The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Italy scored for real this time, Locatellie goal, Barardi assist.
    Italy scored for real this time, Locatellie goal, Barardi assist.

A lovely assist that!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Captaincy stick or twist is todays question, will Lukaku score more than 1 if any vs Denmark?
    Denmark certainly fired up, leading 1 - 0 could be more on an emotional night.
    Captaincy stick or twist is todays question, will Lukaku score more than 1 if any vs Denmark?
    Denmark certainly fired up, leading 1 - 0 could be more on an emotional night.

Doesn't look like Lukaku's game, this…
    I had Depay as Captain and switched to Lukaku at the last minute.

The returning KDB looking world class.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 17,241

I considered Depay, but kept it on Lukaku. The Denmark defence have at times done well to keep him out of the game. De Bruyne has been great tonight; Martínez must be really happy having him back available.

I considered Depay, but kept it on Lukaku. The Denmark defence have at times done well to keep him out of the game. De Bruyne has been great tonight; Martínez must be really happy having him back available.

Lukaku scored twice against Denmark recently so i dare not risk not selecting as captain, saying that ultimately Bruno or Ronaldo will be my Captain now and I knew I would probably rely on one of them.

Lukaku scored twice against Denmark recently so i dare not risk not selecting as captain, saying that ultimately Bruno or Ronaldo will be my Captain now and I knew I would probably rely on one of them.

Will have to rely on Griezmann myself. Decent fixture, but you never know who'll deliver the goals in that France team.

Will have to rely on Griezmann myself. Decent fixture, but you never know who'll deliver the goals in that France team.

Frances mentality concerns me regarding there assets, I can see them regularly seeing out tight games 1 - 0. They should score a hatful vs Hungary though.
    Dam I did not even bother changing my Captain today to one of my playing featuring gr.

Frances mentality concerns me regarding there assets, I can see them regularly seeing out tight games 1 - 0. They should score a hatful vs Hungary though.

Yes, that a good point, although I expect them to be professional enough to put aside conflicts for the better of the team.
    Dam I did not even bother changing my Captain today to one of my playing featuring gr.

I did my transfer last night just to be sure. It's so easy to forget these early kickoffs!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,105
    If England don't win by 2 or 3 goals I will be shocked. Looking at both teams England should beat Scotland with ease... come on ENGLAND!

That rain could be an equalizer.
    England poor in first half way too slow though really should have scored, get Grealish on.

Kane, Sterling and James I would take off if they don't improve.
    Uneventful game so far. Grealish to come on?

Most managers would have brought him on already, Southgate does not seem to be a fan.

Most managers would have brought him on already, Southgate does not seem to be a fan.

Seems a bit strange he didn't bring him on sooner. And what about Sancho? Surely he needs to play in this England team!
    Rashford on for Kane, had to happen Kane been very poor.
    Rashford on for Kane, had to happen Kane been very poor.

Hardly noticed him in this match.
    England's safety first tactics may backfire, this is garbage.
    Oh dear oh dear, that was terrible.

Scotland played well, I think. A draw was a good result for them.

As for England, there will no doubt be questions re. the team selection. Sancho is the in-form player right now, so why not start him?

As for England, there will no doubt be questions re. the team selection. Sancho is the in-form player right now, so why not start him?

England not looking as bad now, Hungary just scored leading France 1 - 0 before half time. No game is easy if the opposition fight.

Glad I did not hit a chip, I was going to bring in three France defenders if I did lol

Griezman equalizes on 65 minute mark dam lol, Mbappe assist.

England not looking as bad now, Hungary just scored leading France 1 - 0 before half time. No game is easy if the opposition fight.

Glad I did not hit a chip, I was going to bring in three France defenders if I did lol

Haha, I would have brought in three France defs too, if I played a chip :))

Happy with the Griezmann goal, but a bad matchday for my team with only two players left. Really not sure when I'll play my chips. My team doesn't look too bad for matchday 3.

Haha, I would have brought in three France defs too, if I played a chip :))

Happy with the Griezmann goal, but a bad matchday for my team with only two players left. Really not sure when I'll play my chips. My team doesn't look too bad for matchday 3.

Been thinking about starting Drafts for Matchday 3, though best to wait until todays games have finished. Belgium, Holland and Italy may rest players with already having 6 points.

Ronaldo my Captain, hopefully he will breach the weak German defence, really looking forward to that game.
    Woo hoo Ronny again, early Germany pressure though Portugal take lead after good counter attack. Jota assist.
    Germany 2 - 1 two Portugal own goals 38 mins :-O glad I don't have any Portugal defenders.

Germany 4 - 1 60 minutes mark crikey!

Germany 4 - 2 Portugal, Jota goal, Ronaldo assist.
    Having no spot for Ronaldo has really hurt my rankings. No point trying to get him now though. It's best to wait and see if they make it through the group stages.

Really looking forward to Portugal-France now!
    Having no spot for Ronaldo has really hurt my rankings. No point trying to get him now though. It's best to wait and see if they make it through the group stages.

What is the point scoring system for tap-ins on an open goal from 4 meters? ;)

(Genuinly curious, just slightly sarcastic)

I think France, Germany and Portugal may all get through with this 4 best third place teams advancing. Already made two transfers for next Matchday.

I don't think Ronaldo will do much vs France, Mbappe will have a field day on the flanks against Portugal's defence. Bruno worries me in this competition he looks exhausted.