Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

Comments

• Ciarán Hinds would make for a great Blofeld (or villain in general).
    CF128344.jpg?format=1000w
    Ciarán Hinds would make for a great Blofeld (or villain in general).

Funny, I've been advocating that for years. I always imagined him as a TB Blofeld.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Funny, I've been advocating that for years. I always imagined him as a TB Blofeld.

Yup, I had him in my mind’s eye when I recently read TB for the first time.
  • Although he had a small part in FYEO, Charles Dance would make an excellent anti-M type villain.
    Ryan1991 wrote: »
    Although he had a small part in FYEO, Charles Dance would make an excellent anti-M type villain.

Been saying that for years! :)
  • Ciarán Hinds would make for a great Blofeld (or villain in general).

While he would be a good villain, I always though of him as a hypothetical excellent M.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Yup, I had him in my mind’s eye when I recently read TB for the first time.

I always picture him as Blofeld when I read TB. And when Blofeld speaks I hear his voice.
  • quantumspectrequantumspectre argentina
    will be ironic if after all those years, clive owen shows as a bad guy in the next 007 movies.
  • Another suggestion: Kevin Corrigan.
    It's a relatively unknown actor but I think he would have the potential for a great Bond villain. He was awesome in both "Community" and "The Mentalist".

330px-Kevin_Corrigan_2017.jpg
  • EinoRistoSiniahoEinoRistoSiniaho Oulu, Finland
    kobus__waldemar_credit_mats_bergen.jpg
    Waldemar Kobus - perhaps as Hugo von der Drache.
  • SeveSeve The island of Lemoy
    edited October 2021 Posts: 357
    dd0cff1b9ecca6bce49050019d4e4198--character-development-pretty-people.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    Anyone British, as for some reason in Hollywood films, in many cases they pick British actors to be the bad guy in their films.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,895
    It's because we're the only ones who don't take offence when we're portrayed as evil swines! 'No one likes us - we don't care', etc. Er, so I've heard.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Viggo Mortensen
    Ben Mendelsohn
    And the best Blofeld that never was: Werner Herzog. He could have been brilliant.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,518
    I'd like to see Billy Crudup in a Bond film. He could play a charismatic crazy villain, similar to Mendelsohn above IMO.

We've been watching him in The Morning Show (which is great btw); Crudup's villain monologue would be very interesting at least.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Or Crispin Glover, he has a creepy vide about him looks wise. He could resurrect his dad's Mr Wint, the resemblance is uncanny.
  • giphy.gif

I think Benicio Del Toro is deserving of a reprieve. There's even a version of NTTD where I could imagine him as Safin.

However, the person who would absolutely nail a villain role is Leonardo DiCaprio. The next Bond will probably be fairly cheap, so they should blow those spare dollars on getting a bigger name to play the baddie. I know DiCaprio gets offered these type of roles in tentpole films and always declines. However, if the right director is on the project, I think DiCaprio would be tempted to play a Bond villain. After all, Eon have been gunning for prestige directors these days, so it's not an impossibility. DiCaprio has already played a fantastically delicious baddie in Django and has proven he knows how to go ham. He's also one of the best actors working today.

20376348.jpg

Another choice I like is Rooney Mara. I just think she has a kinda evil vibe. Perhaps it's those cheekbones. I do think it a shame that Eon haven't done a female villain since TWINE. That film's villain was really the standout of the film. There is such an inherent frisson of tension and sexiness when you have a female baddie.

rooney-920x518.jpg

Another actress who would be terrific is Margot Robbie. She could be such a devilish villain in a Bond film. We have seen that with Harley Quinn (a character I'm a little mixed on) but Robbie has not played a proper full-bloodied baddie. It would be exciting to imagine her opposite an actor such as Rege-Jean Page or Richard Madden as 007.

screen-shot-2018-03-21-at-4-48-41-pm.png?w=780
    Venutius wrote: »
    It's because we're the only ones who don't take offence when we're portrayed as evil swines! 'No one likes us - we don't care', etc. Er, so I've heard.

Lol, I read that somewhere as well
    And the Germans are in the same boat

But the generic East European has also become very popular

The advantage being, as long as you don't specify which country they are from, no-one can really be offended, plus they all need the work, so can't afford to be offended.
    edited October 2021 Posts: 357
    Chuck Connors.
    R.41faa036ea82e93b0239d44ec49c57e2?rik=p4JJ4sh0uM%2fmKA&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.briansdriveintheater.com%2fwesterns%2fchuckconnors%2fchuckconnors10.jpg&ehk=j82m8wPTeo4olaZ9g%2fby9ExAXcO8lnJ26Ayj3lEn%2ftU%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    Would have made a great Scaramanga, had that film been made a little earlier.

From the movie "'99 and 44/100% Dead!'" starring Richard Harris

Richard and Chuck together, that's a lot of chin action!

I want to see it!!
  • Another choice I like is Rooney Mara. I just think she has a kinda evil vibe. Perhaps it's those cheekbones. I do think it a shame that Eon haven't done a female villain since TWINE. That film's villain was really the standout of the film. There is such an inherent frisson of tension and sexiness when you have a female baddie.

rooney-920x518.jpg

Another actress who would be terrific is Margot Robbie. She could be such a devilish villain in a Bond film. We have seen that with Harley Quinn (a character I'm a little mixed on) but Robbie has not played a proper full-bloodied baddie. It would be exciting to imagine her opposite an actor such as Rege-Jean Page or Richard Madden as 007.

screen-shot-2018-03-21-at-4-48-41-pm.png?w=780

Both are great ideas. While I think Robbie would be better as a Fiona Volpe type character, Mara could be a brilliant main antagonist, maybe in the vein of Nena Bismaquer from Gardner's For Special Services as a female leader for SPECTRE could be a relevant way to reintroduce the organization in the future while leaving aside temporarily, or even permanently, Blofeld.
    Since he likely never will be Bond, I would love to se Michael Fassbender as a villain.
  • I know he’s in everything lately, but Stephen Graham is really bloody good. I do like the idea of Di Caprio too. That’d be a big get, and if any franchise is ever going to snag him for a role, I think Bond has a good chance (since they’ve managed to position themselves as the classy, awards season sort of blockbuster).

I think it has to be a woman next though. We’re really overdue another female villain.
    I'd rather have McConaghay than Di Caprio.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2021 Posts: 5,834
    After seeing Dune, I believe Stephen McKinley Henderson would make an interesting villain.

14_DUNE_VERT_Thufir_Hawat_2764x4096_DOM.jpg
    Sorry if this has been shared here before but here's something about Tom Hopper: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1509431/next-james-bond-netflix-tom-hopper-tom-hardy-richard-madden/amp
    I don't know much about him, but when I saw him in Game of Thrones I thought we might hear of him later as a potential future Bond. Not sure why, but it did cross my mind.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    edited October 2021 Posts: 686
    Sorry if this has been shared here before but here's something about Tom Hopper: https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/1509431/next-james-bond-netflix-tom-hopper-tom-hardy-richard-madden/amp
    I don't know much about him, but when I saw him in Game of Thrones I thought we might hear of him later as a potential future Bond. Not sure why, but it did cross my mind.

I think you've probably posted this in the wrong thread. If I were you I'd repost it in the Who should/could be a Bond actor? *SPOILERS* thread, it will get more traction.

I think you've probably posted this in the wrong thread. If I were you I'd repost it in the Who should/could be a Bond actor? *SPOILERS* thread, it will get more traction.

Oops. Sorry my bad.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Hugh Laurie
    He was incredible as Roper in the night Manager, he could portray the next blofeld with the next Bond actor.
    For the next Blofeld (he will return now that they can use him), I'd rather have a non British and non Anglophone actor. I say this and I always thought Ciaran Hinds would have made a great Blofeld. But someone more akin culturally to the Blofeld of the novel. Ideally a middle aged Polish actor. For OHMSS, back in the days, I'd say the ideal actor would have been Karol Wojtyla: great charisma, very fit, great physical condition, about the right age then. Sadly he had decided to become a priest a few decades earlier.