If the next Bond actor is someone like Henry Cavil could Brosnan’s popularity go up ?

SzonanaSzonana Mexico
in Actors Posts: 1,130
If the next bond film is something that sticks to the old bond formula and Henry Cavil is cast I think Pierce Brosnan will be regarded again as one of the best bond actors and his films will be seen in a better light. Die another day probably not but the other three I Really think so.

Comments

I have a hunch if the next Bond possesses more classic cinematic Bond qualities, then Pierce will have a re appraisal period.
    Nostalgia for Pierce has been already kicking in for me lately and I'm wanting someone more like him next time and a series of films that have a level of fun.
    If someone like Brosnan, gets in, I’m done with new Bond movies until their tenure is over. Cavill would be awful imo.
  • Hopefully Cavill will never be cast. However, Brosnan is and has always been a beloved Bond, particularly with general audiences who matter more than the sum total of people within the so-called Bond community.
    One thing the Brosnan era got right and was head and shoulders above the offerings of these past 15 years was Brosnan made being Bond fun and a character lots of people wanted to be. It shouldn't have to take the progressively dour outings of the last few Bond films for people to realise Brosnan and his Bond outings entertained the masses and help keep Bond relevant, ushering the franchise into the 21st Century.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Cavill’s chances are as likely as Clive Owen still being in the running.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I have a hunch if the next Bond possesses more classic cinematic Bond qualities, then Pierce will have a re appraisal period.
    Nostalgia for Pierce has been already kicking in for me lately and I'm wanting someone more like him next time and a series of films that have a level of fun.

Cavil or not I want EON to go in that more fun direction with an actor who has that Brosnan style of portraying the character.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Cavill’s chances are as likely as Clive Owen still being in the running.

Is Adrian Paul still too old? 😉
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    One thing the Brosnan era got right and was head and shoulders above the offerings of these past 15 years was Brosnan made being Bond fun and a character lots of people wanted to be.

100% this.
    In a word....NO!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    In a word....NO!
    Haha I agree
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    Pierce Brosnan's performance will probably get the recognition it deserves. But probably not his later 3 films, which were plagued by bad writing.
    If Cavill is cast I will be upset but not angry he isnt my number one but I know the will be pop corn fun bond films
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2021 Posts: 23,105
    I don't think Cavill will get the role now.

Not my personal choice though I think Richard Madden will get the job, unless they decide to go younger.

I like GE and PB was ok in TND alas other than GE PB's films did not serve him well and will always be poor irrespective of what follows.