The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

Arsenal will really be down to fixtures if I do get there players in though I think they are on a good run.

Coufal did well over the two games.

Leicester 2 - 0 up now, Lampard may get sacked if there is no come back rumours have been circulating. How much will being an ex player and hero go in his favour. Arguably if he had the squad he had last year and not having the influx of so many so called top players he nay gave been doing better. So many new signings is often disruptive.

Yeah, it might work playing Arsenal assets against teams like Newcastle. Top half teams however, I would bench them against.

Being an ex player makes it much tougher to replace a manager; Solskjær wouldn't have got the time he needed at United if he wasn't, and the same can be said of Arteta. Had he been any other manager and delivering the results the team did for a while, the likelihood would be that another person would have led the team by now.

Thomas Tuchel has been rumoured though. Won't surprise me if there's something to it. He could no doubt get the best out of Havertz and Werner, who both are so much better than their performances at Chelsea suggests.

Post match Lampard looks increasingly rattled, changing the team selection so frequently is not good if he has fallen into the trap of trying to make everyone happy then his days are numbers with a squad that size. He need to pick his best team and stick to it for a number of weeks if he gets the chance, pick the player he can immediately rely on.

This Double GW is not going as I would have hoped, hope Bruno does something tonight for every reason lol

Haven't seen the post match interview, but it certainly looks like a manager that shows the pressure he's under. Will be interesting to see what happens at Chelsea going forward. They have a good squad and should do better than they're currently doing.

City v Villa I have 5 players involved in this one a 0 - 0 probably would be the best result for me.

Early team news Rashford reported to be on the bench gr.
    KDB subbed on the 59th minute ouch! Still 0 - 0

1 - 0 to City Silva scores, Rodrigo assist.

This is a nightmare double gameweek for me. A 200k rank drop, according to Live FPL - and that's including the points I gained tonight from the City-Villa match…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Arsenal will really be down to fixtures if I do get there players in though I think they are on a good run.

Leicester 2 - 0 up now, Lampard may get sacked if there is no come back rumours have been circulating. How much will being an ex player and hero go in his favour. Arguably if he had the squad he had last year and not having the influx of so many so called top players he nay gave been doing better. So many new signings is often disruptive.

Yeah, it might work playing Arsenal assets against teams like Newcastle. Top half teams however, I would bench them against.

Being an ex player makes it much tougher to replace a manager; Solskjær wouldn't have got the time he needed at United if he wasn't, and the same can be said of Arteta. Had he been any other manager and delivering the results the team did for a while, the likelihood would be that another person would have led the team by now.

Thomas Tuchel has been rumoured though. Won't surprise me if there's something to it. He could no doubt get the best out of Havertz and Werner, who both are so much better than their performances at Chelsea suggests.

Post match Lampard looks increasingly rattled, changing the team selection so frequently is not good if he has fallen into the trap of trying to make everyone happy then his days are numbers with a squad that size. He need to pick his best team and stick to it for a number of weeks if he gets the chance, pick the player he can immediately rely on.

This Double GW is not going as I would have hoped, hope Bruno does something tonight for every reason lol

Haven't seen the post match interview, but it certainly looks like a manager that shows the pressure he's under. Will be interesting to see what happens at Chelsea going forward. They have a good squad and should do better than they're currently doing.

City v Villa I have 5 players involved in this one a 0 - 0 probably would be the best result for me.

This is a nightmare double gameweek for me. A 200k rank drop, according to Live FPL - and that's including the points I gained tonight from the City-Villa match…

Green Arrow currently though not having Salah could hurt, thankfully Bruno matched KDB points with an assist. Having used my Wildcard and used my Bench boost I am dissapointed though still got four players left to play.

I made some bad errors with a few players I brought in, biggest mistake is not going Dier to Justin I thought about that move for some time and paid the price for not doing it. Rashford was a big fail, I will give him one more week to look at him as his general body language and form is not great.

KDB has a Yellow Flag
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,341

You've still got 4 players to go so hopefully you get more points from them.

I've only got Callum Wilson to play for the gw.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Salah and Firmino on the bench v Burnley.
    Burnley scored at Anfield 1 - 0 up with five minutes to go, come on Burnley. 68 games unbeaten at home, come on Burnley [-O<

giphy.gif
    Burnley with a famous win, Wooooooooo!

Liverpool 6 points off United, Liverpool strikers really are not at it at all.

Looking at another league I am in those with 120 points or there abouts had Stones, Stones maybe the deciding factor this GW. I am hoping Grealish and Watkins go crazy v Newcastle.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,241

Green Arrow currently though not having Salah could hurt, thankfully Bruno matched KDB points with an assist. Having used my Wildcard and used my Bench boost I am dissapointed though still got four players left to play.

I made some bad errors with a few players I brought in, biggest mistake is not going Dier to Justin I thought about that move for some time and paid the price for not doing it. Rashford was a big fail, I will give him one more week to look at him as his general body language and form is not great.

KDB has a Yellow Flag

Looks like De Bruyne might be out for a few games. Will need to find a replacement, I think.

Not much from Robertson and Salah, unfortunately!
    Burnley scored at Anfield 1 - 0 up with five minutes to go, come on Burnley. 68 games unbeaten at home, come on Burnley [-O<

giphy.gif

Looking at another league I am in those with 120 points or there abouts had Stones, Stones maybe the deciding factor this GW. I am hoping Grealish and Watkins go crazy v Newcastle.

We can probably write off Liverpool for the title now! My bet is that City will take it.

It's the same story here. I had a nice fifth spot in a money league I'm in, with a 40-something points gap to the top spot. But since almost everyone in that league played the bench boost, had double City def/and/or Stones, I'm currently down to sixth (at the moment), and 30+ points behind fifth and 80+ points(!) behind the top spot. Given how tricky this season is, I think I can write of my chances in that league already – even with both Bench Boost and Triple Captain left…

KDB has a Yellow Flag

Looks like De Bruyne might be out for a few games. Will need to find a replacement, I think.

giphy.gif

We can probably write off Liverpool for the title now! My bet is that City will take it.

It's the same story here. I had a nice fifth spot in a money league I'm in, with a 40-something points gap to the top spot. But since almost everyone in that league played the bench boost, had double City def/and/or Stones, I'm currently down to sixth (at the moment), and 30+ points behind fifth and 80+ points(!) behind the top spot. Given how tricky this season is, I think I can write of my chances in that league already – even with both Bench Boost and Triple Captain left…

KDB I may keep as have a strong squad if he is only missing short term, I coukd go to Salah though not convinced that's a good move currently. I also have Rashford which I will hold onto for the SU game though may sell after. Trying not to take a hit this GW.

Agree I think City look very good, the only thing that could go against them is if the goals dry up, though saying that they just grind teams down.

KDB has a Yellow Flag

giphy.gif

KDB I may keep as have a strong squad if he is only missing short term, I coukd go to Salah though not convinced that's a good move currently. I also have Rashford which I will hold onto for the SU game though may sell after. Trying not to take a hit this GW.

Agree I think City look very good, the only thing that could go against them is if the goals dry up, though saying that they just grind teams down.

If you have the squad to cover it, then he's worth keeping. Don't trust my own to get the points needed, so I need to find someone else. But who? There aren't that many inspiring options at the moment. If it wasn't for De Bruyne, Salah would be the one to transfer out for me – but a -4 to take out both of them seems to much.

I might end up just doing a transfer in defence, then reassess who to replace De Bruyne with later.

Yes, that's the advantage Ole and United have against City right now. They got Fernandes to create the necessary chances, while City is really missing a key piece to the puzzle with Agüero out. And without De Bruyne, who knows how they might do in upcoming games.

KDB has a Yellow Flag

giphy.gif

If you have the squad to cover it, then he's worth keeping. Don't trust my own to get the points needed, so I need to find someone else. But who? There aren't that many inspiring options at the moment. If it wasn't for De Bruyne, Salah would be the one to transfer out for me – but a -4 to take out both of them seems to much.

I might end up just doing a transfer in defence, then reassess who to replace De Bruyne with later.

Yes, that's the advantage Ole and United have against City right now. They got Fernandes to create the necessary chances, while City is really missing a key piece to the puzzle with Agüero out. And without De Bruyne, who knows how they might do in upcoming games.

I am going back to Son very soon so that's an option, the way my team is currently structured Vardy or Kane would be difficult. Maddison is also in my thinking though despite being on a run he has not had that many chances to score.

KDB has a Yellow Flag

giphy.gif

I am going back to Son very soon so that's an option, the way my team is currently structured Vardy or Kane would be difficult. Maddison is also in my thinking though despite being on a run he has not had that many chances to score.

Yeah, I might just go back to Son (the way this gameweek has been, I should've just kept him!); the price difference between him and De Bruyne might help with some other transfers.

I'm also looking at Leicester as a possibility. They are in good form at the moment, and Barnes, Maddison, Justin etc. might be worth a punt.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,341

KDB has a Yellow Flag

giphy.gif

Yeah, I might just go back to Son (the way this gameweek has been, I should've just kept him!); the price difference between him and De Bruyne might help with some other transfers.

I'm also looking at Leicester as a possibility. They are in good form at the moment, and Barnes, Maddison, Justin etc. might be worth a punt.

De Bruyne might be out for up to four weeks.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

Salah and Liverpool's form has gone downhill since the 7-0 cp win.
    Who would have thought that would happen ?

The Leicester players are on form except for vardy.

KDB has a Yellow Flag

giphy.gif

De Bruyne might be out for up to four weeks.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk

Salah and Liverpool's form has gone downhill since the 7-0 cp win.
    Who would have thought that would happen ?

The Leicester players are on form except for vardy.

Yeah confirmed, I may hang on for a week to avoid taking a hit to fnd a replacement for KDB.

Kevin De Bruyne: Man City midfielder out for four to six weeks with hamstring injury

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/12195453/kevin-de-bruyne-man-city-midfielder-out-for-four-to-six-weeks-with-hamstring-injury

Edited: Vardy also out for a number of weeks as he has just had a hernia operation.

Edited: Not going to mess about, took a hit and gone KDB to Salah as KDB price will drop. Salah I think still will score goals despite Liverpool's form.
    Will have to transfer out De Bruyne too now. Is it worth a hit though, that's the question I'm asking myself…
    Will have to transfer out De Bruyne too now. Is it worth a hit though, that's the question I'm asking myself…

The way this GW has gone made no progress so need a replacement potential big hitter like Salah. I have four players playing on Saturday in the Villa Newcastle game, some points there will cover my hit.

I have another concern Grealish is one yellow away from a ban.

The way this GW has gone made no progress so need a replacement potential big hitter like Salah. I have four players playing on Saturday in the Villa Newcastle game, some points there will cover my hit.

Don't think many managers have that many players left. Could be a massive advantage if any of those players haul!

Indeed he is. I did consider him for the double, but the yellow card situation made me decide on bringing in De Bruyne instead.

Don't think many managers have that many players left. Could be a massive advantage if any of those players haul!

Indeed he is. I did consider him for the double, but the yellow card situation made me decide on bringing in De Bruyne instead.

I am around 500K still, If I finish in the top 100K this season I see that as a result, not sure I can repeat last seasons top 50K finish. Nailing triple Captain will help though last season I left triple captain way to late and it was a total failure.

Hoping for something from Villa and Newcastle if two of Wilson, Watkins or Grealish score or get assists I will take that. A 0 - 0 would not be a disaster as I have Lascelles.

I am around 500K still, If I finish in the top 100K this season I see that as a result, not sure I can repeat last seasons top 50K finish. Nailing triple Captain will help though last season I left triple captain way to late and it was a total failure.

Hoping for something from Villa and Newcastle if two of Wilson, Watkins or Grealish score or get assists I will take that. A 0 - 0 would not be a disaster as I have Lascelles.

There's definitely a case for using Triple Captain earlier in the season. Towards the end of the season, you will likely see form taking a dip, and goals to be less frequent. I hope I find a good gameweek to play it sometime soon.

I'm hoping for a Villa win, with Martínez keeping a clean sheet and Watkins delivering. But I won't be surprised if it ends up being a draw.

There's definitely a case for using Triple Captain earlier in the season. Towards the end of the season, you will likely see form taking a dip, and goals to be less frequent. I hope I find a good gameweek to play it sometime soon.

I'm hoping for a Villa win, with Martínez keeping a clean sheet and Watkins delivering. But I won't be surprised if it ends up being a draw.

Yeah I was thinking I should use it soon, though with games so compressed it will be difficult to target fresh players. I just got my Vaccine today, I wondering what will happen with regards to footballers or other sportsmen getting it, I guess they will be low priority though there has been some discussion whether they should receive it sooner.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/10/do-footballers-really-deserve-to-jump-the-queue-for-a-vaccine
    All four of my players are starting in the Villa v Newcastle game so hopefully a minimum of 7 or 8 points for starters. I hope is a 3 - 3 lol

Watkins goal I will take that for starters, remarkably he is the first striker to get point this GW for me.

Traoré goal and more importantly Grealish assist. Villa 2 up, come on Wilson need something from you.
    All four of my players are starting in the Villa v Newcastle game so hopefully a minimum of 7 or 8 points for starters. I hope is a 3 - 3 lol

Watkins goal I will take that for starters, remarkably he is the first striker to get point this GW for me.

Traoré goal and more importantly Grealish assist. Villa 2 up, come on Wilson need something from you.

You got some good villa points.

Ended up with my highest score in FPL in the three years I have played, though see it as a failure I made some bad choices with regards to my bench boost. The Villa points are welcome though.

Ended up with my highest score in FPL in the three years I have played, though see it as a failure I made some bad choices with regards to my bench boost. The Villa points are welcome though.

15 games in the GW must be the most you've had in the FPL ?

Not sure can't remember how many games were in previous double GW's.

Scores in another league I am in quite a few 140's and there abouts. Stones owners hit such a boost this GW.

Not sure can't remember how many games were in previous double GW's.

Scores in another league I am in quite a few 140's and there abouts. Stones owners hit such a boost this GW.

Yeah i've seen some high scores with players using BB.

Yeah I was thinking I should use it soon, though with games so compressed it will be difficult to target fresh players. I just got my Vaccine today, I wondering what will happen with regards to footballers or other sportsmen getting it, I guess they will be low priority though there has been some discussion whether they should receive it sooner.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/10/do-footballers-really-deserve-to-jump-the-queue-for-a-vaccine

I think with the likelihood of double gameweeks coming up in not that many gameweeks, you could target players that have decent fixtures then. But we have to expect some rotation should there be a short time between each fixture.

It will be interesting to see when footballers will get the vaccine. You'd think that with the measures that are being done in order for games to be played, they might not be that high up on the list, but you never know.
    A very long, double gameweek is over, but for many it really paid off. Colombian Sly Foxes benefited the most out of us, with impressive 132 points and a gameweek rank of 66 682! Congratulations! =D>

rHljqMe.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆/False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    GW 6: MEJICO POWA
    GW 7: ☆Fa3inho FC☆
    GW 8: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 9: Colombian Sly Foxes
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 12: Honesty FC
    GW 13: Mesut Özil
    GW 14: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 15: Ayew Crazy !
    GW 16: Honesty FC
    GW 17: MEJICO POWA
    GW 18: False 9 FC
    GW 19: Colombian Sly Foxes
    League table standings:

1. Liverpool Richmond: GW 93 - TOT 1135
    2. Team Extreme: GW 106 - TOT 1132
    3. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW 132 - TOT 1130
    4. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 84 - TOT 1120
    5. Ayew Crazy!: GW 91 - TOT 1086
    6. MEJICO POWA: GW 82 - TOT 1076
    7. Cremonese-killen: GW 108 - TOT 1065
    8. Honesty FC: GW 77 - TOT 1033
    9. False 9 FC: GW 72 - TOT 1006
    10. Eze Peze JapanEze: GW 77 - TOT 1002
    11. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 85 - TOT 986
    12. ☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 88 - TOT 985
    13. BAMSI BEYYEM: GW 85 - TOT 975
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 71 - TOT 950
    15. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 82 - TOT 921
    16. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 57 - TOT 868
    17. Anfield FC: GW 50 - TOT 847
    18. Raging Bulls: GW 68 - TOT 807
    ______

We have a midweek gameweek starting Tuesday at 16:30, so have your teams ready!

I think with the likelihood of double gameweeks coming up in not that many gameweeks, you could target players that have decent fixtures then. But we have to expect some rotation should there be a short time between each fixture.

It will be interesting to see when footballers will get the vaccine. You'd think that with the measures that are being done in order for games to be played, they might not be that high up on the list, but you never know.

You would think people over 65 and will get the vaccine first.

Footballers are very healthy and should not be getting it before people with health problems imo.

You would think people over 65 and will get the vaccine first.

Footballers are very healthy and should not be getting it before people with health problems imo.

Indeed, it would just be weird for footballers to be a prioritised group.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

I posted this in another thread, it is from yesterday and gives a clear outline of who gets the vaccine and when in the UK.

Can I pay to be vaccinated sooner?
    No - this vaccine is being rolled out free to people via the NHS. You can't jump the queue by paying.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

I posted this in another thread, it is from yesterday and gives a clear outline of who gets the vaccine and when in the UK.

Can I pay to be vaccinated sooner?
    No - this vaccine is being rolled out free to people via the NHS. You can't jump the queue by paying.

That settles that then! What will be interesting now of course, is how the roll-out of the vaccine will impact the speed at which we will see fans back in the stadiums – even with social distancing measures being used.