NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

Comments

What a world we live in where people who hate a movie watch it five!!! times lol.

Haven't posted in awhile, decided a ways back to just enjoy Bond movies like a did growing up, watch them for what they are at the time instead of geeking out on spoilers and such, and went into this one totally cold. Not sure it made a difference in my enjoyment but was refreshing anyway.

I'd put this one pretty much in the middle of my rankings, but mostly because there are some very good things and some not so good things that sort of average it out. The cinematography and aesthetics were phenomenal as we have come to expect, and particular sequences were great, especially Cuba. On the negative side, the writing seemed very disjointed. I'm not a P&W hater as they have been involved with some great stuff, but I have always felt they need a third hand to make or break their work. Haggis and Logan did great in CR and SF, others not so much.

I thought SP was better than most people did, and I would put this one somewhere in that ballpark.

Probably my biggest surprise is I'm actually a little excited to see a new Bond. DC has been my favorite Bond hands down, but given all the time that has passed I really am ready to see something different.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 214
    It's really not that simple, so name dropping a mod like that is not very helpful either. Especially when, in this case, it's a mod who usually calls out negative spam themselves too.

Moderator Dimi was openly vocal about his position on this, so there is no 'name dropping' to embarass him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It's really not that simple, so name dropping a mod like that is not very helpful either. Especially when, in this case, it's a mod who usually calls out negative spam themselves too.

Moderator Dimi was openly vocal about his position on this, so there is no 'name dropping' to embarass him.

I seem to recall there was a point made about moderators not having much control over such site functions also, so the point (whether it was intended to embarrass or not) is moot! :)
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    It's easy to complain, but a lot more difficult to see where he's coming from as a mod and what he is required to put up with at times.
  • I see, maybe I should message an Admin then.

Or find a more welcoming forum.
  • doghouse wrote: »
    What a world we live in where people who hate a movie watch it five!!! times lol.

I just wish it was 5 cinema admissions, the box-office benefits from haters too.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,336
    It just dawned on me that it isn t just Felix, Blofeld and Bond who die in this film, but SPECTRE member Michael G. Wilson as well.

That is a clean slate for sure, I am happy with a total reset of the series.
    ---
    I enjoyed NTTD and watched it several times to get my monies worth, but its a bad film on repeated watch.
    Though there are many bad films we all enjoy watching.

I got quite drunk last night as had friends round to watch the film, I barely remember posting on here. My apologies for over posting, it appears to be an issue.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It just dawned on me that it isn t just Felix, Blofeld and Bond who die in this film, but SPECTRE member Michael G. Wilson as well.

The Great Bond Reset.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The Great Bond Reset.

That sounds familiar.
    @Birdleson feel free to ban me, it's probably the right thing to do.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,526

He's no longer a mod (by his own choice, is my understanding), and hey, at least you saw the film before forming your opinion on it! Cheers.

EDIT: Most of my posts here are after a few drinks as well.

He's no longer a mod (by his own choice, is my understanding), and hey, at least you saw the film before forming your opinion on it! Cheers.

Thank you sorry I did not know he was no longer a mod.

I don’t see what you did that you should be banned for anyway. You rarely get personal. Maybe I missed it, but I don’t remember you having a personal issue with anybody in years.
    I've asked for a ban a few times, and once I really deserved it, but it's apparently not easy!
    Birdleson wrote: »

I don’t see what you did that you should be banned for anyway. You rarely get personal. Maybe I missed it, but I don’t remember you having a personal issue with anybody in years.

Reading through the comments I was posting excessively, I can understand why some members are not happy with that.
    I've asked for a ban a few times, and once I really deserved it, but it's apparently not easy!

I have messaged one of the mods. A break from the site is due I think.

Why don't you just not post for a bit?
    doghouse wrote: »

This is what I did, and it did help.

Good idea
    I needed a long break to cool off after the final NTTD delay. I just felt my frustrations and negativity were taking over too much and I didn’t want it making others miserable too. Breaks can be good.
    I certainly needed a break from being a mod. It can get aggravating on here at times for sure.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    So rather than all this pointless back and forth, back to the topic, please. So how do we think EON will 're-introduce' 007 back to life? I've read that the new 007 could be introduced in April with Dr. No's 60th anniversary date. You know EON already has this planned out, and I am quite sure they know who they want to get as the new Bond.
    I actually don't think any of that is true. April would be enormously early for the introduction of the next Bond actor, but it would be exciting to get news in 2022.
    Yeah, I would think more late 2022. Despite no new movie, I think next year could be very exciting for Bond fans still - potential for new actor announcement, new news on that much-anticipated game (haven’t had a Bond game for so long!), a new tidy box 60th anniversary box set spanning all eras, and probably other little neat things.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,161
    Wouldn't October be the anniversary (the 60th anniversary of the month that I was born, 10/62)?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited November 2021 Posts: 45,489

Have him stay at your place for a couple of days.

Have him stay at your place for a couple of days.

I do believe I see what you've done there.
  • So rather than all this pointless back and forth, back to the topic, please. So how do we think EON will 're-introduce' 007 back to life? I've read that the new 007 could be introduced in April with Dr. No's 60th anniversary date. You know EON already has this planned out, and I am quite sure they know who they want to get as the new Bond.

The way I see it, Craig's Bond was in its own 007 universe, with its own beginnings, its own characters (Bond, M, Q, Moneypenny ,Blofeld, its own timeline, its own world and his own death).

So they basically have the same liberties with the new guy. There has never really been continuity when the baton changes hands so it shouldn't be an issue now. Dench moved into the new universe with a new take on M, so it remains to be seen if other characters do, I quite like Mallory.....

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Wouldn't October be the anniversary (the 60th anniversary of the month that I was born, 10/62)?

Global James Bond Day Oct 5. A whole year after NTTD, after the dust has settled.