The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2021 Posts: 23,104
    Made in Manchester Shaw cross Maguire goal, get in.

What a night to forget to sub in (and captain) Shaw!

You joking, still on bench? I was going to go with Sterling as Captain though changed to Kane at the last minute.

No, I forgot to put him into my team before the deadline!

Good decision going with Kane. I've found him unimpressive during the tournament, but he looks to have found his form at the right time.

The way England were against Germany I saw signs of big improvement leading into the Ukraine game, England still have a few gears and really have not exploited the attacking power.

I have been critical of Southgate's safety first approach though I now see what he is doing, the way he is setting England up not to be hit on the counter attack is impressive and England's pace certainly up front is scary.

Not sure on my transfers though only need to make a couple so will carry one transfer forward so I have 6 free transfers for the Final.

Can England win it? I am still being cautious, we have not conceded yet so we have not had to chase a game. With our attackers we will be able to battle back if needed.

Edited: I only need to transfer 2 players though will make 4, i know the transfers I will make though with a few days to go will wait for team news. My team is well set up for the final games.
    Made in Manchester Shaw cross Maguire goal, get in.

What a night to forget to sub in (and captain) Shaw!

You joking, still on bench? I was going to go with Sterling as Captain though changed to Kane at the last minute.

No, I forgot to put him into my team before the deadline!

Good decision going with Kane. I've found him unimpressive during the tournament, but he looks to have found his form at the right time.

The way England were against Germany I saw signs of big improvement leading into the Ukraine game, England still have a few gears and really have not exploited the attacking power.

I have been critical of Southgate's safety first approach though I now see what he is doing, the way he is setting England up not to be hit on the counter attack is impressive and England's pace certainly up front is scary.

Not sure on my transfers though only need to make a couple so will carry one transfer forward so I have 6 free transfers for the Final.

Can England win it? I am still being cautious, we have not conceded yet so we have not had to chase a game. With our attackers we will be able to battle back if needed.

Edited: I only need to transfer 2 players though will make 4, i know the transfers I will make though with a few days to go will wait for team news. My team is well set up for the final games.

Indeed, England haven't really exploited their potential. I think there's lot yet to be seen from Sancho and Grealish, for example. They should beat Denmark quite easily; Denmark have a good team, but they have let in a few unnecessary goals in this tournament, and with England's quality up front, they should have a hard time keeping up with them. I won't be surprised if the final will be a game between England and Italy, with England being the winning side in the end.

I think I will use all my five transfers before the semi's. Really not sure who to bring in, but I expect Kane and Sterling is a given.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Had to make my transfers now as busy later on today, I have backed England and Italy strongly. I do have one transfer to spare which leaves me 6 for the Final. Not taken a single hit all tournament so navigated this game reasonably well.
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Had to make my transfers now as busy later on today, I have backed England and Italy strongly. I do have one transfer to spare which leaves me 6 for the Final. Not taken a single hit all tournament so navigated this game reasonably well.

Took a hit myself, just to have some more options. Been busy all day, so my transfers (which I made just now) weren't planned through at all. Just hoping for the best now, haha!

Took a hit myself, just to have some more options. Been busy all day, so my transfers (which I made just now) weren't planned through at all. Just hoping for the best now, haha!

P.Torres is benched so I almost made a transfer without thinking lol then i remembered i don't have unlimited Transfers. I have a few Denmark and Spain just in case the unthinkable happens.

P.Torres is benched so I almost made a transfer without thinking lol then i remembered i don't have unlimited Transfers. I have a few Denmark and Spain just in case the unthinkable happens.

Same here. I've tried to cover the remaining teams as much as possible. I got Limitless left though.

Same here. I've tried to cover the remaining teams as much as possible. I got Limitless left though.

That's the perfect chip to have left, the way this game is set up you will know the final lineups before the deadline to make which ever changes are needed.

That's the perfect chip to have left, the way this game is set up you will know the final lineups before the deadline to make which ever changes are needed.

I hope to benefit from using that chip in the final. Haven't been able to pick up many points during the tournament, so playing Limitless will be the opportunity to hopefully make a small climb in the rankings.
    Making my transfers early as I will be playing a bit of football myself (cageball to be exact) before the game starts. Can only hope there won't be any surprises in the lineups!
    Only just made my transfers and made a howler lol
    Only just made my transfers and made a howler lol

What was the howler you made?
    Congratulations on winning the Back of the Net! league, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Cheers I have yet to check my team lol I did not make any subs during the game either, I was too locked into the drama. :))

Cheers I have yet to check my team lol I did not make any subs during the game either, I was too locked into the drama. :))

Could you make subs during the final?!

You could during any game if you had players on the bench from teams playing, I never ended up doing it as I only read it the the rules minutes before the Final. Plus the early games I rarely had the option on the bench so probably would never have done it.

That's why I made a howler by selecting Calvert Lewin as he was never going to be involved.

You could during any game if you had players on the bench from teams playing, I never ended up doing it as I only read it the the rules minutes before the Final. Plus the early games I rarely had the option on the bench so probably would never have done it.

That's why I made a howler by selecting Calvert Lewin as he was never going to be involved.

Browsed through the rules, and couldn't find anything about this. Where did it say so?

Browsed through the rules, and couldn't find anything about this. Where did it say so?

I cant get on the page at the moment, though during the final DCL, Emerson and Pickford I cant remember the other player were all live players ready to be subbed in.

I cant get on the page at the moment, though during the final DCL, Emerson and Pickford I cant remember the other player were all live players ready to be subbed in.

I checked the page once during the final, but they didn't come up as live players to me. Strange! I had Bonucci stuck on the bench as well…

I checked the page once during the final, but they didn't come up as live players to me. Strange! I had Bonucci stuck on the bench as well…

I had a few drinks it could have blurred my perception :)) I very rarely drink and wish I had not, even more so because we lost.

I had a few drinks it could have blurred my perception :)) I very rarely drink and wish I had not, even more so because we lost.

Haha! You might be right though, and that it was a bug at my end which didn't show the bench players as active. Annoying though, as those points from Bonucci would have been really helpful!
    I think I had Bonucci and Shaw so some points at least... Onto FPL will probably give it a week then see what real life transfers take place and start planning for GW1, its really not that far away.
    I think I had Bonucci and Shaw so some points at least... Onto FPL will probably give it a week then see what real life transfers take place and start planning for GW1, its really not that far away.

FPL is just around the corner! Haven't done much planning yet; I haven't even looked at my current team for a month or so. I found formation to be the main dilemma setting up those first drafts, and I expect that will be one of the things I'll spend most time on deciding leading up to the first gameweek.

FPL is just around the corner! Haven't done much planning yet; I haven't even looked at my current team for a month or so. I found formation to be the main dilemma setting up those first drafts, and I expect that will be one of the things I'll spend most time on deciding leading up to the first gameweek.

I am seriously considering hitting my bench boost on day one.

I am seriously considering hitting my bench boost on day one.

Really? That's a ballsy move!
    Not a fan of the chip and it means it is out of the way admittedly it could be used of double GW's though it mean building up a strong bench over a period of time.
    I won't rule out playing Bench Boost in a single gameweek, as that could work out fine if fixtures are good. The issue with playing it in gameweek 1 is that we don't know which teams will hit the ground running.

But I get that playing it early means that you don't have to have it in mind anymore.
    I won't rule out playing Bench Boost in a single gameweek, as that could work out fine if fixtures are good. The issue with playing it in gameweek 1 is that we don't know which teams will hit the ground running.

But I get that playing it early means that you don't have to have it in mind anymore.

True though if it works out could get a lead on other managers.

Indeed. It's a risk you need to consider the upsides and downsides with. Personally, I'm saving the chip until we know more about doubles gameweeks, blanks etc.

Indeed. It's a risk you need to consider the upsides and downsides with. Personally, I'm saving the chip until we know more about doubles gameweeks, blanks etc.

It's barely been a week and United are playing Derby in a preseason friendly tomorrow, looking forward to watching it and seeing our younger players like Diallo. Day off so will start looking at my FPL team tomorrow.

Sounds like United will get Varane and Trippier very soon which is encouraging for the new season.

I need to make decisions about my defence and decide if I free up cash or go strong. I will likely have one premium defender minimum.

It's barely been a week and United are playing Derby in a preseason friendly tomorrow, looking forward to watching it and seeing our younger players like Diallo. Day off so will start looking at my FPL team tomorrow.

Sounds like United will get Varane and Trippier very soon which is encouraging for the new season.

I need to make decisions about my defence and decide if I free up cash or go strong. I will likely have one premium defender minimum.

I see that people have different opinions re. the defence this season; some have a very strong back three or four, while others push more funds into midfield. Right now, I'm a bit unsure which tactic to go for as there are potential upsides in both a strong defence and a midfield. All my drafts have been very light in attack, with only two or three mid-priced or not so premium forwards.

Arsenal have started their preseason with matches against Hibs and Rangers. They've been horrible to put it mildly… Expect United will look very different.