The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Maehle with a goal get in so glad I kept him. 3 - 0

Harry Wilson sent off.

He's had a good tournament so far.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Just realised 1 extra point for a goal scored outside the box.
    4 - 0 ouch! lol

Denmark Dark Horses they looked good.

Just realised 1 extra point for a goal scored outside the box.

Didn't know that!
    4 - 0 ouch! lol

Denmark Dark Horses they looked good.

Great team performance by Denmark, which is their advantage vs. teams that rely on more individual qualities.
    Mæhle!!!

He has the best name in the competition for sure! ;)
    Decent start by Austria, Italy not dealing with the press that well.
    jobo wrote: »
    Mæhle!!!

Haha, yes!

Italy have been off so far. Need to create more chances.
    Mæhle!!!

Haha, yes!

England beat Austria 1 - 0 a few months ago, they frustrated England for long periods. Italy need to score first here I think.
    If it was Spain, they would call this "sterile possession" ;)
    Italy are a good side there is not disputing that, though how much did the opposition and home advantage in the group stages contribute to there success in the tournament so far.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Mæhle!!!

Haha, yes!

England beat Austria 1 - 0 a few months ago, they frustrated England for long periods. Italy need to score first here I think.

Yes, it's a game that really needs that first goal. So far, it's been very uneventful.
    Creating chances against teams that defend deep and do it well is always going to be hard. English pundits used to make fun of Barca for struggling to break down Simeone's Atletico. Then a Liverpool side being hailed by the same pundits as "one of the best attacking teams ever" went to the Wanda and had zero shots on goal for ninety minutes. It is not really about "possesion vs route one", what matters is that some teams give you space and some don't.

I don't think Italy is playing badly today, but Austria are defending well. And it's no doubt that Italy during their incredible run of results have played no heavy hitters.
    Indeed, Italy has not played bad at all.
    Despite having 4 Italy players in my fantasy team I want Austria to win this, it would be a great achievement for them.
    WOW!!!!! Austria take the lead... VAR... Goal offside.
    Need those points. Come on Italy!
    I am a VAR defender, but those moments when a whole nation celebrates ecstatically to then be crushed with disappointment later, are incredibly cruel...
    It certainly plays with the emotions of the supporters and players, that's for sure!
    Two of my players subbed off.

The VAR decisions seem to take longer than they should.

When I watch United because of VAR I am often hesitant to celebrate.
    Just thought if this ends 0 - 0 and Austria win on penalties will I still get Italy clean sheet points?
    Chiesa goal, Spinazzola (C) assist.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241

Oooh, good captaincy pick!
    Just thought if this ends 0 - 0 and Austria win on penalties will I still get Italy clean sheet points?

Good question. Really not sure.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 7,500
    It has surprised me that Chiesa hasn't played more this tournament, and here he proves why. I like Berardi too, but Chiesa is better put bluntly.

Spinazzola on 18 points will probably keep him as Captain now.
    I have has surprised me that Chiesa hasn't played more this tournament, and here he proves why. I like Berardi too, but Chiesa is better put bluntly.

Great piece of Skill from Chiesa.
    Game well and truly over, credit to Austria though.
    Game well and truly over, credit to Austria though.

Austria have been brilliant this game.
    It has surprised me that Chiesa hasn't played more this tournament, and here he proves why. I like Berardi too, but Chiesa is better put bluntly.

Yes, given how he's played when on the pitch, it is surprising that he hasn't been given more minutes.

Spinazzola on 18 points will probably keep him as Captain now.

That's probably a good decision. There are several games in the round of 16 that are difficult to predict.
    There goes the clean sheet, well deserved goal to be fare.
    Really needed that Italy clean sheet…