More Stealth Action

edited June 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 228
Remember when Bond and 006 secretly infiltrated the chemical plant in the mid- beginning of GE. It felt eerie, dark and realistically exciting because it kept you wondering, will they be seen by guards ??

Remember in the beginning of GF Bond is sneaking around , swims quietly with the duck disguise on his head and manages to sneak in the club with no suspicion.

These moments were great because it kept you off your feet wondering if bond would get caught or manage to stay hidden .

I want to see more stealth in the bond series, but longer lasting stealth scenes and scenarios
that keep you wondering. It be awesome for Craig's Bond to sneak into a terrorist base in the mountains of Afghanistan, be parachuted down miles away to stay off of radar, manage to sneak and infiltrate the base totally undetected, steal information with his Q-branch iphone by wirelessly hacking the terrorists computer database, and blow the place to bits while escaping.

Now some of you may think, " the infiltration scenes would be too bland without being detected then leading to more action sequences. " but the stealthily done infiltration scenes could have bond coming very close to being detected, perhaps a guard sees bond, but bond quickly shoots him in the head with his silenced walther ppk. Bond then needs to hide the body quickly in a good spot before guards are alerted. The infiltration can also include bond talking to Q through his earpiece about upcoming surveillance cameras and thermal sensors.

As you can see a more stealth oriented bond film could bring in a fresh feel with a eerier feel than just the usuall action scenarios.

Conclusion is I want to see bond sneak more and kill while undetected .

your thoughts?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've wanted to see this for some time now. Craig has his own level of sneakiness, and that's by distraction: crashing the car in the hotel parking lot so he can sneak into the security office and watch the tapes in CR, and stalking the guy at Tosca to steal his ear piece in QoS, but the level of stealth in the opening of GE has always been enjoyable to me, and when that alarm sounds, they have to rush and improvise. I love it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I do think this type of sequence needs to make a return and maybe as it's yet to be done with Craig, it'll be thought about for the next film? One hopes anyway. It was done very well in both Goldfinger and GoldenEye.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I do think this type of sequence needs to make a return and maybe as it's yet to be done with Craig, it'll be thought about for the next film? One hopes anyway. It was done very well in both Goldfinger and GoldenEye.

Indeed it was, and I would love to see it make a return, even for just a film. I wonder if, since Craig is more of the gritty, hands-on, brutal Bond, we will ever see him take a stab at a proper stealth sequence. Time will tell.
    Would welcome this too. GE is a very good example.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Indeed it was, and I would love to see it make a return, even for just a film. I wonder if, since Craig is more of the gritty, hands-on, brutal Bond, we will ever see him take a stab at a proper stealth sequence. Time will tell.

I think anything is likely. We've had, soon to be, three, quite different films so far with what they aim to tackle. I reckon this will continue.

Stealth may be looked into, if the action really can take a back seat.
    There have been some great stealth scenes. GF, GE, LTK, all had great stealth sequences. Something like this would be great.

Great stealth scene. I love the shot of him walking through the kitchen as he applies the suppressor.
    I do agree that we need some more stealth. @TouchMyButtons hit the nail on the head with mentioning the facility raid in the PTS of GoldenEye. That's Bond stealth at its finest, and I'm not just saying that because GE is my number 1 favorite. You've got the soundtrack which fits the mood perfectly and your curiosity upon first viewing as you wonder whether or not this mission will be blown or not. Other honorable mentions go to Bond's search for Drax's laboratory in Venice, Bond's search for Whisper's car at the Oh Cult Voodoo Shop garage, and Bond's search for Paula at Palmyra.
    "Half of everything is luck, James."
    "...and the other half?"
    *ALARM*
    "Fate."

I love that stealth-to-action snap.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "...and the other half?"
    *ALARM*
    "Fate."

Can I get an amen?
    AMEN!
    AMEN!

Thank you brother Buttons! And the congregation said, "AAAAAMMMMEEEENNNN!!!!" Hahaha.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "...and the other half?"
    *ALARM*
    "Fate."

Another stealth to action would be my favorite scene of QoS. The Opera House.

Bond sneaks in, steals a tux, KO's a quantum guy, watches the show, spoils the fun and ends it looking ever so cool.
    @TouchMyButtons I saw your 'artwork' earlier today and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. The last thing expected on a family friendly discussion site for one. Some participants appear not to like you and you did yourself no favors again today with another unconventional bout of asinine nonsense, I don't know what you were thinking of. Those biscuits ain't cooked kid :-<

I think it's in the best interest todays little episode is swiftly moved on from, but for the benefit of this thread, Bond works in stealth mode when it's plausible, the 'gator disguise, or gorilla outfit or indeed clown set up in Octopussy was all a lot of nonsense I felt sometimes, but I have no problem with Bond going about his business in his usual fashion, I think 'stealth mode' for Bond is more suited to games releases than the actual movie series itself on indeed novels
    @Murdock, indeed. The silence that hits as Dominic bails one way, James takes off the other, and just starts taking down Greene's men with shot after shot.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 5,767
    I´m all the way with you boys. Stealth should be a solid part in Bond films. You can play so nicely with people´s expectations. Like, ah Bond is sneaking into some place again, been there done that, and then go somewhere unexpected. It would be good opportunities to let the film breathe in between action scenes.
    I also enjoyed the cat and mouse game between Bond and Red Grant at the start of FRWL. Be nice for something like that too in the future where we see the roles reversed perhaps? Where although you only see parts of Bond's body persuing a rather panic ridden villain who is trying to lose him?