Metal Gear Solid (1987 - present)

1212223242527»

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Excellent!

WUrYnqJ.gif
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now if only John Cygan were still alive and all three Snakes could have read that.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Still good 8 years on.

This is even more relevant than ever before. Truly terrifying and eerie.

I am convinced Hideo Kojima is John Titor, and time traveled to the future.
    Konami has green lighted several projects form their cash cow series for remake. MGS3 Snake Eater is set to be the first in the MGS series. This could be the start of something really amazing if they begin to remaster the older games. As long as they don't get a Twin Snakes style remake we should be Ok. Good to see Hideo Kojima will be involved as a consultant with the studio doing it.

https://gamesradar.com/hideo-kojima-reportedly-consulting-on-metal-gear-solid-3-remake/
    I don't really understand why they need to remake Snake Eater, though. For a 17 year-old game I find graphically and gameplay-wise it has aged phenomenally well.
    I don't really understand why they need to remake Snake Eater, though. For a 17 year-old game I find graphically and gameplay-wise it has aged phenomenally well.

Agreed, I have been watching this live 24/7 Metal Gear solid video on YouTube that showcases many of the game, and every time MGS3 comes on, it is still so powerful and beautiful.

I can only assume that since that metal gear solid pachinko slot machine showcased those stunning images and video, fans demanded the remaster. Should have started with a proper MGS1 remake though.
    Is any of this confirmed or just anonymous sources?
    Is any of this confirmed or just anonymous sources?

During my research, not finding anything official from Konami yet. Many gaming sources are providing the details.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    8->
    Omg it’s flipping back

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease let the Master Collection be available on Switch [-O<
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Well crap… I guess I’m getting a PS5 haha.

I do think this is the wrong game to remake. They should just go to the original 8 bit game as that was the most demanded, and there’s SO MUCH to mine from that as a story about a rookie Solid Snake. But I guess they’re going in chronological order? First remake MGS3 and then the original 8 bit MG?

This is a huge deal to me and everyone else who has grown up with Nintendo systems and not branched out so much to Playstation or Xbox. Day 1 purchase, cannot wait to add these classics to my collection.
    Ha! I was gonna wonder if they would include the NES titles. That’s cool.

Surprised they’re not including THE TWIN SNAKES. Regardless of the mixed reactions, that’s still a Nintendo title.
    Ha! I was gonna wonder if they would include the NES titles. That’s cool.

Surprised they’re not including THE TWIN SNAKES. Regardless of the mixed reactions, that’s still a Nintendo title.

If I’m not mistaken, there are rights issues tangling that one up with Silicon Knights. In any case, I much prefer the original version, so I’m not upset at all.
    That makes sense. I prefer the original too, but it would be nice to have all versions available. Like how it’ll have both the MSX and NES versions of the original.