Something Evil Comes This Way (Fan Production) - Dec. 18, 2020

edited November 2020 in Fan Creations Posts: 10
Hey all - for those of you (like me) missing your Bond fix with all the NTTD delays, maybe this original Bond audio drama will help tide you over until then! The first trailer has just been released! Hope you enjoy!

The Trailer: Trailer #1
The Teaser TrailerTeaser Trailer

Release Date: DECEMBER 18, 2020

The Story

James Bond is gravely injured.

Unarmed and wounded Bond takes refuge in a derelict apartment in Istanbul. On his trail, a group led by the world’s must cutthroat assassin, Enrico Scolari, a murderer schooled in the art of flaying his victims alive. They have one job: Kill Bond!

As Bond hovers on the brink of consciousness and life, Bond must not only save his own life, but that of an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire. As the clock ticks and the dragnet closes, can Bond overcome the odds?

Starring

David Wigram as James Bond/Narrator
Soha T. Saiyed as Viv
Joseph Trefney as Enrico Scolari
Jason Rockwell as Adolf Gettler
Charlie Smith-McMahon as the Lead Intelligence Officer and Assassin
Andrey Rafferty as the Intelligence Officer
Lacey Shaw as the Flight Desk Work

General Note

Something Evil Comes This Way is an unofficial, non-profit audio drama that is in no way associated with MGM, United Artists, Sony, Universal, EON productions or Ian Fleming Publications.

Comments

• Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    Ooh! I'll certainly keep an eye on this. I do love a good audio drama.

Is the title a reference to Something Wicked This Way Comes? That film terrifed me when I was small.
  • The title comes from a chapter title in YOLT. But I believe the book the movie was based on was released a year or two before YOLT come out. Wouldn't be surprised if Fleming stole it and repurposed it for his novel. :)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Sounds awesome! Also I didn't remember this as a YOLT chapter, but I certainly appreciate any reference to that particular novel!
  • Trailer #2 is out

Show drops tomorrow, Friday 12/18 at 8 PM. Hope you'll enjoy!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

Is the title a reference to Something Wicked This Way Comes? That film terrifed me when I was small.
    The title comes from a chapter title in YOLT. But I believe the book the movie was based on was released a year or two before YOLT come out. Wouldn't be surprised if Fleming stole it and repurposed it for his novel. :)

I was a follower of Ray Bradbury growing up and remain one, his classic novel Something Wicked This Way Comes is from 1962. I saw the film on its release 1983.

Looking forward to Something Evil Comes This Way, I'm enjoying all those connections, @StrangewaysGate.

8aa94f86328357d93695800b244c6602575c1edc.png

d
    You Only Live Twice, Ian Fleming, 1964.
    Chapter 17 - Something Evil Comes This Way
    THE dreamed screams had merged into real ones when, four hours later, Bond awoke. There was silence in the hut. Bond got cautiously to his knees and put his eye to a wide crack in the rickety planking. A screaming man, from his ragged blue cotton uniform a Japanese peasant, was running across his line of vision along the edge of the lake. Four guards were after him, laughing and calling as if it were a game of hide-and-seek. They were carrying long staves, and now one of them paused and hurled his stave accurately after the man so that it caught in his legs and brought him crashing to the ground. He scrambled to his knees and held supplicating hands out towards his pursuers. Still laughing, they gathered round him, stocky men in high rubber boots, their faces made terrifying by black maskos over their mouths, black leather nose-pieces and the same ugly black leather soup-plate hats as the agent on the train had worn. They poked at the man with the ends of their staves, at the same time shouting harshly at him in voices that jeered. Then, as if at an order, they bent down and, each man seizing a leg or an arm, picked him off the ground, swung him once or twice and tossed him out into the lake. The ghastly ripple surged forward and the man, now screaming again, beat at his face with his hands and floundered as if trying to make for the shore, but the screams rapidly became weaker and finally ceased as the head went down and the red stain spread wider and wider.

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

The title comes from a chapter title in YOLT. But I believe the book the movie was based on was released a year or two before YOLT come out. Wouldn't be surprised if Fleming stole it and repurposed it for his novel. :)

I was a follower of Ray Bradbury growing up and remain one, his classic novel Something Wicked This Way Comes is from 1962. I saw the film on its release 1983.

Looking forward to Something Evil Comes This Way, I'm enjoying all those connections, @StrangewaysGate.

8aa94f86328357d93695800b244c6602575c1edc.png

d
    You Only Live Twice, Ian Fleming, 1964.
    Chapter 17 - Something Evil Comes This Way
    THE dreamed screams had merged into real ones when, four hours later, Bond awoke. There was silence in the hut. Bond got cautiously to his knees and put his eye to a wide crack in the rickety planking. A screaming man, from his ragged blue cotton uniform a Japanese peasant, was running across his line of vision along the edge of the lake. Four guards were after him, laughing and calling as if it were a game of hide-and-seek. They were carrying long staves, and now one of them paused and hurled his stave accurately after the man so that it caught in his legs and brought him crashing to the ground. He scrambled to his knees and held supplicating hands out towards his pursuers. Still laughing, they gathered round him, stocky men in high rubber boots, their faces made terrifying by black maskos over their mouths, black leather nose-pieces and the same ugly black leather soup-plate hats as the agent on the train had worn. They poked at the man with the ends of their staves, at the same time shouting harshly at him in voices that jeered. Then, as if at an order, they bent down and, each man seizing a leg or an arm, picked him off the ground, swung him once or twice and tossed him out into the lake. The ghastly ripple surged forward and the man, now screaming again, beat at his face with his hands and floundered as if trying to make for the shore, but the screams rapidly became weaker and finally ceased as the head went down and the red stain spread wider and wider.

Fleming always did have a way with his chapter titles, didn't he?
  • Thanks all! Appreciate it!

The shows is out now! Hope you enjoy it or, at a minimum, get a Bond fix until No Time To Die is out! :)

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Recommended.

A nice listen on a Saturday afternoon. David Wigram is a great match for Bond and the inclusion of The Ink Spots was nice as well. I'm partial to Old Time Radio and audio dramas, enjoyed this one very much.
  • Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to listen! Glad you enjoyed the show!
  • Hey all, I'm glad to announce that the second Bond production, The City of the Dead, has commenced production with recording anticipated to begin late January. More info to follow!

Tentative release date: April 30, 2021