Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    suavejmf wrote: »
    MSL49 wrote: »
    I think Callum Turner is on EON's list.

Callum Turner looks more Prince Charles than Bond to me. He looks a tad geeky.

He played a soldier very effectively. As MSL says, he’ll be on the list.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    mtm wrote: »

Geeky soldier?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

+1

Geeky soldier?

:D

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

Geeky soldier?

Are we back to just trashing everyone else's suggestions with insults? Not really interested.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Geeky soldier?

Are we back to just trashing everyone else's suggestions with insults? Not really interested.

I was just kidding, sorry if it felt like an insult.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Geeky soldier?

Sadly this is what the thread has become. If anyone is foolish enough to suggest someone even a little out of left field, the gatekeepers appear and if you don’t meet their unwritten rules for a proper suggestion, you’re trashed.

All Hail Aidan Turner! ;)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Not to be rude to a few members suggestions on here but I can't see some of these fellas as Bond presently, it's great forward thinking on those members part who suggest these names but I just don't see it with a few of the guys mentioned

Hiring let's say Hoult in the next 2-3 years to me would be like hiring Brosnan in 1982. He's too fresh faced and wouldn't be convincing as a secret agent who knows his trade and has a license to kill. But who knows in 10 years time he might be the best candidate for the role but right now he doesn't strike me as manly enough or tough enough.

I think without a hiatus, a lot of these names would be judged harshly when compared to Daniel, I think it would be difficult for the audience to accept such a younger looking man in the role, if they were aiming for a quick turn around and try to get the film out in let's say 2023, they would have to hire somebody who was in their late 30's.
    But he's still a great suggestion for the future

A lot of the names mentioned (I know they are for the future admittedly) don't strike me as having that look, they either don't look manly enough without a beard, they don't look tough enough in general or they're too short. I have a few ideas who I could see playing Bond, but obviously timing is a huge factor, along with the direction they won't to go in.
    For instance, they might make Bond more of a secret agent in the next version of the character and less of a tough assassin, whereby a Hoult or Callum Turner may be perfect

Sorry for the huge post, I've been away for a while and had a few thoughts on the subject
  • suavejmf wrote: »

Since we're considering actors that resemble Prince Charles, we might as well take a look at the actor that plays him on The Crown. 30 year old actor Josh O'Connor.

the-crown-josh-o-connor-5-things-to-know-netflix-ap-images-embed.jpg

He actually kind of looks like he could be a candidate.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Since we're considering actors that resemble Prince Charles, we might as well take a look at the actor that plays him on The Crown. 30 year old actor Josh O'Connor.

the-crown-josh-o-connor-5-things-to-know-netflix-ap-images-embed.jpg

He actually kind of looks like he could be a candidate.

He’s certainly on a par with Callum Turner as a candidate.
  • I'm pretty open-minded about Josh O'Connor. In fact, I'm all ears.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm pretty open-minded about Josh O'Connor. In fact, I'm all ears.

tenor.gif
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Movie selection 2022:
    Please name Bond film & actor you wish to see playing Bond. Then press ^ button.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To me, Callum Turner is way more mysterious and handsome than Josh, but I love Josh as an actor so if EON wanted to give him a screentest. Go for it, even if I don't see him as Bond.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think you have to be a good friend's with Barbara too.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    I think you have to be a good friend's with Barbara too.

Do you?

That's me out then :-?
  • I watched Anthropoid (boring first half, terrific second half). I went in thinking Jamie Dornan could be a good Bond - he certainly has the look. But it was Cillian Murphy I was drawn to...Dornan is not a bad actor, but even when it's not Murphy's scene, he always pulls focus. Even if its a slight move of his eyes or smoking a cigarette.

He's stunning as well. Not conventionally good looking. Those great sunken cheekbones and blue eyes. He looks like a killer.

He's 44. But looks perfect for the role. He isn't too famous either. He's loved in the UK for being Tommy Shelby. But I feel he would be a Bond with the intensity of Daniel Craig. A perfect successor in this respect. He's so brooding, mysterious and (genuinely) scary.....You might argue he isn't pretty enough. But I disagree.

anthropoid-murphy-gun.jpg
    %2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F361c2b5c-691b-11e6-99d8-ef908f1112d5.jpg?crop=2250%2C1500%2C0%2C0
    16-3-16-esquire-cillian-murphy-01-017-1565260970.png?itok=XZ0iV-b9
    SHOT_004_0078-1-1600x856.jpg
    How-did-Cillian-Murphy-win-Tommy-Shelby-role-1318461.jpg?r=1596539943675
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,441
    I like to see Eon doing screentest with Henry Golding as James Bond and Courtney Eaton as Bondgirl for Bond 26 with also Ben Wishaw as Q been there.

Courtney Eaton (Born in 1996, Australia)
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5196907/

courtney-eaton-gods-of-egypt-premiere-in-new-york-city-ny-3.jpg
    Picture is from 2016

MadMaxPremiere_RileyandCourtney-650x1024.jpg

Henry Golding look even more Bond in asian movie he did.

48081d6c5c745132622b99.29206630_.jpg

600px-Twine_colt14.jpg
    Twine.

Hugh Grant called Henry Golding's character "the Chinese James Bond" in The Gentlemen.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    I like to see Eon doing screentest with Henry Golding as James Bond and Courtney Eaton as Bondgirl for Bond 26 with also Ben Wishaw as Q been there.

Courtney Eaton (Born in 1996, Australia)
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5196907/

courtney-eaton-gods-of-egypt-premiere-in-new-york-city-ny-3.jpg
    Picture is from 2016

MadMaxPremiere_RileyandCourtney-650x1024.jpg

Henry Golding look even more Bond in asian movie he did.

48081d6c5c745132622b99.29206630_.jpg

600px-Twine_colt14.jpg
    Twine.

A Chinese Bond. I’d be out.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 5,131
    I watched Anthropoid (boring first half, terrific second half). I went in thinking Jamie Dornan could be a good Bond - he certainly has the look. But it was Cillian Murphy I was drawn to...Dornan is not a bad actor, but even when it's not Murphy's scene, he always pulls focus. Even if its a slight move of his eyes or smoking a cigarette.

He's stunning as well. Not conventionally good looking. Those great sunken cheekbones and blue eyes. He looks like a killer.

He's 44. But looks perfect for the role. He isn't too famous either. He's loved in the UK for being Tommy Shelby. But I feel he would be a Bond with the intensity of Daniel Craig. A perfect successor in this respect. He's so brooding, mysterious and (genuinely) scary.....You might argue he isn't pretty enough. But I disagree.

%2Fmethode%2Fsundaytimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F361c2b5c-691b-11e6-99d8-ef908f1112d5.jpg?crop=2250%2C1500%2C0%2C0

Yes. The difference is Murphy is a very good actor indeed, whilst Dornan simply isn’t.
    I watched Anthropoid (boring first half, terrific second half). I went in thinking Jamie Dornan could be a good Bond - he certainly has the look. But it was Cillian Murphy I was drawn to...Dornan is not a bad actor, but even when it's not Murphy's scene, he always pulls focus. Even if its a slight move of his eyes or smoking a cigarette.

Agree with you here mostly, although IMO Murphy is a touch too famous, with Peaky Blinders and having a recurring role in Nolan’s Batman trilogy. Just my opinion though.
  • Had Craig not returned for NTTD, Murphy would have been fantastic. The moment has gone. Bond 26 is a long way off.

murphey would be fine with me
    edited November 2020 Posts: 7,970
    It's interesting, Murphey's name has been tossed around for some time; in the past I've thought of him as odd looking and more suited to play a villain. I have to say, I'm still not sold but he has grown into his looks and I can, somewhat, see the possibilities. How tall is he? I've always gotten the impression that he was slight.

After a quick search, he's 5ft 7 ⅞ ; scratch him off of the list.

So is he.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 7,970
    Ludovico wrote: »

So is he.

I was going to ask if that's actually how his ears look, or if they were augmented for the role; they're his.

• @Ludovico
    He's out of the running anyway. I've heard he's being signed up to play the FA Cup.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,441
    Look like Eon already found him

https://www.007.com/orlebar-brown-007-collection/

:-j
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes he’s kind of unconventional but I think he’s a bit of a hit with the ladies: he’s one of those fellas who just has something I guess. Seems a really nice guy from his radio show too.
    I’d have no issue as he has bags of presence, but I guess time isn’t on his side.
    Unfortunately he not even 5’8”