Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• DaltonFanDaltonFan California
    I've been watching the 1961 crime drama 87th Precient on DVD. It was on for one season in 1961 and starred Robert Lansing, Gregory Walcott, Ron Harper, and Norman Fell.
  • DaltonFanDaltonFan California
    I liked The Event. I especially liked Ian Anthony Dale.
    DaltonFan wrote: »
    I liked The Event. I especially liked Ian Anthony Dale.

So did I. I remember thinking at the time it aired on TV that it should have got a second season.
  • Hawaii Five-O and Magnum PI (the original classics of course)
    The Streets of San Francisco
    The Rockford Files
    Person of Interest
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Just finished bingewatching How I Met Your Mother with my significant other. We both really loved it.

But
    What is up with that ending???
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Black Narcissus BBC mini series.

God this was dull! Never going to match the 1947 adaptation. Don't know why they bothered.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Just finished bingewatching How I Met Your Mother with my significant other. We both really loved it.

But
    What is up with that ending???

Never got as far as finishing How I Met Your Mother. How did it end?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

God this was dull! Never going to match the 1947 adaptation. Don't know why they bothered.

That's exactly why I didn't bother with it - that, and the trailer didn't look terribly inviting whatsoever.

It didnt look very enticing in the trailer, so I avoided it! I will take your word for it that I made right decision!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »

It didnt look very enticing in the trailer, so I avoided it! I will take your word for it that I made right decision!

Yes mate. I suffered so you didn't have to 😄
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 440
    I recently watched the Haunting of Bly Manor and oh boy was it a disappointment. Such a weak adaptation of one of the great tragic ghost stories. All ambiguity and suspense replaced with a Sesame Street-level morality tale and a happy ending.

The accents and locations were also shockingly bad for such an expensive production. Half the cast sounds like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins and all the scenes set in 'London' looked more unconvincing than the old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films.

Someone on Twitter posted this, and it's an astonishingly accurate recreation of what the show's interesting depiction of London as portrayed by Vancouver, looks like.

A0XjPpm.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2021 Posts: 4,415
    2020:

Deep State Season 2. 7/10
    Killing Eve Season 2. 7/10
    Smeris Season 5 (Final Season) / Dutch Series. 7/10
    Lethal Weapon Season 3 (Final Season) 8/10
    Homeland Season 8 (Final Season) 8/10
    Hamilton Season 1. 8/10
    Killing Eve Season 3. 7/10
    S.W.A.T. Season 2. 8/10
    Klem Season 3 (Final Season) / Dutch Series. 8/10

2021:

Next weak i will watch final episode of 4th / final Season of Scorpion. 7/10. Season 3 and Season 1 and first 12-13 episodes of second season are very good or good. But second half of the second season is very bad and final season disapointed a bit.

And on the moment i watched Macgyver (reboot) Season 2 and S.W.A.T. Season 3.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 17,241
    M_Balje wrote: »
    2020:

Deep State Season 2. 7/10
    Killing Eve Season 2. 7/10
    Smeris Season 5 (Final Season) / Dutch Series. 7/10
    Lethal Weapon Season 3 (Final Season) 8/10
    Homeland Season 8 (Final Season) 8/10
    Hamilton Season 1. 8/10
    Killing Eve Season 3. 7/10
    S.W.A.T. Season 2. 8/10
    Klem Season 3 (Final Season) / Dutch Series. 8/10

2021:

Next weak i will watch final episode of 4th / final Season of Scorpion. 7/10. Season 3 and Season 1 and first 12-13 episodes of second season are very good or good. But second half of the second season is very bad and final season disapointed a bit.

And on the moment i watched Macgyver (reboot) Season 2 and S.W.A.T. Season 3.

Only watched the first season of Scorpion myself, but I've been meaning to give it another try.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @AKillToAView, I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. My girlfriend and I got six or seven episodes in and collectively agreed that it was incredibly dull and wasn't worth finishing. Such a letdown compared to his Hill House adaptation.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Recently watched The Alienist season 2 on Netflix. In my opinion not as
    good as the first, but still very good, with a great cast.
    Cobra Kai Season 3.
    Lupin - the French series with Omar Sy based upon the Arsene Lupin stories, really fun and enjoyable.
    First episode of Death in Paradise series 10. Great to have Florence Casell back, could never take to the last DS Madeleine. Still not sure about Ralf Little's Neville Parker, his various medical afflictions are still rather annoying, but after the misery of 2020 it's great to have some sun and fun. And we'll done the production team because you would never know it was shot under covid restrictions. Not a fan of the new theme arrangement though. Why do they always take the attitude of "if it ain't broke, let's fix it anyway"
    I too was excited to see the return of Death in Paradise, my only
    annoyance is how they've tinkered with the theme tune. It now
    has a lot less bass in it.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 2,887
    Marty (aka It's Marty, 1968-69) was Marty Feldman's solo comedy series for the BBC. Shamefully the BBC has never released more than an hour-long compilation of the series on DVD, even though most of the episodes exist, but I have viewed 7 out of 12 episodes, along with another compilation.

After half a century Marty holds up well. Almost every member of Monty Python contributed to the show and it shares some of the spirit of Monty Python's Flying Circus, though it's not as innovative or anarchic. What sets it apart from MPFC are the silent comedy sequences that Feldman, a Buster Keaton fan, occasionally produced. A sketch like "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Golfer" shows the direction Feldman might have taken if he hadn't gone to Hollywood.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 1,637
    MWC episodes :

Gods Shoes (lmao......) , supermarket 2 parter , Al dreams hes private eye , Grandmaster B , Steve returns (great one) , pre fame Matt le Blanc did some shows as poor Vinnie , pre fame Pam Anderson/Debbe Dunning (both guest starred on Home Improvement) , Jovovich
    One of my favourites is The Expanse on Amazon Prime. It's on its fourth season
    new episodes every Wednesday. A great well written grown up Sci-Fi show.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    HISTORY OF SWEAR WORDS

Nicolas Cage hosts this miniseries, where various popular words get analysed.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 440
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @AKillToAView, I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. My girlfriend and I got six or seven episodes in and collectively agreed that it was incredibly dull and wasn't worth finishing. Such a letdown compared to his Hill House adaptation.

@Creasy47 It was such a letdown. It smacked of just trying to copy everything he did in Hill House but with much less care and effort.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,102
    image2.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Started well good cast.
    Watching the latest episode of the Expanse tonight, and it seems sexual equal rights
    has reached another mile stone. In the opening sequences, we are met by the sight of a man and a woman both having a pee ;) in the open near a tree.
    You could say they were crossing streams.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Who_Shot_Mr_Burns_promo.jpg
    The Simpsons when the shows originally aired I only watched the first 6 seasons, all the episodes are on Disney+ starting with Who Shot Mr. Burns Part II.
    Marvels "Inhumans"

Was ok, the main thought i had about it? I could have been Blackbolt!!! I could have easily learned all his lines!!! :)) :-bd

Marvels "Agent Carter" Season one.
    Have to say i quite enjoyed it! Will check out season 2 in my week off in a couple of weeks?!!! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Marvels "Inhumans"

Was ok, the main thought i had about it? I could have been Blackbolt!!! I could have easily learned all his lines!!! :)) :-bd

Marvels "Agent Carter" Season one.
    Have to say i quite enjoyed it! Will check out season 2 in my week off in a couple of weeks?!!! :-bd

I only got half way through Inhumans then it was unavaible though noticed its now on Disney +. Blackbolt was such a chatterbox, the other characters could not get a word in :))