The Wedding Present and Friends Release James Bond Cover Album

Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
in Music Posts: 2,494
The-Wedding-Presents-Not-From-Where-Im-Standing.jpg

Current and former members of the British indie-rock band The Wedding Present have released, 'Not From Where I’m Standing', a cover album of James Bond title tracks.

The album features a variety of genres, including an electro-pop instrumental cover of ‘All Time High’, a barbershop quartet style acapella of ‘Nobody Does It Better’, and a traditional Ukrainian folk rendition of ‘Die Another Day’, sung in Ukrainian.

The album is now available, with all proceeds going toward the mental health charity CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably).

Track List: Link

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Of those bands, I only know The Wedding Present, which I like well enough. Would be interesting to hear some of this.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am always intrigued to listen to other takes on the Bond Themes, though after listening to the first 4 tracks its not my type of music. I will give the whole album a go at some point.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I am always intrigued to listen to other takes on the Bond Themes, though after listening to the first 4 tracks its not my type of music. I will give the whole album a go at some point.

Agreed @Fire_and_Ice_Returns the album isn't immediately captivating, but it might grow on as we listen. But how did you find For Your Eyes Only from the album? I liked it immediately because it has a Synthpop style to it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Agreed @Fire_and_Ice_Returns the album isn't immediately captivating, but it might grow on as we listen. But how did you find For Your Eyes Only from the album? I liked it immediately because it has a Synthpop style to it.

To be honest I found the music quite depressing and robbed great themes of there energy. I have not listened to the FYEO one yet.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Thanks, @PropertyOfALady .

I enjoyed that, too. Also liked Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, A View To A Kill and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Worst: Nobody Does It Better and All Time High.

To be honest I found the music quite depressing and robbed great themes of there energy. I have not listened to the FYEO one yet.

Oh! You should...it's good.
    Thanks, @PropertyOfALady .

I enjoyed that, too. Also liked Thunderball, Diamonds Are Forever, A View To A Kill and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Worst: Nobody Does It Better and All Time High.

Yeah. Agreed.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    I think it's got a lot more hits than misses. FYEO is excellent! The Ukrainian version of Die Another Day is also kinda cool in a very offbeat way.