NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

Comments

I love that breakfast scene, and love how he looks at her, knowing she is from him.

Bond makes tons of breakfasts in the novels, I don't see the problem.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Does he? I know he has a lot of breakfasts, I didn’t know he made them; it’s been awhile since I’ve read them though. @Last_Rat_Standing sorry I misinterpreted your post.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watched the film twice today its PB level bad though I enjoy it.
    Actually you may be right, can't remember as it's been a while in which one he makes his own breakfast (as opposed to being served one).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,267
    This film is garbage after watching it five times.

Its DAD category.

The script destroys the film.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Zarozzor wrote: »
    Primo was a wimp anyway....even Nomi or Paloma could've taken him out. My one bug about the film...needed a better henchman and an epic fist-fight. A Hinx return would have been fun, or some other big burly menace from WWE....
    I liked Primo but wished he would have put up more of a fight in Matera or the island.

There was nothing much he could do when Bond gave him an eye opening experience with his chokehold :P

51680979586_c18ecc3d5f_b.jpg
    Such a shame I am watching the pre title sequence for the tenth time and it's awesome, the film does not follow through with the momentum and intensity set here.
    The soundtrack is amazing.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    You know what group will be making a ton of money off of NTTD?
    Dentists. You heard me. Because so many members of forums (not the general public, which have made NTTD quite successful at the box office) are gnashing their teeth so hard they can hardly spit out their words without choking.

Like all Bond movies, I enjoy my favorites and you enjoy yours. It has never bothered me that other people don't "get" what I do from a Bond movie. Movies aren't really something to defend while bitterly trying to make others change their mind. What's what it feels like here, though, at times.

People like to chat when they agree with the other person because sharing something you like is fun when it is reflected back to you. Gain different insights, too. Similar to going on a fun journey with a good friend. But I never felt fighting or being mean was fun. The hating on NTTD or Spectre or any Bond movie just doesn't interest me or make me care. Anger, hating, and mean snark just make the person doing it look ... I don't know ... a bit sad. I don't like to see people that upset or ridiculing others over a movie.

I guess people do need to vent; it comes down to that, doesn't it? All right, hopefully people will get enough out of their systems within a reasonable time so that more civil conversations can be had, by all sides.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2021 Posts: 16,330
    I finally saw it. Wow that was the worst Bond movie I've ever seen hands down. Even after reading the spoilers I'm annoyed. I honestly don't know what to say at this point. Way to piss on the legacy I guess. Bravo. I regret watching it now. I don't know what to say so I'll just leave it at that.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I finally saw it. Wow that was the worst Bond movie I've ever seen hands down. Even after reading the spoilers I'm annoyed. I honestly don't know what to say at this point. Way to piss on the legacy I guess. Bravo. I regret watching it now. I don't know what to say so I'll just leave it at that.

I was duped I liked it initially, though watched it several times now. The film is terrible.

I was duped I liked it initially, though watched it several times now. The film is terrible.

I knew it was going to be bad before the first footage had been revealed. I wish I was wrong about that. Oh how I wish I was wrong..
    Well at least you two have each other in this trying time (and 24 other by the numbers Bond films, and 14 novels). ;)
    @Murdock I think the long awaitrd cinema experience and hearing OHMSS themes duped me.
    Well at least you two have each other in this trying time (and 24 other by the numbers Bond films, and 14 novels). ;)

As far as I'm concerned, there are only 20 Bond films. I'm not sure what the other 4 are I'm afraid.
    License to Kill is my cut off point though DC first two films I rate highly.

As far as I'm concerned, there are only 20 Bond films. I'm not sure what the other 4 are I'm afraid.

I don’t know which 20 you acknowledge so I can’t help you there I’m afraid. I think if you wiki “Bond Films” they’ll give you the full list of 25.

I don’t know which 20 you acknowledge so I can’t help you there I’m afraid. I think if you wiki “Bond Films” they’ll give you the full list of 25.

1962 to 2002. That's all there is for me.

Ah I see, sorry, you said you didn’t know what the other four were.

Ah I see, sorry, you said you didn’t know what the other four were.

A little sarcasm on my part, no hard feelings. :P
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a film has "pissed" on the legacy. Maybe go back and re-watch Moonraker.
    I love Moonraker :))

Bond is random that's why it endures
    TripAces wrote: »

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a film has "pissed" on the legacy. Maybe go back and re-watch Moonraker.

There's something to be said for this. Anything that wasn't DIRECTLY from Fleming could be considered "pissing" on Bond's legacy, from going into outer space, invisible cars, and then Bond explicitly dying. It just matters I guess to how the viewer perceives it and what ticks them off more than other things and how it's done.
    The more I watch NTTD the more cartoonist it feels.
    Wow this is bad. (Watching it for the 5th time at home)
    TripAces wrote: »

Moonraker is the second best Bond film ever made. Pure majestic entertainment. No Time To Die is a funeral.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Murdock hates NTTD?

In other news: The sky is blue.

;)
    Murdock hates NTTD?

;)

Right on time! Every time I post, you're here to greet me. :-h
    Murdock hates NTTD?

;)

Whats your opinion on NTTD?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Murdock hates NTTD?

;)

Right on time! Every time I post, you're here to greet me. :-h

q-star-treak.gif
    Murdock hates NTTD?

;)

Whats your opinion on NTTD?

Like it better than QOS and SP, not as much as CR and SF. More or less in the middle of the pack of all 25 films.