The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,102
    I think United may get a 3 point deduction and to be honest I think they should, I think some of the fans went to far. Liverpool should be awarded the win IMO.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Because of yesterday I have minus 7 players in my squad, a disastrous GW.

United are bound to suffer more demonstrations with home games, I think it may be wise to sell my United assets and save myself a headache.

Edited: Just realised we have a Double GW next...
    t2VVNug.png
    Holding not making the match day squad and Dias being out paid off got Dunk and his 8 points coming off the bench, also Watkins delivering again so far so good. Maybe time to sell Bamford though.

Got to love bench points! I sure hope the United game is only moved to a later date and is pplayed this gameweek, as I have six players in that match alone!

Likewise I avoided the result and news to watch the full game now, only just found out it was postponed. The protest won't change anything.

Protests are pretty useless. The owners of the clubs won't start considering selling only because fans show their disappointment.

I think United may get a 3 point deduction and to be honest I think they should, I think some of the fans went to far. Liverpool should be awarded the win IMO.

Has there been any reports of this being the case?

United are bound to suffer more demonstrations with home games, I think it may be wise to sell my United assets and save myself a headache.

t2VVNug.png

It's difficult to planning on selling United assets with the double coming up – and with the game against Liverpool to be rescheduled.

But if they blank in gameweek 36, it's best to plan for an exit strategy.
    Holding not making the match day squad and Dias being out paid off got Dunk and his 8 points coming off the bench, also Watkins delivering again so far so good. Maybe time to sell Bamford though.

Got to love bench points! I sure hope the United game is only moved to a later date and is pplayed this gameweek, as I have six players in that match alone!

Likewise I avoided the result and news to watch the full game now, only just found out it was postponed. The protest won't change anything.

Protests are pretty useless. The owners of the clubs won't start considering selling only because fans show their disappointment.

t2VVNug.png

It's difficult to planning on selling United assets with the double coming up – and with the game against Liverpool to be rescheduled.

There was a discussion about the Old Trafford security and they could be held accountable in certain scenario's. If accountable United could be deducted points, it will be interesting to see the outcome of the investigation.

t2VVNug.png

There was a discussion about the Old Trafford security and they could be held accountable in certain scenario's. If accountable United could be deducted points, it will be interesting to see the outcome of the investigation.

It will be interesting to see. I wonder when the game will be played? Heard some mention on Twitter of the 17th being an opportunity.
    Man United v Liverpool announced to play on May 13th two days after United play Leicester. Which now according to FPL means in GW35 Liverpool have a Double GW and Man United have astonishingly a Treble GW @-)

I am very glad I still have 3 United players, I was close to selling.

I have 4 million in the Bank so Son to Salah here we go.
    Man United v Liverpool announced to play on May 13th two days after United play Leicester. Which now according to FPL means in GW35 Liverpool have a Double GW and Man United have astonishingly a Treble GW @-)

Sounds like a good transfer! I'm already on a Liverpool and United triple-up, so unless there are any injury news, I'll look to spend my two free transfers elsewhere.

_______

I'll be back with the gameweek update (hopefully) tomorrow. Been a very busy week so far.

Sounds like a good transfer! I'm already on a Liverpool and United triple-up, so unless there are any injury news, I'll look to spend my two free transfers elsewhere.

_______

I'll be back with the gameweek update (hopefully) tomorrow. Been a very busy week so far.

Took a 8 point Hit nothing to lose.

What's the deal with Holding since I bought him he has gone missing @Torgeirtrap

_______

Took a 8 point Hit nothing to lose.

What's the deal with Holding since I bought him he has gone missing @Torgeirtrap

I don't know, but I expect Arteta has prioritised playing Holding in EL. I guess he'll feature more in the Prem from now until the end of the season.

The deadline has already passed for gameweek 35, so here's a very late gameweek 34 update! Due to events leading to the United-Liverpool game being postponed, many of us with many players from both teams found this gameweek particularly difficult. Still, we had some good scores as well – best of which was Colombian Sly Foxes, scoring impressive 78 points. Congratulations! =D>

9NZ2ibB.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 32: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 34: Colombian Sly Foxes
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 20 - TOT 2181
    2. Team Extreme: GW 45 - TOT 2059
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 78 - TOT 2045
    4. Liverpool Richmond: GW 38 - TOT 1993
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 41 - TOT 1960
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 30 - TOT 1955
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 51 - TOT 1890
    8. Honesty FC: GW 73 - TOT 1868
    9. False 9 FC: GW 46 - TOT 1820
    10. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 26 - TOT 1803
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 59 - TOT 1803
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 56 - TOT 1726
    13. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 49 - TOT 1666
    14. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 23 - TOT 1663
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 60 - TOT 1636
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 18 - TOT 1555
    17. Anfield FC: GW 49 - TOT 1481
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 31 - TOT 1354
    _________

I'll be back with the captaincy picks later.
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Here are the gameweek 35 captaincy picks!
    Fernandes: 9
    Vardy: 2
    Son: 1
    Salah: 1
    De Bruyne: 1
    Watkins: 1
    Cavani: 1
    Greenwood: 1
    Iheanaco: 1

Since United have a triple gameweek, it's no surprise to see that Fernandes is our (by far) most captained player, backed by nine managers. The rest of the captaincy picks features Greenwood and Cavani from United, and popular picks such as Vardy, Salah and De Bruyne. Good luck everyone!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Since United have a triple gameweek, it's no surprise to see that Fernandes is our (by far) most captained player, backed by nine managers. The rest of the captaincy picks features Greenwood and Cavani from United, and popular picks such as Vardy, Salah and De Bruyne. Good luck everyone!

Iheanaco captain for me again.
    Manu might have to rest some players, even bruno with so many games ?
    Picked up a few points today though I suspect everyone else will have the same players this GW or there abouts.

Iheanaco captain for me again.
    Manu might have to rest some players, even bruno with so many games ?

Off to a good start with a goal and two bonus points!
    Picked up a few points today though I suspect everyone else will have the same players this GW or there abouts.

Active teams are for the most part very similar right now – either player for player, or teams covered. There will no doubt be opportunities to get a rank boost by picking the right differentials for the last few fixtures. The blank next gameweek might be the perfect time to do it.
    Mixed GW had two of my Squad get red cards and some did not turn up on the pitch with poor performances, red arrow across the board for me. Watkins getting a red hurt. I have a few players I need to move on though this late in the game it's pointless. At least I got my Captain right (highly captained though) I know some one who captained Maguire... Ouch!
    Mixed GW had two of my Squad get red cards and some did not turn up on the pitch with poor performances, red arrow across the board for me. Watkins getting a red hurt. I have a few players I need to move on though this late in the game it's pointless. At least I got my Captain right (highly captained though) I know some one who captained Maguire... Ouch!

Maupay got a red too, after full time in the Wolves-Brighton game. What are the chances we get that many reds in a single gameweek! At least Dunk is on your bench and won't come on. Also, Brighton got tricky fixtures coming up, so he's an easy transfer out if you need that defender spot.

Didn't even consider anyone but Fernandes for the captaincy this gameweek. There were several good options (defenders included), but picking a defender would always be a risky move. Maguire might still deliver though, with two games left!

Maupay got a red too, after full time in the Wolves-Brighton game. What are the chances we get that many reds in a single gameweek! At least Dunk is on your bench and won't come on. Also, Brighton got tricky fixtures coming up, so he's an easy transfer out if you need that defender spot.

Didn't even consider anyone but Fernandes for the captaincy this gameweek. There were several good options (defenders included), but picking a defender would always be a risky move. Maguire might still deliver though, with two games left!

Maguire went off injured so very doubtful, saying even doubtful for the Euro's in summer.

Benching wood for Double GW Watkins backfired tremendously. You just cant trust a player with two games over one I have learnt this season. Lingard time to get rid?
    Ole makes ten changes for Leicester game which is wise to honest. Not good for FPL though.

Only Greenwood maintains his place @Torgeirtrap good for you.

Maguire went off injured so very doubtful, saying even doubtful for the Euro's in summer.

Benching wood for Double GW Watkins backfired tremendously. You just cant trust a player with two games over one I have learnt this season. Lingard time to get rid?

Late reply, sorry! Yes, that Maguire injury must be really annoying for owners. You'd think he would be the defender that would play the most in these fixtures, if it wasn't for the injury.

Oh, bad luck about the Wood benching. I'd probably done the same if I had to pick one of them; the allure of a double gameweek is just too tempting. As for Lingard, I'm starting to think it is time to look at options. I can't prioritise getting rid this gameweek, but there are a few players that could be a decent replacement (funds and team structure for the final games depending).
    Ole makes ten changes for Leicester game which is wise to honest. Not good for FPL though.

Glad Greenwood played, as I was quite tempted to replace him before the triple gameweek announcement. Not watching the game tonight, and I see he hasn't started – but I'd be happy if he comes on for a point.

Late reply, sorry! Yes, that Maguire injury must be really annoying for owners. You'd think he would be the defender that would play the most in these fixtures, if it wasn't for the injury.

Oh, bad luck about the Wood benching. I'd probably done the same if I had to pick one of them; the allure of a double gameweek is just too tempting. As for Lingard, I'm starting to think it is time to look at options. I can't prioritise getting rid this gameweek, but there are a few players that could be a decent replacement (funds and team structure for the final games depending).

Glad Greenwood played, as I was quite tempted to replace him before the triple gameweek announcement. Not watching the game tonight, and I see he hasn't started – but I'd be happy if he comes on for a point.

Fernandes scored and Jota this very second scored dam!

Made a transfer though my team is decimated for the blank. still 3 players down from a starting 11 and could be four if Dias is rested not sure what to do.

Made a transfer though my team is decimated for the blank. still 3 players down from a starting 11 and could be four if Dias is rested not sure what to do.

Jota was another player I was close to taking out! Will have to keep him for another gameweek too now.

I sure hope Dias plays, but I wouldn't count on it. Good fixture though, which is why I'm not doing anything about that spot unless we hear news he will be rested. I might be able to field a complete eleven, but will have to take a hit most likely. I have to weigh that -4 up with likely points gained though.

Jota was another player I was close to taking out! Will have to keep him for another gameweek too now.

I sure hope Dias plays, but I wouldn't count on it. Good fixture though, which is why I'm not doing anything about that spot unless we hear news he will be rested. I might be able to field a complete eleven, but will have to take a hit most likely. I have to weigh that -4 up with likely points gained though.

Dunk being suspended for me also does not help, do I risk taking 2 hits at this stage I don't know. I will see what my overall rank is after tonight's game. Liverpool now leading Firmino goal TAA assist.

3 - 1 to Liverpool now Firmino with second goal, TAA second assist.

Dunk being suspended for me also does not help, do I risk taking 2 hits at this stage I don't know. I will see what my overall rank is after tonight's game. Liverpool now leading Firmino goal TAA assist.

3 - 1 to Liverpool now Firmino with second goal, TAA second assist.

The best thing is to not make any early decisions and wait for team news before taking several hits, just to be sure. With only a few gameweeks left you also have to consider the likelihood of gaining those points back. If you manage to get players with decent fixtures and are likely to offer either goal threat and/or are likely to get bonus points, it's worth considering.

This game escalated quickly. 2-4 now!
    Just took a 12 point hit when I only needed to do a 8 point hit ;)) which has now left me with an extra playing attacker on my bench ;)) oh well.
    With a triple gameweek for United, it was no surprise to see a very high gameweek average score, finishing at 83 points. Our league did really well this gameweek too, with all but two teams finishing with a gameweek score higher than the average of the game. Well played!

Best of us all was LVLA Skopje 05, scoring and impressive 137 points. Congratulations! =D>

KrdFdE3.jpg

Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 20: Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 21: Team Extreme
    GW 22: Honesty FC
    GW 23: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 24: Team Extreme
    GW 25: Ayew Crazy!
    GW 26: False 9 FC
    GW 27: BAMSI BEYYEM/Para bailar Lallana!
    GW 28: Shoots...he scores
    GW 29: Team Extreme
    GW 30: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 31: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 32: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 33: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 34: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 35: LVLA Skopje 05

League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 128 - TOT 2309
    2. Team Extreme: GW 122 - TOT 2173
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 96 - TOT 2141
    4. Ayew Crazy!: GW 136 - TOT 2088
    5. Liverpool Richmond: GW 94 - TOT 2083
    6. Cremonese-killen: GW 86 - TOT 2041
    7. MEJICO POWA: GW 86 - TOT 1976
    8. Honesty FC: GW 87 - TOT 1955
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 137 - TOT 1940
    10. False 9 FC: GW 100 - TOT 1916
    11. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 112 - TOT 1907
    12. Shoots...he scores: GW 68 - TOT 1794
    13. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 115 - TOT 1778
    14. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 65 - TOT 1731
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 94 - TOT 1730
    16. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 100 - TOT 1655
    17. Anfield FC: GW 86 – TOT 1567
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 106 – TOT 1460

We got another deadline in 18 minutes, so have your teams ready!
    Just took a 12 point hit when I only needed to do a 8 point hit ;)) which has now left me with an extra playing attacker on my bench ;)) oh well.

Ouch! You never know though, there could be some rotation – which would be very typical in a blank gameweek! :))
    Here are the gameweek 36 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Son: 3
    Calvert-Lewin: 3
    Kane: 2
    Fernandes: I
    Vardy: 1
    Mahrez: 1
    Bamford: 1

We're a bit short for options this gameweek, with several teams blanking. It's no surprise then, to see Liverpool and Spurs assets dominating the captaincy pick list, with Salah the most captained. Good luck everyone!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

We're a bit short for options this gameweek, with several teams blanking. It's no surprise then, to see Liverpool and Spurs assets dominating the captaincy pick list, with Salah the most captained. Good luck everyone!

Kane 222 captain for me this gw.

Ouch! You never know though, there could be some rotation – which would be very typical in a blank gameweek! :))

:)) all three of my city players did not play, glad I have nothing to play for that would have hurt, currently on - 12 points lol. I was going to bring Torres in though swapped to Foden at the last minute :))
    Taking the 12 point his has in the end left me with only 9 players.

Kane 222 captain for me this gw.

Ended up with Salah myself, but I fancy Sp*rs to do well against Wolves.

:)) all three of my city players did not play, glad I have nothing to play for that would have hurt, currently on - 12 points lol. I was going to bring Torres in though swapped to Foden at the last minute :))
    Taking the 12 point his has in the end left me with only 9 players.

Daaaaamn, that's Pep roulette at it's most brutal! I had Torres in my mind too up towards the deadline, but I've lost enough points not owning Son, so I did Fernandes out for him, with the plan to bring Fernandes back again. If I'd gone with Torres instead, I wouldn't have to force myself into a transfer…

How much PL action do we think Fernandes will get in the remaining fixtures?
    I think Bruno will likely get one game out of the two, I sold him to bring in Mahrez this GW lol my season ended months ago though kept playing as its respectful to do so. Next season hopefully I wont make the mistakes I did this.