No Time to Die production thread

Comments

TripAces wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Do we know if Bond is alone in Jamaica?
    Do him and Madeleine separate in Matera and then meet again in London 5 years later?
    Apologies, I haven't seen the trailer in a while and can't remember

He is alone. What remains a mystery is how/when Felix contacts him and how/when Nomi enters the picture.

@TripAces This would be the moment Bond and Felix bump into each other, with Felix actively looking for 007 in Jamaica/Port A. The question is how Felix knew Bond is in Jamaica. Info from M maybe?

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg
    The second question: Logan Ash must already be on Safins payroll and an rogue agent since he tries to kill/bombing the vessel with Felix and Bond via the seaplane. Motive: Felix asking for Bonds help to resque Valdo in Havana and Safin wants to stop that. At this point Bond doesn't even know of Safins existence.

And we also 'know' Safin sends out his team ft Primo to kidnap Valdo in London, so that's gotta be pre-Jamaica, and later on in Havana (post-Jamaica) Valdo can be seen with Lashana during the mayhem/Spectre event/Bond & Paloma shooting.

Does that make any sense?

It does. But as an earlier post stated, we have footage of Bond walking the perimeter of the house, speargun in hand, as though someone may have entered the house. It could be that a message was left for him. He certainly seems to be heading into town for a reason. I don't think Bond runs into Leiter by accident.

My theory would be:

Bond's chilling at home outside, hears something.
    Speargun walk by window.
    Finds some sort of message that gets him into town.
    Meets Felix/Ash in the car outside, in the street. Agree to meet more formally. (dusk)
    Bond enters nightclub (bumps into Nomi).
    Bond and Felix chat at the bar.
    Bond/Felix leave the bar to complete their chat. Ash tailing. ("There's a young lady...")
    Bond goes home. Nomi follows. They share a drink.
    She steals something or warns him off or something.
    Bond rings up someone (M?) from his deck the next morning ("I met your new 00...")
    Bond takes a little trip to Cuba.

I think when he enters the house with the spear gun, he’s going to find Felix standing there waiting for him.

Perhaps, but then why bump into him on the street and in the club? I assume that maybe he notices that his 'tripwires' have been sprung so he can tell someone has been to the house. When he enters, he finds a note, or something symbolic that tells him Felix is in town.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited March 2021 Posts: 1,351
    God dammit I want this film to be released.

Sorry, carry on.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited March 2021 Posts: 3,018

AgentM72 wrote: »
    Do him and Madeleine separate in Matera and then meet again in London 5 years later?

He is alone. What remains a mystery is how/when Felix contacts him and how/when Nomi enters the picture.

@TripAces This would be the moment Bond and Felix bump into each other, with Felix actively looking for 007 in Jamaica/Port A. The question is how Felix knew Bond is in Jamaica. Info from M maybe?

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg
    The second question: Logan Ash must already be on Safins payroll and an rogue agent since he tries to kill/bombing the vessel with Felix and Bond via the seaplane. Motive: Felix asking for Bonds help to resque Valdo in Havana and Safin wants to stop that. At this point Bond doesn't even know of Safins existence.

And we also 'know' Safin sends out his team ft Primo to kidnap Valdo in London, so that's gotta be pre-Jamaica, and later on in Havana (post-Jamaica) Valdo can be seen with Lashana during the mayhem/Spectre event/Bond & Paloma shooting.

It does. But as an earlier post stated, we have footage of Bond walking the perimeter of the house, speargun in hand, as though someone may have entered the house. It could be that a message was left for him. He certainly seems to be heading into town for a reason. I don't think Bond runs into Leiter by accident.

My theory would be:

Speargun walk by window.
    Meets Felix/Ash in the car outside, in the street. Agree to meet more formally. (dusk)
    Bond/Felix leave the bar to complete their chat. Ash tailing. ("There's a young lady...")
    Bond rings up someone (M?) from his deck the next morning ("I met your new 00...")

@AgentM72 I think you pretty much nailed it.

But we have forgotten one scene: Bond with his gun out at the villa during daytime which would mean we have two different (trespassing?) scenes: speargun and handgun.

And will we see action scenes at all at the villa/beach?!?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2021 Posts: 14,861

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg

My theory would be:

Speargun walk by window.

But we have forgotten one scene: Bond with his gun out at the villa during daytime which would mean we have two different (trespassing?) scenes: speargun and handgun.

Yes that's what I thought, but I guess the recent shot we had of Bond holding his gun (where he's wearing a short sleeved shirt as opposed to a tee) might have just been him getting his gun out of the drawer ready to go somewhere.

Funny to think if the film had come out when originally planned and they were running to the kind of schedule the 80s films were made on, they'd be shooting the next film now! :D
    I don't know if the member is subscribed her too, but one user at ajb had told me he had inside info
    Bond's villa is blown out
    But take it with a grain of salt
    mtm wrote: »

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg

My theory would be:

Speargun walk by window.

Yes that's what I thought, but I guess the recent shot we had of Bond holding his gun (where he's wearing a short sleeved shirt as opposed to a tee) might have just been him getting his gun out of the drawer ready to go somewhere.

Funny to think if the film had come out when originally planned and they were running to the kind of schedule the 80s films were made on, they'd be shooting the next film now! :D

Gun with jeans, gun in shorts, speargun in shorts

IIi4Jsi.jpg
    Gqv3NRd.jpg
    lEI6Hka.png
    EoyM2U6.jpg
    b60kxRv.jpg
    q9ouZdc.jpg
    9aTIAbu.jpg
    q9oQMLw.png
    yRMRIDr.png

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Remember when those set photos started surfacing? So exciting.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg

My theory would be:

Speargun walk by window.

Gun with jeans, gun in shorts, speargun in shorts

IIi4Jsi.jpg

Ah yes, good call; I'd not seen him pointing it with jeans before, just getting it out of the drawer.
    I presume that the speargun/pistol scenes are the same one; he just picks up the gun once he's inside.

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg

My theory would be:

Speargun walk by window.

And will we see action scenes at all at the villa/beach?!?

I'm personally hoping for something like a funny/character building moment with the gun + t-shirt/shorts, where Bond is trying to fish, can't succeed, and finally just gives up and shoots one. (Reverting to his real skill set, hinting at the caged animal who isn't really cut out for this soft life and has latent skills he's wanting to use, etc.)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

uUOnee6.jpg
    SqIeG0H.jpg
    ZFo1qEq.jpg

My theory would be:

Speargun walk by window.

I would say that this is all very plausible.
    Just watching that video of DC serves as a brief reminder that the next portrayal -- not just the player but the script, direction and all else -- will have to be FANTASTIC to move things on.
  • Since62 wrote: »
    Just watching that video of DC serves as a brief reminder that the next portrayal -- not just the player but the script, direction and all else -- will have to be FANTASTIC to move things on.

Absolutely right. The journeyman era is over.
    Since62 wrote: »

It's true that Bond films have been turned into "prestige pictures," and increasingly demand huge talent, both sides of the camera.

But all that talent doesn't come cheap, and if the 'Blockbuster age' is ending, one wonders where the budgets will come from. . .

Blockbuster age isn’t ending. Quite the opposite. We are entering into terminal blockbuster mode where cinemas only carry blockbusters while lower key stuff goes to streaming.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Craig looks phenomenal.

Perhaps. But it is important to note that Daniel Craig was virtually a "nobody" when cast as Bond 16 years ago.
    Off topic: Full video (HQ) with the Aston Martin F1 launch, with Gemma Arterton as one of the presenters. Daniel's message starts at 17:15

• ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    octofinger wrote: »

It's true that Bond films have been turned into "prestige pictures," and increasingly demand huge talent, both sides of the camera.

But all that talent doesn't come cheap, and if the 'Blockbuster age' is ending, one wonders where the budgets will come from. . .

If Bond doesn't have the budget, nobody has it, apart from maybe Disney. Ergo there just wouldn't be much of a market for talent above what Eon is willing to pay. And lower budgets don't have to be a bad thing. Sometimes it can breed creativity and attract people who are more interested in making a good film than getting that Bond cheque.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Perhaps. But it is important to note that Daniel Craig was virtually a "nobody" when cast as Bond 16 years ago.

No, not really. He was starring in movies, the sort of films he was interested in, as well as several prestige TV series which he headlined in; he was a pretty big name in drama circles. I certainly knew his name beforehand: I was surprised when it came up. He was making a few Hollywood movies too even if they weren't great stuff. He was probably a more credible name than the previous two actors (even Dalton, who I know has the 'Shakespearian' epithet but was really making episodes of Charlies Angels, potboiling US mini series and naff comic book movies :) ).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    octofinger wrote: »

If Bond doesn't have the budget, nobody has it, apart from maybe Disney. Ergo there just wouldn't be much of a market for talent above what Eon is willing to pay. And lower budgets don't have to be a bad thing. Sometimes it can breed creativity and attract people who are more interested in making a good film than getting that Bond cheque.

Spectre had a budget that was around 40% more than Mission Impossible Rogue Nation the same year (MI's budget was $150m), and although you can see where that money went in places, equally in terms of spectacle it's not like the MI film was lacking all that much. It does make you wonder if Bond couldn't take a lower budget.

And I know some of that is marketing, but that's where the product placement is supposed to help out isn't it?
  • QsCatQsCat London

He looks like he was forced to do that...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well it seems unlikely he'd volunteer: "Instead of phoning my mum I must publicly wish that big luxury car brand well on their entry into a megarich sport" :D
    I was thinking he seems a bit croaky there even, but it's no business of mine :)
    Off topic: Full video (HQ) with the Aston Martin F1 launch, with Gemma Arterton as one of the presenters. Daniel's message starts at 17:15

I detected a little bitterness from Gemma after Daniel's well wishes. (Am I reading into that too much?)
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Nahh she just said his name as if she was saying hello to him
    QsCat wrote: »
    Nahh she just said his name as if she was saying hello to him

I have watched it a few times, now. I dunno. Kind of odd. "Daniel Crehhheg...thank you for that wonderful message." She did an odd twist of the head with her arms stiffening on "...that wonderful message." Then again, she seems uncomfortable with the whole thing. LOL.

I detected a little bitterness from Gemma after Daniel's well wishes. (Am I reading into that too much?)

No.

She has recently spoken out against her QoS role saying she wished she had never taken it. I guess at a time when Bond could be viewed as 'toxic masculinity' an actress might want to distance themselves from the franchise. But she'll happily take Aston Martin's money.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Someone wrote: »

No.

She has recently spoken out against her QoS role saying she wished she had never taken it. I guess at a time when Bond could be viewed as 'toxic masculinity' an actress might want to distance themselves from the franchise. But she'll happily take Aston Martin's money.

That’s not exactly hypocritical. And just because she thinks Bond women roles could be better it also doesn’t follow that she bears any grudge against Craig.