The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2022 Posts: 23,104
    My - 12 kind of payed off as I jumped I think 100K places highest Ranking of this season. Around 350K now which is a result after my horrendous start to the season.

I still have my Bench Boost which I will use for the Double the week after next. Hopefully I can make further ground.
    Gameweek 34 is over, and as is often the case with double gameweeks, there were some large points swings between the teams. Even though the King of the Gameweek was single gameweek player Gabriel Jesus, there were plenty of points to gain from owning double gameweek players – most of which was Ronaldo with his 16 points. Our gameweek 34 winner Team Extreme made the shrewd move captaining Ronaldo, and netted 83 points and a gameweek rank of 260 405 from the captaincy points and other returns. Congratulations! =D>

hd6Dr9U.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    GW 33: Incredible XI
    GW 34: Team Extreme
    _______

Remember the 11:00 UK time deadline tomorrow!

_______
    Havertz assist and Ronaldo (C) goal saving my GW. Come on United, for pride.

That captaincy pick really paid off, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!
    It certainly looks like United are taking very specific steps. It's obvious to question why this hasn't happened sooner, of course.

Troublemakers in the dressing room in always a complicated affair. Not just finding out who they are, which might or might not be difficult in itself, but then there's sorting out the issues. Arsenal have struggled with this as well, and it's only now with Arteta's focus on non-negotiables and culture the club seem to be moving in the right direction. You can tell by the way the players interact with each other.

I coukd easily see ten players leave in the summer, need hungry players and United need to stop buying players past there best (excluding Ronaldo).

They will be busy, that's for sure! How many are at the end/near the end of their contracts? It's always easier to sell players with just a year or less remaining until their contracts expire.
    My - 12 kind of payed off as I jumped I think 100K places highest Ranking of this season. Around 350K now which is a result after my horrendous start to the season.

I still have my Bench Boost which I will use for the Double the week after next. Hopefully I can make further ground.

A 100k rank rise this late in the season is really impressive – and it shows that a few right decisions can have a massive impact on the season! I'm thinking of playing my Bench Boost then as well. I don't think I'd want many of the players I'm likely to target for the BB beyond gameweek 37. I considered (and might still of course) playing the BB in gameweek 36, but as things look right now, it might be possible to field a decent team without playing a chip.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Pretty much guaranteed out the door are Cavini, Matic, Lingard, Pogba and Mata. I woukd personally try to keep Matic for another season as back up.

Others likely to leave Baily, Jones, AWB, Martial and possibly Rashford.

Ronny is the one saving grace this season just to see the Goat play for us again helped with the trauma 😂 I have supported United for 40 years plus and I dont think there are many seasons as bad as this one, in recent times Moyes season admittedly rivals it even though we are likely to get less points this season.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 17,241
    Pretty much guaranteed out the door are Cavini, Matic, Lingard, Pogba and Mata. I woukd personally try to keep Matic for another season as back up.

Others likely to leave Baily, Jones, AWB, Martial and possibly Rashford.

Ronny is the one saving grace this season just to see the Goat play for us again helped with the trauma 😂 I have supported United for 40 years plus and I dont think there are many seasons as bad as this one, in recent times Moyes season admittedly rivals it even though we are likely to get less points this season.

That's quite a few regulars really, but you wouldn't be surprised by any of them leaving. Pogba is more or less confirmed, I imagine – looking at various headlines.

It's been quite a slump for United. In hindsight you obviously got to question a lot of appointments and transfers, but looking at the club's stature and budget, they should never been in this situation in the first place.

Just couldn't decide on a transfer strategy by the deadline, so I rushed a couple of transfers in, and I don't know who I captained in the end. Not holding my hopes up for a decent gameweek 35!
    Here are the gameweek 35 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 8
    Kane: 5
    Son: 3
    Ronaldo: 3
    De Bruyne: 2
    Saka: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Jota: 1

Gameweek 35 is an interesting gameweek where several highly owned players have decent fixtures. Salah is the most captained player, backedby 8 managers – who will have to hope he delivers if coming on, or that their vice captain delivers if he doesn't, as he starts on the bench against Newcastle! Spurs assets are also popular captains, with Kane and Son being backed by5 and 3 managers respectively. Good luck everyone!
    Salah not starting I really hope he comes off the bench late on and do nothing, that will help my ranking big time.
    Salah not starting I really hope he comes off the bench late on and do nothing, that will help my ranking big time.

Looks like you can enjoy your weekend from here on out, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Only the one point for Salah.

Looks like you can enjoy your weekend from here on out, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Only the one point for Salah.

I just need Ronny to score.

I really need to see Coutinho he has done nothing since I bought him ages ago I only kept him thus long because of Double GW.
    Wow I have 11 Double GW players already for next week and two free transfers and a bench boost to use. Great opportunity to get points
    Mono Raiola has died.
    Hearing this summer for Man United could be the biggest in the clubs history, huge changes incomming. We need to sign a minimum of five World class players IMO.

I really need to see Coutinho he has done nothing since I bought him ages ago I only kept him thus long because of Double GW.

Nearly brought him in this gameweek instead of Foden. Reslly not sure which Villa assets to target bringing in myself. Watkins perhaps.
    Wow I have 11 Double GW players already for next week and two free transfers and a bench boost to use. Great opportunity to get points

Pretty set for next gameweek too. Depending on who plays or not this gameweek, I might take a hit in order to make the team even more set for the double.
    Hearing this summer for Man United could be the biggest in the clubs history, huge changes incomming. We need to sign a minimum of five World class players IMO.

Not surprised seeing how this season has turned out for them. But few clubs are better set financially to do a squad overhaul than United. The club itself is a big draw for players too, no matter which European tournament they'll play in 22/23.
    Mono Raiola has died.

Sad news, which was initially reported way too early by the media. Whatever one's opinion might be of Raiola, he changed the agent industry, giving himself and others and the players they represent more power over the clubs.

Nearly brought him in this gameweek instead of Foden. Reslly not sure which Villa assets to target bringing in myself. Watkins perhaps.

Pretty set for next gameweek too. Depending on who plays or not this gameweek, I might take a hit in order to make the team even more set for the double.

Not surprised seeing how this season has turned out for them. But few clubs are better set financially to do a squad overhaul than United. The club itself is a big draw for players too, no matter which European tournament they'll play in 22/23.
    Mono Raiola has died.

Sad news, which was initially reported way too early by the media. Whatever one's opinion might be of Raiola, he changed the agent industry, giving himself and others and the players they represent more power over the clubs.

I really should check my predictive text spelling.

Raiola is not my favourite person though he did change a lot in football and became extremely wealthy. Though any life lost is sad even more so at a youngish age.

It appears everyone connected to the last few regimes at United will leave the club, its a complete revolution.
    Decided on a plan for next week though will wait till last minute to make transfers, Ronny will be sold and I will bring in three players so means - 4, it will be worth it.
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 17,241

Mono Raiola has died.

I really should check my predictive text spelling.

Raiola is not my favourite person though he did change a lot in football and became extremely wealthy. Though any life lost is sad even more so at a youngish age.

It appears everyone connected to the last few regimes at United will leave the club, its a complete revolution.

Extremely wealthy indeed – which really just shows the ridiculous wealth clubs have, and how good Raiola was as an agent.

It's usually what is needed for a rebuild; not just a new squad, but in other areas of the club as well. Similar things are happening at Arsenal, where Arteta is pushing for more than just on-pitch improvements. I think Arsenal will hit a stumble block with the owners though; I really can't see the club reaching any highs with the Kroenke's still in charge, and I think where they are right now is about as good as it can get.
    Decided on a plan for next week though will wait till last minute to make transfers, Ronny will be sold and I will bring in three players so means - 4, it will be worth it.

A mini-wildcard at this point before the doubles can be a clever move. I've taken more chances and hits in recent gameweeks as well, and it's given me an opportunity to reshape the team somewhat. Still not gaining rank though, but at least the run in is easier to navigate this way.
    In recent months hardly taken Hits which is unusual for me.

You must be heading for one of your best finish with your current Ranking, you must be easily in top 50k?
    edited May 2022 Posts: 23,104
    Having three Chelsea players this GW did not help, shock result at Everton.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 17,241
    In recent months hardly taken Hits which is unusual for me.

You must be heading for one of your best finish with your current Ranking, you must be easily in top 50k?

Going against your own playing style can be beneficial sometimes, as every season is different. What works in one season might be wrong in the next.

I'm outside 100k now, so I'm not close to my two best seasons. If I can manage to get inside the top 100k, I'd call that a success though, as I've found this season very challenging after a good start in August last year.
    Having three Chelsea players this GW did not help, shock result at Everton.

Really hoped for something from James and Werner, but neither look good on the eye test. Considering dropping them, but I might need to prioritise other transfers first…
    Ronaldo stopped me having a disaster this GW. Not sure what to do with my Chelsea assets as with a Double GW they are not tge players I wanted to sell.
    City absolutely blew it in the CL unbelievable win by Real Madrid, after last week's 4 - 3 win I thought City may be in danger.

I think my worst fears will be realised and Liverpool win will the Quadruple, City away to West Ham worries me in the league and after the the crushing loss to Real, City are going to find it tough.
    We have a new deadline tomorrow, but let's have a look at gameweek 35 first. Gameweek 35 fell between double gameweeks, and was unlikely to be the most exciting round of fixtures from an FPL perspective. But it was a very good gameweek for those owning Spurs attacking assets – most of all Son, who awarded owners with an impressive 19 points alone. Our gameweek winner on the throne owns Kane and Kulusevski as well as Son, which along with defender clean sheets and attacking returns made a huge contribution to the team managing 84 points and an impressive gameweek rank of 54 337. Congratulations! =D>

QADefLp.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    GW 14: أبو كاتم
    GW 15: CSAC
    GW 16: Team Extreme
    GW 17: FC Nostromo
    GW 18: Incredible XI
    GW 19: ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?
    GW 20: Team Extreme
    GW 21: �
    GW 22: Kicked in Dias
    GW 23: Benny's Blues
    GW 24: Anfield FC
    GW 25: CSAC
    GW 26: Team Extreme
    GW 27: Benny's Blues, Dinamo Skruknott and FC Nostromo
    GW 28: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 29: Kicked in Dias
    GW 30: LVLA Skopje
    GW 31: �
    GW 32: FC Nostromo
    GW 33: Incredible XI
    GW 34: Team Extreme
    GW 35: on the throne

Remember the late deadline at 13:30 UK time tomorrow!
    Ronaldo stopped me having a disaster this GW. Not sure what to do with my Chelsea assets as with a Double GW they are not tge players I wanted to sell.

Really not sure what to do either… Will James play twice? Werner has failed to deliver in the time I've owned him. Must admit I'm tempted by other options.
    City absolutely blew it in the CL unbelievable win by Real Madrid, after last week's 4 - 3 win I thought City may be in danger.

I think my worst fears will be realised and Liverpool win will the Quadruple, City away to West Ham worries me in the league and after the the crushing loss to Real, City are going to find it tough.

On the flip side City will now only have the league to focus on. If they manage to keep their heads up after the CL exit, they will surely have a very good chance at grabbing the title.
    Congratulations On The Throne.

---

I have made one transfer so far, a player who was injured and only had one game. I am waiting on White to see if he will play if not I will replace him and Ronny for a hit. I am going to have to stick with my Chelsea players.
    Made another two transfers so all but one player in my team have Double GW's. I feel this is make or break time as to whether I can get below 300K. I almost took a - 8 though I may just be throwing points away.

Edited: I did the - 8 all of my players have Double GW's.

---

I have made one transfer so far, a player who was injured and only had one game. I am waiting on White to see if he will play if not I will replace him and Ronny for a hit. I am going to have to stick with my Chelsea players.
    Made another two transfers so all but one player in my team have Double GW's. I feel this is make or break time as to whether I can get below 300K. I almost took a - 8 though I may just be throwing points away.

A -8 might seem like a gamble on paper, but fielding 11 double gameweek players can make a huge difference on the gameweek- and overall rank!
    Mount and Coutinho benched, great that's not what I want. Hopefully they can get something late on. No Havertz either Gr.
    Here are the gamweek 36 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 10
    Jesus: 4
    Son: 3
    Kane: 2
    Saka: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    van Dijk: 1
    Ronaldo: 1
    Nketiah: 1
    Mount: 1
    Robertson: 1

Gameweek 36 is yet another double gameweek, and one that offers a lot of good fixtures with a huge upside if picking the right players. So, who do we trust the armband with this time around? Salah is as ever – and by far the most popular captaincy pick, backed by 10 managers. Looking at the rest of the list we see some interesting picks, such as the in-form Jesus, who is backed by 4 managers. Son and Kane are also popular – backed by 3 and 2 managers respectively. Good luck everyone!
    This GW has been a disaster so far six players did not feature at all or start.

---

A -8 might seem like a gamble on paper, but fielding 11 double gameweek players can make a huge difference on the gameweek- and overall rank!

Hopefully having 15 double GW players will bail me out in the end. If I was in a higher rank right now I would be losing the plot the way this GW is going, I was expecting a huge haul :))
    This GW has been a disaster so far six players did not feature at all or start.

Ouch! Only Maddison so far for me, but I did expect he would miss one game.

---

Hopefully having 15 double GW players will bail me out in the end. If I was in a higher rank right now I would be losing the plot the way this GW is going, I was expecting a huge haul :))

Looking on Twitter, it looks like a lot of people have low scores despite having very good double gameweek teams. Many of them have covered the right teams as well, but have missed out on the players that returned. Many games to go still though!