The brand new guess the character

Comments

Ok, fair enough

The Character in question is of Female Gender

It is not from On Her Majestys Secret Service

We know she survives to the end of the film even if we don't actually see it

This has a few more hours to run, answer will be disclosed later today if not solved, I have made a decision

It's for the good of the round and to let someone else have a go etc, sorry for any annoyance this has caused
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Last guess:

Dolly in MR? [-O<
    That is the closest we have come to a correct answer

I said I would shut this down yesterday, but simply been too busy. I'll give this another day maybe, although it's very likely it will have been done by that time. I have practically given the answer away with my initial response
    That is the closest we have come to a correct answer

I said I would shut this down yesterday, but simply been too busy. I'll give this another day maybe, although it's very likely it will have been done by that time. I have practically given the answer away with my initial response

Can we just move on without him?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can't think of anything else. I am truly cleaned out, as I was sure Dolly fit the bill. :(
    Be fair Mr Westbrook, Brady was so close with the right answer, so near you wouldn't believe. Please be patient, it's only a bit of fun, you'll get your turn soon enough
    Be fair Mr Westbrook, Brady was so close with the right answer, so near you wouldn't believe. Please be patient, it's only a bit of fun, you'll get your turn soon enough

It's not about my 'turn'.

It's about no one having a clue what your character is, and you basking in the arrogance and not giving up.

Let's move on, please. You keep stating 'it's really easy... etc.' yet clearly, it isn't.

You've made a statement to end it, so end it.
    So be it

And I take umbrage about 'basking in arrogance' or other remarks even, what do you think I do, walk around the neighborhood with a big flashing neon sign saying 'The participants on MI6 don't know what my guess the character is, I feel so proud with myself, this is the be all and end all of my very existence' or have it put on the front page of every English speaking newspaper?

Ok, some may have got upset but that wasn't my intention, it's only a mere round of game on an Internet page, I did give away 20 clues and once again, one member was very close last time out, you will see for yourselves very soon

I didn't get any sexual enjoyments out of this, delusions of grandeur, moments of greatness etc, people were unable to supply a correct answer and that's where it ends, I was very generous with clues, sorry to anyone who genuinely got upset with this

Character in question was -

Manuela (Moonraker)
    Of course you don't know, that's the fun of these rounds especially for anyone who gets a chance to chair these things.
    Not the first incorrect answer, and not likely to be the last either.
    All we need to do is add up the clues and think through the Bond releases and the character should arrive etc
    Lo and behold, more wrong answers
    Every response above is incorrect
    This will be done eventually, probably around the same time the Ravens win another Super Bowl the way it's now heading, but there's plenty of clues to indulge in etc
    This must be frustrating to some
    this may well go on forever and I think it's only fair we should give some other guys a chance...
    ...I almost feel like shouting out the character in question but I hope these added clues were of some assistance etc - this must move on soon
    No sense in getting high and mighty over a guess the character round, maybe you misread things a little. Maybe I was teasing to a degree but it appears largely unintentional, I don't want no disputes over this. I have given 16 clues away to be fair, no big headed antics or anything such, It is merely a case of first up with the right answer etc
    I'm doing what I can to keep this going as it's one of my favorites on the MI6 pages...
    I have to say though, I did think (on the basis of all the clues provided) this would of been done by now ?
    I'm not out to irritate people, been very generous with clues, 20 - more than most would provide. Yes, it may be frustrating to one or two, but this will be finalized this weekend - one way or another...
    I have practically given the answer away with my initial response
    Please be patient, it's only a bit of fun, you'll get your turn soon enough

Every moment your ego has irritated me over this past round. Plus this:
    So be it

And I take umbrage about 'basking in arrogance' or other remarks even, what do you think I do, walk around the neighborhood with a big flashing neon sign saying 'The participants on MI6 don't know what my guess the character is, I feel so proud with myself, this is the be all and end all of my very existence' or have it put on the front page of every English speaking newspaper?

Ok, some may have got upset but that wasn't my intention, it's only a mere round of game on an Internet page, I did give away 20 clues and once again, one member was very close last time out, you will see for yourselves very soon

I didn't get any sexual enjoyments out of this, delusions of grandeur, moments of greatness etc, people were unable to supply a correct answer and that's where it ends, I was very generous with clues, sorry to anyone who genuinely got upset with this

Character in question was -

Manuela (Moonraker)

Your exaggeration only displays an overreaction. How mature of you. Glad you enjoyed yourself, who would you like to move on..

Brady, perhaps, for being the closest?
  • oo7oo7
    Andrea Anders
    oo7 wrote:
    Andrea Anders

Um, he's already given the answer..
    I am curious @Baltimore, what movie of Jimmy Stewart's connects to Manuela?
    oo7 wrote:
    Andrea Anders
    A tad late for the party, mate.
    Well it's over with now, so any member can carry on if they wish, you have a go yourself Mr Westbrook if you want..

Not going to get embroilled in any disputes or arguements over it, for the last time, there have been one or two spontaneous moments of cruel delight that surfaced as this last round went along, but it wasn't my intention to cause any upset, this round causes problems sometimes, there may be some tension in the air, it will soon pass over, it is not worth any arguements. (Offers hand to Westbrook)

@Brady

James Stewart was in Rear Window, one of his most famous movies, Manuela can be seen in the rear window of Bond's taxi in Rio De Janiero as he arrives in Brazil as she tails him and takes pictures

She (Emily Bolton) was also in 1980s Prison drama Tenko with regard to the last batch of clues

I want no more hostilities over this
    Well it's over with now, so any member can carry on if they wish, you have a go yourself Mr Westbrook if you want..

Not going to get embroilled in any disputes or arguements over it, for the last time, there have been one or two spontaneous moments of cruel delight that surfaced as this last round went along, but it wasn't my intention to cause any upset, this round causes problems sometimes, there may be some tension in the air, it will soon pass over, it is not worth any arguements. (Offers hand to Westbrook)

@Brady

James Stewart was in Rear Window, one of his most famous movies, Manuela can be seen in the rear window of Bond's taxi in Rio De Janiero as he arrives in Brazil as she tails him and takes pictures

She (Emily Bolton) was also in 1980s Prison drama Tenko with regard to the last batch of clues

I want no more hostilities over this

Hmmm...clever...
    Yes....... Too Clever it would seem : - /

I thought they were some good clues though, but I say that at the risk of further upset, but they do all add up, I tried to be articulate with them but it all went a bit off course..

Maybe Brady should be up next so we can move on with this and move any storm clouds away, i.e he was nearest in the end
  • oo7oo7
    whoops sorry, hurry up and start a new one then stop yer trash talking, riddlers.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK, you needn't worry; I agree with you.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Can we restart your engines please, gentlemen? It was tricky, let's move on.
    Fresh air now, it's been a few days, so let's start a new one shall we?
    Let's have a go ... Brady will you please do the honors?
    Can I have another go ? ; - )

heh, but in all seriousness, this really should be kept moving

I invite anyone to take over and present a new guess the character. This is one of my favorite MI6 bits and pieces and it's a shame to let it be neglected
    We can let @Baltimore_007 go again, but I guarantee we won't find out the answer until December of 2027, ;)

I'll admit, as much as I felt patronized by your responses, I'm sure it was in good fun and you didn't mean it. You really put up some insane clues that left me thinking for weeks. I wouldn't mind if you went again.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 501
    post deleted
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 165
    Baltimore, we need to keep this rolling. Do your worst, lay the traps....
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think he is sleeping now, give him a few hours. :)
    As Toby Stephens said - 'You only get one shot at life, why waste it on sleep'

In any event, I've decided to undertake the next round on this. It will not go on for as long as before or create too much animosity I do believe. There main objective here is to have a bit of fun maybe

Let's begin

#1 This is not my only James Bond series appearance

#2 I did not make it to the end of that years Bond release

#3 I had a one way trip

#4 I had to apologize for my actions to a higher power

#5 My character, or who I am, will make certain this does not turn into a Marathon round

and off you go......
    Mathis?
    No, it is not Rene Mathis
  • Professor Dent?
    It is not Professor Dent either
    Is it Q?
    It is not Q

(Q has never been killed off before the end of any James Bond release) :|