifts deep and is as much a playmaker as the focus of the Spurs attack. He'll get goals, of course, but dispersed among those scored by Son, Kulusevski and any of the several wingbacks ...
    After the game today Garry Neville compared Haaland to an especially physically imposing Bond villain: Richard Kiel's Jaws character.
    Agree re. Eriksen. He can be a goo option regardless of how the United team played today. One to watch for sure.

Hah! What a comparison to make of Haaland! He's an imposing figure though, so not inaccurate :)) City have missed something since Agüero left, and it's no doubt that void they're trying to fill with Haaland. And that's where Haaland might have the edge over Kane as an FPL option; he'll be more likely to be at the end of those chances rather than trying to contribute to them happening as an occasional playmaker (as pointed out by you @Feyador).
    edited August 2022 Posts: 735
    Faster, younger and (just a little) better looking, but equally "unplayable"/unkillable at times!. Fabianski's not gonna be the last keeper Haaland knocks out of a game. And like Jaws in the alley scene in MR, he's got to be a terrifying sight coming at you ...
    Man United agreed a deal to sign Rabiot from Juventus, I hope he is not a alternative for De Jong. Rabiot is an improvement on Fred and Mctominay, I never want to see that double act in our midfield ever again.
    Feyador wrote: »
    Faster, younger and (just a little) better looking, but equally "unplayable"/unkillable at times!. Fabianski's not gonna be the last keeper Haaland knocks out of a game. And like Jaws in the alley scene in MR, he's got to be a terrifying sight coming at you ...

It will be fun to follow the race for the Golden Boot this season. Imagine Kane, Son, Salah Haaland and Nunez will all score a lot of goals.
    Man United agreed a deal to sign Rabiot from Juventus, I hope he is not a alternative for De Jong. Rabiot is an improvement on Fred and Mctominay, I never want to see that double act in our midfield ever again.

Rabiot was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal some seasons ago, but I don't know how close he actually was to signing for the club. He could be a good player for United, I think.
    Gameweek 1 is over, and we have our first gameweek winner of the season! In a gameweek where the average score was already pretty high with 57 points, E J Ibanga managed an impressive 94 points, and an overall gameweek rank of 8 632. Congratulations! =D>

oNp0bcl.jpg
    Gameweek winners 2022/23

GW 1: E J Ibanga
    _________

Gameweek 2 kicks off at 11:00 UK time this Saturday, so remember to have your teams in order by then!

Can't help but think that bigger clubs should look at signing Potter, CL experience or not. What he did in Sweden with Östersunds FK is an incredible story, and he's had no issue taking the step up to the Prem. Brighton assets can be great enablers in our FPL squads this season.

Can't help but think that bigger clubs should look at signing Potter, CL experience or not. What he did in Sweden with Östersunds FK is an incredible story, and he's had no issue taking the step up to the Prem. Brighton assets can be great enablers in our FPL squads this season.
    I don't

I think something more important than great individuals & club saviors is at stake.

At Brighton Potter succeeds because he has the complete authority to systematically shape the team as he demands and sees fit. Much as Ferguson had done in an earlier time. The club then sells (on their terms, mind!) arguably its two best players (Bissouma & Cucurella) and proceeds not to miss a beat.

United are a mess. System, team structure & authority are more important than the talent of individuals. But if Potter goes to United, for example, he immediately has all that authority undermined and he's pretty much reduced to just a game-day coach with an entire club hierarchy above him and the egos of a motley collection of players to contend with.
    Feyador wrote: »

I don't

I think something more important than great individuals & club saviors is at stake.

At Brighton Potter succeeds because he has the complete authority to systematically shape the team as he demands and sees fit. Much as Ferguson had done in an earlier time. The club then sells (on their terms, mind!) arguably its two best players (Bissouma & Cucurella) and proceeds not to miss a beat.

United are a mess. System, team structure & authority are more important than the talent of individuals. But if Potter goes to United, for example, he immediately has all that authority undermined and he's pretty much reduced to just a game-day coach with an entire club hierarchy above him and the egos of a motley collection of players to contend with.

Oh, I definitely agree, and the major difference between Brighton and a larger club is no doubt the authority he is given – which he won't get to the same extent at one of the big clubs. And it's not that United specifically would be the best fit for Potter (at least not right now), but I think he could do really well at a bigger club if the opportunity presents itself. Take Spurs or Arsenal, for example; Not that they are looking to replace their managers just now, but these are clubs where a manager could be given the opportunity to shape his "project" to a larger extent than United. And speaking of big clubs, I could see Potter doing well in a different league too. He's already coached abroad.
    Congratulations to E J Ibanga

---

Potter will get a top job somewhere down the line, I would not be surprised if he got the England Job, I would welcome it.