Last tour of Elvis

edited June 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,640

After 1130 concerts it was now coming to an end.....

Comments

Such a pity....one of the greatest music artists ever to make music. Had he lived he'd be as old as my grandfather right now. Their birthdays aren't that far apart, and in the same year too. I've actually gotten to meet one of Elvis' back-up singers who was a part of The Jordanairs, Ray Walker is his name. He's led singing at my church before actually. Quite a man! He told me that Elvis was the greatest man he's ever worked under.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I adore the man. One of my absolute favorites, who had such feeling in his voice that came through in the music picture perfect. Another I'll never get to see in concert.
    A great performer! My brother is a BIG fan so Elvis was played alot in out house when i was growing up. I am sure Graceland would be a memorable trip to take?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    A great performer! My brother is a BIG fan so Elvis was played alot in out house when i was growing up. I am sure Graceland would be a memorable trip to take?

Yeah I've been to Graceland, once when I was probably 7 or 8 years old. It was a sight to see, I'll tell you that!
    Has to be the ultimate for an Elvis fan to go there? A bit like going to Jamaica to see Goldeneye? Which is on my to do list!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    What are you top favorite Elvis songs, everyone? (I know, it won't be easy)

"It's Now or Never" Classy, romantic, great song
    Undoubtably a legend, shame he wasted his talent by his self destructive abuse.

The wonder of you and Suspicious minds off the top of my head? But there is so many it's a tough call to make? @-)
    My absolute favorites are:

"Burning Love"
    "Can't Help Falling In Love"
    "If I Can Dream" (absolutely beautiful)
    "Suspicious Minds"
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    My Favourite is Suspicious Minds, 2010 Version. Although's not original it became with a good style on Elvis.

We miss him.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    My Favourite is Suspicious Minds, 2010 Version. Although's not original it became with a good style on Elvis.

We miss him.
    A REMAKE?!?!?!?!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

We miss him.
    A REMAKE?!?!?!?!

Uh.. :-? Yes, it's the Remake... The original is good but the new version is more my style, liked it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's too bad that Elvis died...

...when Bond shot the gas tank after coming up the stairs, sending a jet of flame straight into his face while Greene got away...

...when Bond shot the gas tank after coming up the stairs, sending a jet of flame straight into his face while Greene got away...

I see what you did there. I was waiting for someone to make a joke in regards to that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

You can't forget that he lost his pants in the explosion, either.

Now and Then There's a Fool Such as I
    A Little Less Conversation
    Rubberneckin'
    A Big Hunk of Love
    Too Much
    Hound Dog
    Way Down
    Such a shame he let himself go to ruin in the end, too much fast food indulgence' and dependency on pills took their toll in the end and he was gone to soon at a mere 42 years of age, hard to believe 35 years have passed since his demise

Some people to this day, genuinely believe he is still alive, but seems doubtful!
    Such a shame he let himself go to ruin in the end, too much fast food indulgence' and dependency on pills took their toll in the end and he was gone to soon at a mere 42 years of age, hard to believe 35 years have passed since his demise

Some people to this day, genuinely believe he is still alive, but seems doubtful!

Oh sheesh. Some delusion right there! Honestly, how can people actually believe that?!
    Actually there were a number of factors that did make a certain amount of sense that pointed at maybe Elvis didn't really die when he did, but not going to elaborate on them now..

People will believe anything remember... we all thought the world was flat at some point in time etc, or that Madonna was deemed capable of doing a F'n Bond theme even..
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I see what you did there. I was waiting for someone to make a joke in regards to that.

I wonder how many people who watched the film don't even know that Greene's main henchman is named Elvis. He's also supposedly Greene's cousin. I think I read that on the IMDB.
    @Baltimore_007: Yeah I know, it's crazy just what people can be led to believe. I for one just take to the inevitable truth that he's deceased and move on. If he's with The Lord now anyway, then that's even better than him being alive!
    IMO , he never really died......he lives on youtube , TV and whatever technologys coming next......long after we're gone and forgotten he's gonna be remembered , even in 2077.
    Tracy wrote:
    IMO , he never really died......he lives on youtube , TV and whatever technologys coming next......long after we're gone and forgotten he's gonna be remembered , even in 2077.

Let's hope so. This world can't stand to forget men like him, Sinatra, Bogie, and all the other great men and women who paved the way in their respective fields better than any others.
    Elvis, Johnny Cash and The Beatles are my absolute favorite (non-classical) musicians!
    Favorites of Elvis:
    -Kentucky Rain
    -Suspicious Minds
    -If I Can Dream
    -(Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame
    -Burning Love
    -An American Trilogy
    -Always On My Mind
    Presley was in fact a fan of the early James Bond films, particularly with Connery, when he saw Bond with a phone in his car, The King got a bit excited and seemed intent in having one for himself said former wife Priscilla

I think it was feasible enough he could of performed one of the early Bond themes, but it's all what could of been now
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 1,640
    Parker would've charged an arm and a leg for it though......I doubt Broccoli would've wanted to overspend on a theme song......but you never know I guess.
  • I am a big Elvis fan as well, and besides Graceland one should also try and make it out to Palm Springs, CA. Besides being home to two Bond locations from DAF, Palm Springs is also home to two of Elvis' home, both open for tour. First is the Honeymoon Home, which the owner has decorated to look exactly as it was when Elvis was there from Spring 1967-1968. Second is the only other home Elvis owned besides Graceland at the time of his death. In the case of the latter, the owner is currently restoring it, but he still allows fans to go through it if you ask.
    Favorite Elvis songs:
    Tomorrow is A long time-Great Dylan Cover
    A Little Less Conversation from Comeback 1968-Should've been in his tour set in the 70's
    Stranger In my Own Hometown-nice soul/blues song from Memphis 69
    If You Talk in Your Sleep-Elvis goes funk in 1975
    Mystery Train-Early Sun records
    plus a host of others
  • Elvis is probably one of the greatest singers to hold a Microphone. Well, other than Steve Perry. I have to say, if you haven't been to Graceland, you MUST go there at least once. I went last April on a school rock band tour (yes, my school had a rock band program). Even though I'm 19, and obviously never experienced the man while he was alive, standing over his grave was a very emotional experience for me. I adore Elvis. I have since I was a little boy.

I have even studied some of the evidence pointing to him faking his death. It's plausible, but I think now, we will probably never know the truth, so we should just remember him and honor him as a one of the greatests singers and gentlemen of all time.

He still lives on through the many concerts filmed, and some of the very outstanding Elvis Tribute Artists. The best I've seen is probably Shawn Klush. Look him up.

Didn't know he sang "Bridge over....." in '77 , fancy that.