Bond 26 Title

Comments

• Not a fan of Shamelady myself. I foresee a lot of jokes about Embarrassedwoman, Angerman, Sadboy, etc
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Not a fan of Shamelady myself. I foresee a lot of jokes about Embarrassedwoman, Angerman, Sadboy, etc

:))
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm shocked Death To Spies hasn't been used yet, that would be a great title in my opinion

There's only a few Fleming chapter titles I could see them using, the most being, "The Death Collector" (John's Logan's choice for Spectre) or "Blood and Thunder" which are both from YOLT funnily enough
  • In addition to "The Death Collector" mentioned by @Jordo007, I personally quite like "Choice of Weapons" from the DN novel.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    In addition to "The Death Collector" mentioned by @Jordo007, I personally quite like "Choice of Weapons" from the DN novel.

Yeah good call, that's a great idea
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I'm shocked Death To Spies hasn't been used yet, that would be a great title in my opinion
    Absolutely, but maybe not for the next one.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    mtm wrote: »
    On the same plant name basis, I’ve always thought TIGERLILLY sounds quite Fleming-ish.

Except there's already is "What's up, Tiger Lilly?" the first directorial effort by Woody Allen.
    It's actually based on footage from a 1965 Japanese James Bond clone, International Secret Police: Key of Keys, which starred Mie Hama and Akiko Wakabayashi, before they were reunited on You Only Live Twice, with some editing and dubbing by Woody Allen and friends.
  • JMPJMP
    If it follows the trend some other franchises have followed, then we'll probably get the unimaginative "James Bond:007". or something similar. They're really going to want to remind audiences that the franchise did not stop with Daniel Craig, the most popular Bond since Connery, and who for a lot of the younger audience, is Bond. They really will be very nervous, probably the most nervous the producers have been since Connery left after YOLT, and I think they'll want a title that screams 'Bond' to the general public.

007 in New York

It's a Fleming title and lets the audience know right away James Bond 007 is back for a new adventure.
    JMP wrote: »
    If it follows the trend some other franchises have followed, then we'll probably get the unimaginative "James Bond:007". or something similar. They're really going to want to remind audiences that the franchise did not stop with Daniel Craig, the most popular Bond since Connery, and who for a lot of the younger audience, is Bond. They really will be very nervous, probably the most nervous the producers have been since Connery left after YOLT, and I think they'll want a title that screams 'Bond' to the general public.

007 in New York

It's a Fleming title and lets the audience know right away James Bond 007 is back for a new adventure.

if that gets used and the other 3 don't I will be pissed lol
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I would have said THE UNDERTAKER’S WIND a decade ago, but now I can’t help but think people will interpret it as a reference to flatulence.
    Wind of a Lady
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I would have said THE UNDERTAKER’S WIND a decade ago, but now I can’t help but think people will interpret it as a reference to flatulence.

Yeah it just can't be used, it would be a laughing stock. "Loud enough to wake the dead" etc.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited October 2021 Posts: 5,921
    I also think All The Time in the World would have been great for NTTD, but maybe a bit spoilery? Not that Spectre wasn't...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,861
    echo wrote: »
    I also think All The Time in the World would have been great for NTTD, but maybe a bit spoilery?

That's a really good point, you're quite right. I bet it must have been a working title at some point, surely?
    It's rather good.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I also think All The Time in the World would have been great for NTTD, but maybe a bit spoilery? Not that Spectre wasn't...

SPECTRE is a great title because you know what you’re getting, which is the big problem with the Oberhauser business.

EON: “Our movie title is SPECTRE!”
    Fans: “YEAH BLOFELD IS BACK!”
    EON: “Christoph Waltz is playing Oberhauser…”
    Fans: “…uh huh, sure”.

It’s kind of embarrassing how EON underestimated how savvy Bond fans are. After we figured out Eve was Moneypenny, why bother with that transparent hat trick?
    I think they were onto a great title idea using "time"...I just wish they had come up with a bit more poetic title. All The Time In The World is too spoilery, I think. But not as bad as A Reason To Die.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think they were onto a great title idea using "time"...I just wish they had come up with a bit more poetic title.

I like that it links back to a Cubby Broccoli movie from the 50s though, I think that's a good enough reason to use it.
  • BenjaminBenjamin usa
    edited October 2021 Posts: 59
    Dead Reckoning is a chapter title from Moonraker.

(But we've already had too much death and references to death in the various movie titles. Plus there's already a Bogart movie with that title.)
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 2,887
    Some Fleming chapter titles that could possibly be used:

A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate

The Nature of Evil

The Silver Phantom

Valley of Shadows

Terror by Sea

Cards With A Stranger

Take it from Here

The Persuader

The Eye That Never Sleeps

The Job Comes Second

Death Is So Permanent

The Slaughterer

The Wizard of Ice

The Beautiful Lure

The Killing Bottle

Choice of Weapons

The Finger on the Trigger

The Long Scream

All to Play For

Enemy Action

The Pressure Room

Crime de la Crime

The Last Trick

The Crash of Guns

Take it Easy Mr. Bond

When the Kissing Stopped

The Shadower

Naked Warfare

The Gambit of Shame

Fork Left for Hell

Blood-Lift

Hell's Delight

The Question Room

Blood and Thunder

I don't expect everyone to like all--or even most--of these titles, but I will scoff at anyone who says none of them are usable. I would also nominate Fleming's working title for OHMSS--The Belles of Hell--if it fits a future Bond film.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 5,921
    I think they were onto a great title idea using "time"...I just wish they had come up with a bit more poetic title.

I like that it links back to a Cubby Broccoli movie from the 50s though, I think that's a good enough reason to use it.

Very much agreed.

Some of the other working titles are not bad, such as The Rough With The Smooth. Even a rejected Fleming title can be better than a faux-Fleming one.

I'm pretty sure Shatterhand was Safin's original name.

And I also think they used a couple of the Danny Boyle sets, namely the missile silo and the Cuba street.

Whatever happened to the old helicopter they bought? Remember when that was the big news?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Yeah it just can't be used, it would be a laughing stock. "Loud enough to wake the dead" etc.

SHATTERHAND, then.

Okay, okay.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think they were onto a great title idea using "time"...I just wish they had come up with a bit more poetic title. All The Time In The World is too spoilery, I think. But not as bad as A Reason To Die.

"Time" is the most used noun in the English language. So about time they used it, at least this one time.
  • BenjaminBenjamin usa
    edited October 2021 Posts: 59
    Revelator wrote: »
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate...

A bit long, but I like this one. If you had to pick one, I'd go with Whisper of Hate, but then in the story you could put a whisper of love back into it somehow.

• RyanRyan Canada
    Revelator wrote: »
    I don't expect everyone to like all--or even most--of these titles, but I will scoff at anyone who says none of them are usable. I would also nominate Fleming's working title for OHMSS--The Belles of Hell--if it fits a future Bond film.

As an added bonus - I think AC/DC have already written the title song for that one. ;)

The Elegant Venus and Seascape With Figures were two Fleming chapter titles I always liked. I'm all for using some of the Gardner titles and other continuation novels.

Since they love following trends, they could call it: SOLO: A JAMES BOND STORY.

My hunch is they'll keep it simple and call it JAMES BOND 007.
    Going the route of “James Bond,” “Bond,” “007,” or “James Bond 007” would definitely ensure every other title becomes preferred by me.
  • JMPJMP
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The Elegant Venus and Seascape With Figures were two Fleming chapter titles I always liked. I'm all for using some of the Gardner titles and other continuation novels.

Since they love following trends, they could call it: SOLO: A JAMES BOND STORY.

My hunch is they'll keep it simple and call it JAMES BOND 007.

If they are going to do that then they'll use: 007 in New York. At least it is a Fleming title and it achieves the same purpose.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The problem I have with the chapter titles is they sound more like crime novels, and are incredibly flowery. I can't see EON using them, and while using Fleming is always nice, I think this would be a pointless exercise because the chapter titles also don't hold the same weight.
  • Denbigh wrote: »
    The problem I have with the chapter titles is they sound more like crime novels, and are incredibly flowery. I can't see EON using them, and while using Fleming is always nice, I think this would be a pointless exercise because the chapter titles also don't hold the same weight.
    While some of them indeed may sound like crime novels, I wouldn't generalize this observation: "The Death Collector", "Choice of Weapons" or "A Whisper of Hate" could well fit the cinematographic Bond.
    THE KISS OF DEATH as opposed to the kiss of life and Bond's cinematic resuscitation. Of course, it could also be seen as a prophetic indication of what to expect from Bond 26.