The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,105
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

I posted this in another thread, it is from yesterday and gives a clear outline of who gets the vaccine and when in the UK.

Can I pay to be vaccinated sooner?
    No - this vaccine is being rolled out free to people via the NHS. You can't jump the queue by paying.

That settles that then! What will be interesting now of course, is how the roll-out of the vaccine will impact the speed at which we will see fans back in the stadiums – even with social distancing measures being used.

Hopefully we are months away from at least a small contingent of fans.

Rashford went off injured in the Win over Liverpool, hope its just a knock as he was looking good with a goal and an assist.

Edited: Ole says its Rashford's knee and will have a scan tomorrow [-O<
    A very long, double gameweek is over, but for many it really paid off. Colombian Sly Foxes benefited the most out of us, with impressive 132 points and a gameweek rank of 66 682! Congratulations! =D>

rHljqMe.jpg

We have a midweek gameweek starting Tuesday at 16:30, so have your teams ready!

Thank you. 👍

This is a very tight league. I'm ahead on all my money bet leagues with friends and family. On course for £350. But this league is by far the closest league I'm in n at the top.

Got my Wildcard and Triple Captain left. Keeping an eye open for when they rearrange the Spurs Fulham game, hopefully in a good double game week for Kane or Son.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations Columbian Sly Foxes great score, our league is competitive certainly makes it interesting.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,241
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

I posted this in another thread, it is from yesterday and gives a clear outline of who gets the vaccine and when in the UK.

Can I pay to be vaccinated sooner?
    No - this vaccine is being rolled out free to people via the NHS. You can't jump the queue by paying.

That settles that then! What will be interesting now of course, is how the roll-out of the vaccine will impact the speed at which we will see fans back in the stadiums – even with social distancing measures being used.

Hopefully we are months away from at least a small contingent of fans.

Rashford went off injured in the Win over Liverpool, hope its just a knock as he was looking good with a goal and an assist.

Edited: Ole says its Rashford's knee and will have a scan tomorrow [-O<

I think even just a small amount of fans at the stadiums will have a good effect on some teams and their performances. I can imagine Liverpool would benefit from having their fans back.

What do you think of United's attacking threat with and without Rashford? He is a possible De Bruyne replacement for me, but if he's injured, then I have to look elsewhere.
    slyfox wrote: »
    A very long, double gameweek is over, but for many it really paid off. Colombian Sly Foxes benefited the most out of us, with impressive 132 points and a gameweek rank of 66 682! Congratulations! =D>

rHljqMe.jpg

We have a midweek gameweek starting Tuesday at 16:30, so have your teams ready!

Thank you. 👍

This is a very tight league. I'm ahead on all my money bet leagues with friends and family. On course for £350. But this league is by far the closest league I'm in n at the top.

Got my Wildcard and Triple Captain left. Keeping an eye open for when they rearrange the Spurs Fulham game, hopefully in a good double game week for Kane or Son.

It really is very tight, which makes it all the more exciting! I'm far behind in the one money league I'm in, but we have a solution where a percentage of the total is paid out to whoever get's the most points each month. So I have actually recuperate the money I paid to join at the start of the season.

The Sp*rs-Fulham game is on my mind too, and I might try and play one of my chips whenever they play a double gameweek.
    Rashford fit thankfully, Sheffield United 9 players out apparently so surely we will win that game. Bruno will be my captain.

Having such a strong squad I now have the dilemma of team selection.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    4 4 2
    Bruno cap again
    3 5 2 assuming all my midfielders play, Bruno Captain.
    CP scored bad start with cresswell
    Dam I thought I benched Cresswell.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,341
    Soucek goal :)>- goal :)>-
    Benched Callum Wilson
    Creswell assist thankfully, need my Leeds assets to get in on the points.
    Wilson assist and my new signing Harrison has scored thankfully.
    A bit late, but here are the gameweek 20 captaincy picks!
    Fernandes: 7
    Bamford: 2
    Kane: 2
    Son: 2
    Martial: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Ings: 1
    Saka: 1

Fernandes is by far the most captained player in our league this gameweek, backed by seven managers. No surprise though, with a decent fixture against Sheffield United.

Good luck everyone!
    2 nice games.
    Good luck everyone but don't score more than me........ :)>-
    2 nice games.

You're off to a great start of the gameweek, @007InAction!
    2 nice games.

You're flying........ :)>-
    Gudegan on fire I considered him for this GW, and just sold Harrison and got Gudegan in now. This GW not going well for me.
    2 nice games.

Happy with the points tonight, but in a money league I'm in, one of my rivals got Stones, Cancelo, Soucek, Gündogan, Saka AND Antonio! 63 points before bonus points! Will take some effort to catch up with him.
    Gudegan on fire I considered him for this GW, and just sold Harrison and got Gudegan in now. This GW not going well for me.

Wouldn't call 28 points a bad resuly so far. Ederson clean sheet, Dias clean sheet, Cresswell assist, Harrison goal and Wilson assist. So far, it's only Bamford that hasn't delivered for you, and you got Fernandes (C), Rashford, Grealish, Salah and Dier left!
    2 nice games.

Happy with the points tonight, but in a money league I'm in, one of my rivals got Stones, Cancelo, Soucek, Gündogan, Saka AND Antonio! 63 points before bonus points! Will take some effort to catch up with him.

Wouldn't call 28 points a bad resuly so far. Ederson clean sheet, Dias clean sheet, Cresswell assist, Harrison goal and Wilson assist. So far, it's only Bamford that hasn't delivered for you, and you got Fernandes (C), Rashford, Grealish, Salah and Dier left!

Yeah though there are some assets out there that are getting managers far more points than I am getting. I just seem to be making no progress with the decisions I am making, I know a lot is down to luck.
    Antonio owners were unlucky as he hit the post twice today
    2 nice games.

Yeah though there are some assets out there that are getting managers far more points than I am getting. I just seem to be making no progress with the decisions I am making, I know a lot is down to luck.

I know the feeling. In the money league I'm in, the points I got tonight hardly made a difference.

Really want Antonio, but I know as soon as I get him, he'll get injured again!
    2 nice games.

I know the feeling. In the money league I'm in, the points I got tonight hardly made a difference.

In the money league I am in i am hundred plus points away, to be honest since early on some managers had a ridiculously good start and have been out of sight since.
    2 nice games.

Pep has so many players he can start, which is tricky when picking city players.

I was thinking about Antonio as well. Maybe next week ?
    2 nice games.

In the money league I am in i am hundred plus points away, to be honest since early on some managers had a ridiculously good start and have been out of sight since.

The thing is, those that are off to a good start straight away were one step ahead of the rest of us, and they could plan accordingly, while the rest of us were (and are) still trying to catch up. That's a very fortunate situation to be in, in FPL. That's not to say that you can't catch up with these managers, but it's an uphill battle which at some point will have to involve taking more risks, gambling on differential players to do well etc.
    2 nice games.

Pep has so many players he can start, which is tricky when picking city players.

I was thinking about Antonio as well. Maybe next week ?

Indeed! The Pep roulette is so difficult to predict. All you can hope for with City players is that they will play most gameweeks, and that owning them will be worth the risk of occasional benchings.

I'll wait and see how Liverpool play against Sp*rs. If they get back on track, then I'll wait until gameweek 22, if not, then I'll be tempted to make that one of my transfers for next gameweek.
    Watkins has scored and I benched him, I quit :))
    Shocking performance by United, forget winning the league.

You and me both!

Having Cancelo as vice captain really hurts right now…

You and me both!

I need to sell Rashford, though already used my free transfer.
    Arsenal will beat us at the weekend.

You and me both!

I would hold until after the Arsenal game personally. I think United will get a massive win against them. 0-3 is my guess.

You and me both!

I would hold until after the Arsenal game personally. I think United will get a massive win against them. 0-3 is my guess.

Ole failings showed last night, Ole rely's on individuals to win him games not a collective effort. I expect an Arsenal win plus you are a bit of a bogey side for United in recent games.