The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

jobo wrote: »
    Having no spot for Ronaldo has really hurt my rankings. No point trying to get him now though. It's best to wait and see if they make it through the group stages.

Really looking forward to Portugal-France now!

What is the point scoring system for tap-ins on an open goal from 4 meters? ;)

(Genuinly curious, just slightly sarcastic)

A goal is a goal, as simple as that! :-)
    Having no spot for Ronaldo has really hurt my rankings. No point trying to get him now though. It's best to wait and see if they make it through the group stages.

I think France, Germany and Portugal may all get through with this 4 best third place teams advancing. Already made two transfers for next Matchday.

I don't think Ronaldo will do much vs France, Mbappe will have a field day on the flanks against Portugal's defence. Bruno worries me in this competition he looks exhausted.

That could very well happen. So much can happen still.

Yes, Bruno hasn't looked his best. Not the only player showing signs of a long season. Really want to bring in Mbappé, but the only way to do it is for Lukaku.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I think France, Germany and Portugal may all get through with this 4 best third place teams advancing. Already made two transfers for next Matchday.

I don't think Ronaldo will do much vs France, Mbappe will have a field day on the flanks against Portugal's defence. Bruno worries me in this competition he looks exhausted.

Yes, Bruno hasn't looked his best. Not the only player showing signs of a long season. Really want to bring in Mbappé, but the only way to do it is for Lukaku.

Decided to use one of my Chips, though will have to keep an eye on team news before the later kick off, hopefully I will get some idea of who is playing for Italy before the deadline.

Decided to use one of my Chips, though will have to keep an eye on team news before the later kick off, hopefully I will get some idea of who is playing for Italy before the deadline.

Yes, the Italy lineup is pretty decisive for my moves as well. Have no idea what to do with my team right now!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Yes, the Italy lineup is pretty decisive for my moves as well. Have no idea what to do with my team right now!

Mancini will definitely not want to lose vs wales as Wales can still win the group so some key player should start.

Interesting Rowe will be good value if he keeps progressing. Auba's price dropped if I remember correctly.

Mancini will definitely not want to lose vs wales as Wales can still win the group so some key player should start.

Interesting Rowe will be good value if he keeps progressing. Auba's price dropped if I remember correctly.

Can only hope Mancini plays the key players we need to see starting!

Smith Rowe is the only interesting Arsenal asset out of these. Auba is too expensive at 10.0, as a forward, and the defence isn't worth looking at.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Salah 12.5
    TAA 7.5
    Robertson 7.0
    Jota 7.5

Raphihna 6.5
    Bamford 8.0

I already have a few players earmarked for my first draft.
    Salah 12.5
    TAA 7.5
    Robertson 7.0
    Jota 7.5

Raphihna 6.5
    Bamford 8.0

We can already start making first drafts with these reveals! :))
    Salah 12.5
    TAA 7.5
    Robertson 7.0
    Jota 7.5

Raphihna 6.5
    Bamford 8.0

Looking at the fixtures I know two players barring injury i will definitely get in early. :))
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Salah 12.5
    TAA 7.5
    Robertson 7.0
    Jota 7.5

Raphihna 6.5
    Bamford 8.0

Looking at the fixtures I know two players barring injury i will definitely get in early. :))

I've already made a quick mock draft with the price reveals we have so far. :))

I might have a team structure of sorts in place, depending on further price reveals:
    Guaita (4.5) - Second GK (4.0)

Mitchell (4.5) - Tarkowski (5.0) - Alexander-Arnold (7.5) - Defender (4.5) - Defender (4.0)

Raphinha (6.5) - Salah (12.5) - Smith Rowe (5.5) – Midfielder (12.5) - Midfielder (9.5)

Bamford (8.0) - Wood (7.0) - – Striker (4.5)

I will likely go cheap as usual with the GK (likely a 4.5/4.0 combo). Don't know about the defence yet, but a premium or two is likely, if not a mid price option – as well as a cheap playing one, and a 4.0 defender to complete the defender position.

Raphinha at 6.5 looks like a must have. It will also be difficult to go without Salah, I think. Smith Rowe is a cheap playing option for now (I might downgrade if needed). The final two midfield spots are entirely depending on team structure, and the price of premium strikers. Bamford ans Wood make up the playing striker spots for now, with the final spot being a 4.5 (non-playing or playing) option.
    Agree Raphihna at that price is a must have for sure, i will likely go with a weak bench assuming we wont get lock downs again etc. I was frustrated last season having too many points on my bench, I will have a few low priced players and a good cheap starting asset if needed.

Italy make 8 changes.

No Italian players for me in this one, Bale in and Captain as a punt. Think it may be a score draw.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Agree Raphihna at that price is a must have for sure, i will likely go with a weak bench assuming we wont get lock downs again etc. I was frustrated last season having too many points on my bench, I will have a few low priced players and a good cheap starting asset if needed.

I think we might get away with weaker benches this season more than last season, with vaccinations underway etc. It will make fielding a good starting eleven much easier, that's for sure!
    Italy make 8 changes.

No Italian players for me in this one, Bale in and Captain as a punt. Think it may be a score draw.

Decided to play my wildcard. Could have picked Limitless instead, but I haven't had the best of starts, and might as well attack the fixtures in Matchday 3, saving the Limitless for later in the tournament.

I think we might get away with weaker benches this season more than last season, with vaccinations underway etc. It will make fielding a good starting eleven much easier, that's for sure!
    Italy make 8 changes.

Decided to play my wildcard. Could have picked Limitless instead, but I haven't had the best of starts, and might as well attack the fixtures in Matchday 3.

I almost made 3 late changes though sticking with my team. No idea what the result will be in the Italy game, so many changes for Italy i just cant back them.

Italy make 8 changes.

Decided to play my wildcard. Could have picked Limitless instead, but I haven't had the best of starts, and might as well attack the fixtures in Matchday 3.

I almost made 3 late changes though sticking with my team. No idea what the result will be in the Italy game, so many changes for Italy i just cant back them.

I took the chance on a triple-up. Don't really think that will work out, but prices kept me from bringing in other players.

Italy make 8 changes.

I took the chance on a triple-up. Don't really think that will work out, but prices kept me from bringing in other players.

So far so good for Italy, they look like they are out numbering Wales allover the pitch. Wales have been poor, Bale not done much.

Italy make 8 changes.

So far so good for Italy, they look like they are out numbering Wales allover the pitch. Wales have been poor, Bale not done much.

Didn't have the opportunity to watch the game, but it looks like Wales was no match for this Italy starting eleven. Didn't gain many points from my Italy assets, so I need to get points from Gosens, Torres and Gnabry instead.

Italy make 8 changes.

Didn't have the opportunity to watch the game, but it looks like Wales was no match for this Italy starting eleven. Didn't gain many points from my Italy assets, so I need to get points from Gosens, Torres and Gnabry instead.

I think Germany (at home) vs Hungary could be another goal fest, Hungary have done well with home support so far though away they could get battered by Germany, so I got 3 Germany assets in.

More prices released for FPL...

Dias 6.0
    Mahrez 9.0
    Sterling 11.0
    KDB 12.0

I can't see me going near those unless these show a purple patch in form. KDB with his injury's and Pep Roulette puts me off.

Vardy 10.5
    Kane 12.5
    Mane 12.0
    Bruno 12.0
    Rashford 9.5
    Pogba and Greenwood both 7.5
    Cavani 8.5
    Martial 8.0
    Grealish 8.0
    Watkins 7.5

Some teams including Man united and Liverpool have all player prices on there own websites, links on FPL app.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-fantasy-premier-league-fpl-prices-revealed-for-2021-22
    UNITED'S FPL PRICES 2021/22
    Goalkeepers: David De Gea (£5m), Dean Henderson (£5m).
    Defenders: Harry Maguire (£5.5m), Luke Shaw (£5.5m), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (£5.5m), Alex Telles (£5m), Victor Lindelof (£5m), Eric Bailly (£5m), Axel Tuanzebe (£4.5m), Brandon Williams (£4m).
    Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes (£12m), Marcus Rashford (£9.5m), Paul Pogba (£7.5m), Mason Greenwood (£7.5m), Jesse Lingard (£7m), Donny van de Beek (£6m), Daniel James (£6m), Scott McTominay (£5.5m), Fred (£5m), Nemanja Matic (£4.5m).
    Forwards: Edinson Cavani (£8.5m), Anthony Martial (£8m).
    Well I am seriously regretting not having Depay this Matchday, he is back for me next set of games X_X

Dumfries went off early ~X(

I need Yarmolenko to do something.

Thankfully all my Belgium assets start, I need them to bang some goals in, come on Hazard, KDB and Lukaku [-O<
    You know Belgium are taking it easy when they start Hazard... ;)
    You know Belgium are taking it easy when they start Hazard... ;)

If he gets an assist I will be happy.

Italy make 8 changes.

I think Germany (at home) vs Hungary could be another goal fest, Hungary have done well with home support so far though away they could get battered by Germany, so I got 3 Germany assets in.

Indeed, the Germany-Hungary game could be a proper goal fest. I couldn't afford three Germany assets, so I can only hope two is enough!

Dias 6.0
    Mahrez 9.0
    Sterling 11.0
    KDB 12.0

I can't see me going near those unless these show a purple patch in form. KDB with his injury's and Pep Roulette puts me off.

Vardy 10.5
    Kane 12.5
    Mane 12.0
    Bruno 12.0
    Rashford 9.5
    Cavani 8.5
    Martial 8.0
    Grealish 8.0
    Watkins 7.5

Some teams including Man united and Liverpool have all player prices on there own websites, links on FPL app.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-fantasy-premier-league-fpl-prices-revealed-for-2021-22
    Defenders: Harry Maguire (£5.5m), Luke Shaw (£5.5m), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (£5.5m), Alex Telles (£5m), Victor Lindelof (£5m), Eric Bailly (£5m), Axel Tuanzebe (£4.5m), Brandon Williams (£4m).
    Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes (£12m), Marcus Rashford (£9.5m), Paul Pogba (£7.5m), Mason Greenwood (£7.5m), Jesse Lingard (£7m), Donny van de Beek (£6m), Daniel James (£6m), Scott McTominay (£5.5m), Fred (£5m), Nemanja Matic (£4.5m).

It will be difficult to pick any City assets, that's for sure. De Bruyne might find his way into my team though, if I can afford it.

From the other names you mention here, I might try and find a spot for Watkins, Bruno and Shaw. Greenwood is also tempting.
    Well I am seriously regretting not having Depay this Matchday, he is back for me next set of games X_X

Thankfully all my Belgium assets start, I need them to bang some goals in, come on Hazard, KDB and Lukaku [-O<

Didn't have time to change captain before the deadline, so I have no captain tonight…

Italy make 8 changes.

Indeed, the Germany-Hungary game could be a proper goal fest. I couldn't afford three Germany assets, so I can only hope two is enough!

Dias 6.0
    Mahrez 9.0
    Sterling 11.0
    KDB 12.0

Vardy 10.5
    Kane 12.5
    Mane 12.0
    Bruno 12.0
    Rashford 9.5
    Cavani 8.5
    Martial 8.0
    Grealish 8.0
    Watkins 7.5

It will be difficult to pick any City assets, that's for sure. De Bruyne might find his way into my team though, if I can afford it.

From the other names you mention here, I might try and find a spot for Watkins, Bruno and Shaw. Greenwood is also tempting.

Didn't have time to change captain before the deadline, so I have no captain tonight…

If KDB is playing advanced for City he will be a cert like the season before last.

I forgot to pick a captain on one of the days last Matchday, Depay a goal and 2 assists is very painful.

Credit to Austria, I thought Ukraine would score a few in that game. All my eggs are in one basket with Belgium as not sure my other assets will deliver.

Italy make 8 changes.

Dias 6.0
    Mahrez 9.0
    Sterling 11.0
    KDB 12.0

Vardy 10.5
    Kane 12.5
    Mane 12.0
    Bruno 12.0
    Rashford 9.5
    Cavani 8.5
    Martial 8.0
    Grealish 8.0
    Watkins 7.5

If KDB is playing advanced for City he will be a cert like the season before last.

I forgot to pick a captain on one of the days last Matchday, Depay a goal and 2 assists is very painful.

Credit to Austria, I thought Ukraine would score a few in that game. All my eggs are in one basket with Belgium as not sure my other assets will deliver.

Yes, if he does, he might be a season keeper. But we'll see – I'll definitely use the Euros to see how his form develops.

My risky wildcard failed to deliver, by the looks of it. All eggs in the Germany basket now!

Italy make 8 changes.

Dias 6.0
    Mahrez 9.0
    Sterling 11.0
    KDB 12.0

Vardy 10.5
    Kane 12.5
    Mane 12.0
    Bruno 12.0
    Rashford 9.5
    Cavani 8.5
    Martial 8.0
    Grealish 8.0
    Watkins 7.5

Yes, if he does, he might be a season keeper. But we'll see – I'll definitely use the Euros to see how his form develops.

My risky wildcard failed to deliver, by the looks of it. All eggs in the Germany basket now!

Thankfully Lukaku scored even though its only 12 points I may keep him as Captain, KDB got points also thankfully. If I had not played the Unlimited Chip Depay point's would be more than my whole team I think at this point or not far off.
    FPL IS LIVE!!!! FOR 21/22 SEASON :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

I just put a random team together to register....

mRESkVL.png

I noticed Dallas is now a midfielder. :-O

---

Edited: Just put a pretty good first draft together, already looking forward to FPL despite being half way through Euro's :))

Italy make 8 changes.

Dias 6.0
    Mahrez 9.0
    Sterling 11.0
    KDB 12.0

Vardy 10.5
    Kane 12.5
    Mane 12.0
    Bruno 12.0
    Rashford 9.5
    Cavani 8.5
    Martial 8.0
    Grealish 8.0
    Watkins 7.5

Thankfully Lukaku scored even though its only 12 points I may keep him as Captain, KDB got points also thankfully. If I had not played the Unlimited Chip Depay point's would be more than my whole team I think at this point or not far off.

I feel your pain! Took out Depay and Lukaku on my wildcard…
    FPL IS LIVE!!!! FOR 21/22 SEASON :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

I just put a random team together to register....

mRESkVL.png

I noticed Dallas is now a midfielder. :-O

---

Edited: Just put a pretty good first draft together, already looking forward to FPL despite being half way through Euro's :))

I'm on my second draft already! The team is not that balanced yet, but it might not need to be either. Many more drafts to go, though! :))
    Sterling goal Grealish assist, I really don't enjoy watching England lol

Scotland losing woe is me lol
    Sterling goal Grealish assist, I really don't enjoy watching England lol

Scotland losing woe is me lol

Great cross by Grealish that!