Doc Savage - Man of Bronze. Look who they've cast!

2»

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wonder if these will become the "Indiana Jones " type adventure films for
    a new generation.
    Watching the Ron Ely Doc Savage Man of Bronze now, its daft though its alot of fun. The action is pretty good, its good escapism.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I agree the film was daft, but I always liked Ron Ely and think with a better movie, he'd have
    had a big hit.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I agree the film was daft, but I always liked Ron Ely and think with a better movie, he'd have
    had a big hit.

Thought the same about Ely, another film or even a series would have been justified in his performance. The Fabulous Five are good also, missed opportunity for sure. William Katt as a Indian assassin #-o

Doc 'Mona you're a brick' =))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ely was perfect. The financing of the project? Eh, not so much. Hence the camp crutch.
    It could have been epic, but I think this new one will make up for that particular missed opportunity. I trust Shane & Dwayne.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Ely was perfect. The financing of the project? Eh, not so much. Hence the camp crutch.
    It could have been epic, but I think this new one will make up for that particular missed opportunity. I trust Shane & Dwayne.

Pre Superman The Movie, superhero type films were low on the list when it came to financial backing. Saying that despite its budget I enjoyed watching Doc Savage again, it falls into the Batman 66 category.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Have no fear the Man of Bronze is here.....

Palm recognition igloo great stuff, Doc Savage has a pretty cool man cave.
    Doc Savage, Buckaroo Banzai & Remo Williams were all potentially BIG movie franchises that were sentenced to one-offs due to studio belt-tightening IMHO.
    @chrisisall despite financial restriction we were given some cult movies that just rarely get made now, the films you mentioned with more money behind them may not have been as good.
    @chrisisall despite financial restriction we were given some cult movies that just rarely get made now, the films you mentioned with more money behind them may not have been as good.
    That IS a distinct possibility.
    :-?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @chrisisall, Buckaroo Banzai is coming back. ;)
    ... in the 8th Dimesion, completely forgot Peter Weller starred.
    whatever happened to the Rock as Doc Savage project ???
    The trouble with casting Johnson is that it will be a The Rock movie and not a Doc Savage movie. The guy has just become so average and predictable in his movies. And don't get me started on Shane Black. Give him a low budget comic noir film aimed at adults and he's brilliant, but bigger budget franchise style movies like Iron Man 3 or Predator and he sucks