No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited January 2021 Posts: 3,272
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    I just don't see people rushing back to theatres for any film, this year.

Why not?
    Even now it's safer, than going to work, going to school, going to the supermarket, going to a restaurant etc.

With lots of people vaccinated they can even get rid of the social distancing.

I wouldn't go Banco on expecting everyone to be vaccinated this year successfully, all social distancing coming to an end, and all cinema chains worldwide opening the welcome floodgates in a few months time to packed houses everywhere.

If you think all life as we knew it in 2019 will return 100% back to normal in a few months time, great for you!

I haven't seen anyone say this

@Mr_Beach has been repeatedly saying this for weeks on here.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I don't think people are naive enough to think that we will be able to "return to normal". In fact, I don't think we should want to either. There are things I want to return to for sure, but some things needn't change back to how they were. I don't mind us losing that ridiculous hand-shake or hug culture. Likewise, I'm perfectly content with online meetings as opposed to the real thing. More hand hygiene will, perhaps, keep the flu and nasty colds under control and yes, a mouth mask now and then, like on a crowded train... why not? Keeping distance from other people than your closest relatives: yes, please! (I'm an introvert; social distancing is heaven for me. :D )

But if and when NTTD is finally released, and the pandemic is under control, I'll be in the theatre if you need me. ;-)

I'm basically with you here 100%. I don't mind handshake culture though; I'm a touchy person despite being quite introverted. Quarantine was pretty blissful!

I'm into fewer work meetings generally, not just a move to more online work meetings. As I've said before, many restaurants near me have adapted their street parking into street patios and I hope that stays. My girlfriend and I both agree that masks on airplanes / travel isn't such a bad idea at all. People have learned to wash their hands and use sanitizer (despite it's general ineffectiveness I think it still helps a bit) which is great.

I agree the normal we had before wasn't all that perfect. I think "normal" to a lot of people is the return of socializing and community in person, and restaurants and bars, and things like that. I believe for better or worse we will return to these things before too long (many already are); we're a social species and we can only keep from doing these things for so long I think.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I agree, @NickTwentyTwo. Inconvenient and dangerous though it is, few shall be able to keep this disciplined life up for much longer.

My girlfriend and myself have our summer wedding to look forward to. We will definitely continue to put every effort into keeping ourselves and each other safe.

And yes, NTTD is on my mind too. I regard it as a coming reward for us all doing what we can in this pandemic to be a part of the solution rather than the problem. I hope that when I'm in the theatre to see the next Bond, I'll be able to whisper that life is good, that all is well, that society has gotten it back together.

But I am patient. I want to see NTTD but only when the time is right. I want to enjoy my Bond film and its success. I don't want to see it thrown onto some streaming service like something made for television. I want my food cooked to perfection, not raw and cold. Bond deserves the VIP treatment, and that means a theatrical release with all the glamour and glitter that comes with it. I don't want the film to suffer from a worldwide crisis, I want it to help usher in an era of renewed possibilities. But that's just me.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't think people are naive enough to think that we will be able to "return to normal". In fact, I don't think we should want to either. There are things I want to return to for sure, but some things needn't change back to how they were. I don't mind us losing that ridiculous hand-shake or hug culture. Likewise, I'm perfectly content with online meetings as opposed to the real thing. More hand hygiene will, perhaps, keep the flu and nasty colds under control and yes, a mouth mask now and then, like on a crowded train... why not? Keeping distance from other people than your closest relatives: yes, please! (I'm an introvert; social distancing is heaven for me. :D )

Since a while ago when the norovirus seemed to start kicking in every year I pretty much always tried to wear gloves when I had to hang onto the grips on the Tube etc. or try to use my elbows instead! So yes, I’m with you there.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    And, as well as greater personal hygiene....

There are many parts of the world where mask wearing in particular has been normalised already due to poor air quality. One would hope that this pandemic would lead to awareness of greater issues considering how resistant a decent chunk of the population have been to things like mask wearing, but it likely won't.
  • And, as well as greater personal hygiene....

There are many parts of the world where mask wearing in particular has been normalised already due to poor air quality. One would hope that this pandemic would lead to awareness of greater issues considering how resistant a decent chunk of the population have been to things like mask wearing, but it likely won't.

Once this is all over I won't be wearing a face mask.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I wasn't suggesting that you do. But it has exposed, for me, that there are a lot of people out there ignorant of the fact that these things aren't abnormal for decent chunks of the population on the planet, while they moan about having to do it to prevent something that is highly infectious.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Unless things drastically improve by the summer months, and the vaccine is adequately distributed, October may be a long shot too.
    France is getting the film two days before the UK -
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,966
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Unless things drastically improve by the summer months, and the vaccine is adequately distributed, October may be a long shot too.

I think it already is a long shot.

I can see it now, as soon as the government lifts restrictions everybody will be thinking about holiday plans on day one. The amount of people hitting the seaside areas at the end of last summer was unheard of, it will be like that again, except for the whole summer this time, not just August. The vaccinations won't be ready by June, and numbers will start to rise again. By september we'll be hitting critical mass again.

All the people shut in their houses are desperate to get out and enjoy themselves again, so we are likely to see a repeat of last year, and the movie being pushed into 2022 so they can get things back under control again.
    antovolk wrote: »

Like with SF and SP the UK release date will get pulled forward to the 6th, in not the 5th, aswell.
    The last Bond movies were not released on a friday in the UK.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Like with SF and SP the UK release date will get pulled forward to the 6th, in not the 5th, aswell.

Spectre was released at 7pm on a Monday, as I recall. Gotta fluff those box office figures some how 😂
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Same, and as someone who loves traveling i can't wait but it's looks like a long way to go.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,548
    I agree, @NickTwentyTwo. Inconvenient and dangerous though it is, few shall be able to keep this disciplined life up for much longer.

My girlfriend and myself have our summer wedding to look forward to. We will definitely continue to put every effort into keeping ourselves and each other safe.

And yes, NTTD is on my mind too. I regard it as a coming reward for us all doing what we can in this pandemic to be a part of the solution rather than the problem. I hope that when I'm in the theatre to see the next Bond, I'll be able to whisper that life is good, that all is well, that society has gotten it back together.

But I am patient. I want to see NTTD but only when the time is right. I want to enjoy my Bond film and its success. I don't want to see it thrown onto some streaming service like something made for television. I want my food cooked to perfection, not raw and cold. Bond deserves the VIP treatment, and that means a theatrical release with all the glamour and glitter that comes with it. I don't want the film to suffer from a worldwide crisis, I want it to help usher in an era of renewed possibilities. But that's just me.

Congratulations are in order.

All we can do at this point is wait and see how the vaccine gets rolled out. I remain confident that we will be in good shape by the end of August. My only concern is the two new strains. But here is some good news: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/01/25/960341384/moderna-finds-covid-19-vaccine-less-effective-against-variant-found-in-south-afr
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    TripAces wrote: »

Congratulations are in order.

All we can do at this point is wait and see how the vaccine gets rolled out. I remain confident that we will be in good shape by the end of August. My only concern is the two new strains. But here is some good news: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/01/25/960341384/moderna-finds-covid-19-vaccine-less-effective-against-variant-found-in-south-afr

Thank you, @TripAces. :)

The article is good news too.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 2,436
    Mallory wrote: »

Spectre was released at 7pm on a Monday, as I recall. Gotta fluff those box office figures some how 😂

Yes it went on general release on the same evening as the premiere in the UK. I remember watching some of the premiere red carpet on YouTube before heading out to the cinema.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I don't get all this negativity with the October date. Sure it's possible the film will be delayed, but right now NTTD is set for an October release. It's something we Bond fans can look forward too.
  • Benny wrote: »
    I don't get all this negativity with the October date. Sure it's possible the film will be delayed, but right now NTTD is set for an October release. It's something we Bond fans can look forward too.

I am not particularly looking forward to it, since I believe there's still a very good chance of it getting pushed back further. I don't see much point in getting excited just yet. It's not like they went out and said it's coming out in October one way or another, be it in theaters or streaming, whatever is possible in each region when the time comes.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited January 2021 Posts: 3,018
    New still from my italian on set-source (masked man is a local official). The set is the production built stand-alone kiosk/tomb near the bridge in Gravina.
    In NTTD Bond approach the kiosk, asking a man for directions to Vesper's grave. It's also the same scene involving the young boy, later seen on the bridge, setting up Bond to cross the bridge and then being attacked.

fQyWE2t.jpg

Screengrabs from some stock images site, although we have seen a few of them before.

DNtaZmC.jpg
    wSBUV5c.jpg
    S1faPL1.jpg
  • I’ll get excited when my tickets booked on the week it’s being released. Whether that be October or 2022. For how I wait patiently and focus on other aspects of life that I’ve put off over the years. Like decorating....
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,032
    I have my Rogue Territory Wax Canvas Jacket being delivered today. Quite excited is an understatement. I previously havent been able to indulge in The Bond Lifestyle but one of the only benefits of these lockdowns is a little bit of spare cash.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/rogue-territory-supply-jacket-films-and-series
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I have my Rogue Territory Wax Canvas Jacket being delivered today. Quite excited is an understatement. I previously havent been able to indulge in The Bond Lifestyle but one of the only benefits of these lockdowns is a little bit of spare cash.

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/rogue-territory-supply-jacket-films-and-series

But also, you can't go out so you don't get to wear it! :)

Only joshing, I got a nice new jacket a couple of months ago too :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    There's some reports in the papers today that they 'might' have to reshoot some bits to update any product placements in the film that are outdated by the time the film is released.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13847637/james-bond-re-shoots-product-placement-deals/

Seems like they're guessing a bit, but they may have a point. I can only see it applying to the Nokia though, I don't think there are any other products as time sensitive as phones, and I expect they can replace them digitally and paste in any new close-ups required.
    @mtm I saw this and was thinking about it earlier. The only thing they could really update are electrical gadgets, as you said. Heineken will always be Heineken, the watch has been already advertised and sold as “the NTTD watch” and they wont go changing clothing for scenes. Couldnt think of anything else.
    Yeah, seems like all about the Nokia phones and most likely they'll be able to CGI that. The MI6-HQ admins posted on Twitter that this had to be done on the Lashana Lynch advert too.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    But even with the phones, the Nokia 8.3 5G in the film is still the last phone HMD has announced. There are rumours about a new flagship being launched sometime this year, but there is nothing official from the company. I am sure a Bond tie-in would be nice at launch - and had they known the timeline, they probably would have pushed the flagship into the movie instead of a mid-budget phone - but why would Eon be interested in doing that? Surely, that is just further investment in a previously locked film and their contract must be fulfilled, as is. And honestly, Nokia was never the greatest look for Bond anyway, so why would they do this?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2021 Posts: 14,861
    But even with the phones, the Nokia 8.3 5G in the film is still the last phone HMD has announced. There are rumours about a new flagship being launched sometime this year, but there is nothing official from the company. I am sure a Bond tie-in would be nice at launch - and had they known the timeline, they probably would have pushed the flagship into the movie instead of a mid-budget phone - but why would Eon be interested in doing that? Surely, that is just further investment in a previously locked film and their contract must be fulfilled, as is.

I don't know much about phone models but I guess the Nokia model in the film might be replaced by the time it comes out? I don't know really. They seem to be replaced pretty much annually, don't they?
    There's nothing else which would seem to be out of date when the film is released (in terms of cars only the Land Rover was a new model and that's still going to be quite a new model when it comes out, the Aston prototype still hasn't even been built yet; and the Omega watch will be on sale for a while, and they even re-released the Swatch watch )- the only other thing is some trainers I think in there (Adidas?) which the shoe company appeared to have paid for a licence for.
    And honestly, Nokia was never the greatest look for Bond anyway, so why would they do this?

The main incentive I think is that the phone company promotes the film in its own marketing when it is released.
    No idea if they have a contract which covers the current circumstances though, it would seem like their lawyers really did think of everything if it did, or they renegotiated with the film company.
    mtm wrote: »

Thanks. It has now arrived. Early impressions are very positive, it is a very nice jacket.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    mtm wrote: »

Thanks. It has now arrived. Early impressions are very positive, it is a very nice jacket.

Great! It's a very nice looking thing. Is it as stiff as they say when it's new? I think I've seen pictures of some of them standing up on their own! :)
    I think they loosen up quite quickly though.