Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• MSL49MSL49 Finland
    They print everything these days.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    It is interesting that two of the names mentioned, Chalamet snd Pattinson, are two that are regularly touted here by a forum regular. I wonder if the writer lurks on these pages or may even be an active contributor.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 175
    That is interesting. Is Pierce2Daniel the "film insider" Charles Murphy who was quoted in the article? Was he the source? If you read the quotes it sounds exactly like what he says on the board.

Read this: “One possible route is to take Bond down a totally different route by bringing in someone MUCH younger than anyone we’ve seen so far.

“Craig was 38 when he took over the role and I am told that the studio is open to going even younger than that and also willing to look at some unconventional choices. Timothée Chalamet and Robert Pattison types.”

I'm sorry but that's got to be from user Pierce2Daniel.
  • I really don't want the Bond films to be 'edgy' with Harry Styles or whoever. It would change the identity of the franchise.

I really think Henry Cavill is the only choice. I get that he isn't the best actor, but he looks great and he's terrific in action. That's all you need!

I haven't seen him as Sherlock Holmes yet, is he any good???

5c58ae773a9a9b25f6f62a926d7296b002b9480f.jpg?fw=1200
    actor-henry-cavill-who-plays-quot-august-walker-quot-in-news-photo-1580146745.jpg
    3uk4hrbu4yf11.jpg
    oo12.jpg
    Henry-Cavill-640x321.jpg&height=650&width=1317.1052631579&action=resize
    intro-1601393573.jpg
    170306603.jpg
    henry-cavill-shirtless-superman-justice-league.jpg?itok=JjEyLNDe
    65a00a881b0781a3051e051b29b15779.png
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 1,351
    A new question, to keep you guys from running in the same circles for the 1200th time:
    Eon has just announced a new 007 video game. It will apparently feature an "original Bond story" about James becoming a 00 agent.
    Given that triple-A video games have placed more and more focus on acting and more and more established actors lending not only their voice but also their likeness and even motion capture performance th question is:
    Who should/could be the Bond actor in the upcoming video game?
    A new question, to keep you guys from running in the same circles for the 1200th time:
    Eon has just announced a new 007 video game. It will apparently feature an "original Bond story" about James becoming a 00 agent.
    Given that triple-A video games have placed more and more focus on acting and more and more established actors lending not only their voice but also their likeness and even motion capture performance th question is:
    Who should/could be the Bind actor in the upcoming video game?

Timothy Dalton!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Risico007 wrote: »

Timothy Dalton!

+1 yes please
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »

Timothy Dalton!

Would be awesome. Could be his third film.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 162
    I really don't want the Bond films to be 'edgy' with Harry Styles or whoever. It would change the identity of the franchise.

I really think Henry Cavill is the only choice. I get that he isn't the best actor, but he looks great and he's terrific in action. That's all you need!

actor-henry-cavill-who-plays-quot-august-walker-quot-in-news-photo-1580146745.jpg
    3uk4hrbu4yf11.jpg
    oo12.jpg
    intro-1601393573.jpg
    170306603.jpg

🤢🤢🤢. I dread him being cast. He is so wooden and has zero presence. It would be really regressive. Craig has upped the game.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Yep. The last thing this thread needs is more photo dumps of Caville; we know what he looks like! lol
    He's probably high-ish on their list for successors, but I'd be disappointed if he was cast, for sure.

I liked him a lot as Superman, but I think his woodenness helps with that character a bit, someone who's brand new to the earth. Bond is not that.
    If only he could have used those looks properly.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 15,804
    I don't find Cavill wooden in the least.
    I thought he was great in MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., and is an exceptional Superman.
    He, along with Aidan Turner are at the top of my list for potential Craig replacements if we ever happen to get another Bond movie made in the years following NTTD.
  • I really don't want the Bond films to be 'edgy' with Harry Styles or whoever. It would change the identity of the franchise.

3uk4hrbu4yf11.jpg
    oo12.jpg
    intro-1601393573.jpg
    170306603.jpg

Where is that shot from Cavill in the tux with the cell phone from?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I don't find Cavill wooden in the least.
    I thought he was great in MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., and is an exceptional Superman.
    He, along with Aidan Turner are at the top of my list for potential Craig replacements if we ever happen to get another Bond movie made in the years following NTTD.

Oh dear. They're both terrible actors.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    parkert5 wrote: »
    I really don't want the Bond films to be 'edgy' with Harry Styles or whoever. It would change the identity of the franchise.

3uk4hrbu4yf11.jpg
    oo12.jpg
    intro-1601393573.jpg
    170306603.jpg

Where is that shot from Cavill in the tux with the cell phone from?

Seems to be a phone ad. Didn't he do one with Scarlet Johanssen?
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 175
    I would be shocked if Cavill was even considered a candidate. I'm really glad some of you aren't in charge of making this decision. To not only have a big, boring underwear model as Bond, but also one that's already actively playing Superman and Sherlock Holmes? I'd never be able to see the guy as Bond, I'd see him as Henry Cavill playing Bond, or more likely, Superman as Bond. Whenever I see him I instantly see Superman. I want an actor who when I see I instantly think "Bond." For instance when I see Daniel Craig I instantly see Bond. If I see Craig in another movie it kind of feels like I'm seeing Bond in a non-Bond film.

What a terrible decision it would be. He was also very boring and wooden in the Enola Holmes film, though I think his casting was intentional as they didn't want to get someone who might upstage Millie Bobbie Brown. I'd almost rather see Chalamet than Cavill, at least it would be kind of interesting.
  • I saw the season 2 poster for Pennyworth the other day and thought Jack Bannon looked a bit Bond in it, at least for a 29 year old. He's still got some ageing to do.

pennyworth-season-2-poster-epix.jpg

5ea187b153b50.jpeg

The last time I posted him here someone said he couldn't be Bond with his hairline. Though Fleming's image of Bond actually has the same kind of widow's peak hairline:

Fleming007impression.jpg
    I would be shocked if Cavill was even considered a candidate. I'm really glad some of you aren't in charge of making this decision. To not only have a big, boring underwear model as Bond, but also one that's already actively playing Superman and Sherlock Holmes? I'd never be able to see the guy as Bond, I'd see him as Henry Cavill playing Bond, or more likely, Superman as Bond. Whenever I see him I instantly see Superman. I want an actor who when I see I instantly think "Bond." For instance when I see Daniel Craig I instantly see Bond. If I see Craig in another movie it kind of feels like I'm seeing Bond in a non-Bond film.

What a terrible decision it would be. He was also very boring and wooden in the Enola Holmes film, though I think his casting was intentional as they didn't want to get someone who might upstage Millie Bobbie Brown. I'd almost rather see Chalamet than Cavill, at least it would be kind of interesting.

Barbara wants this too. He won't be Bond.

talos7 wrote: »
    It is interesting that two of the names mentioned, Chalamet snd Pattinson, are two that are regularly touted here by a forum regular. I wonder if the writer lurks on these pages or may even be an active contributor.

I've always maintained that any forum member here could easily embrace their inner Bond villain and concoct the most outrageous "who will play Bond rumor".

In this day and age people are gullible enough to believe anything, especially as social media reigns strong. I just wish there could have been something created more original than Pattinson or Chalamet. Yawn. Snooze city.

I think we need to be a little more obnoxious with our Bond candidate rumors.

How about this.................Elvis faked his death and will come out of hiding in the year 2025 to play Bond. He'll be a youthful 90 and has signed on to be 007 until he reaches the age of 100.
    In addition, Elvis will sing the title song and will be the first American Bond since Barry Nelson.

If we can get this rumor out into the world, I guarantee the public will buy it. They'll believe anything. I still know people who ask me how the Idris Bond film was, as well as that Tom Hardy Bond epic. I tell them those films were great.
    Even better than CR.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I've always maintained that any forum member here could easily embrace their inner Bond villain and concoct the most outrageous "who will play Bond rumor".

In this day and age people are gullible enough to believe anything, especially as social media reigns strong. I just wish there could have been something created more original than Pattinson or Chalamet. Yawn. Snooze city.

How about this.................Elvis faked his death and will come out of hiding in the year 2025 to play Bond. He'll be a youthful 90 and has signed on to be 007 until he reaches the age of 100.
    In addition, Elvis will sing the title song and will be the first American Bond since Barry Nelson.

If we can get this rumor out into the world, I guarantee the public will buy it. They'll believe anything. I still know people who ask me how the Idris Bond film was, as well as that Tom Hardy Bond epic. I tell them those films were great.
    Even better than CR.

This Elvis rumour, there must be some truth to it?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Even better than CR.

This Elvis rumour, there must be some truth to it?

I’d prefer Elvis to Chamalet.
    I think we need to clarify: Predicting the next Bond and being a fan of a particuialr actor are two different things. Predicting means trying to get inside the mindset of EON and trying to work out where they want to go with the series and what have the learned from working with DC plus, also, the mindset of the potential candidates. How many of them really want this role. Not all actors really have the ambition to play such an iconic role.

Hemsworth or Cavill would be perfect if EON want to go in a certain direction. But how likely is that? No very IMHO.

Considering the DC era has looked at both age and retirement,plus has portrayed a gruff, tough , sometimes humourless, intraspective Bond, the obvious reset is a much younger, smoother, charming, Cary Grant style Bond (but still a cold killer).
  • I'd take Elvis' corpse over Cavill. At least he'd have more presence and charisma. Oh, and his thespian skills would also be better. Please, please, please, please, please don't ever let Cavill be cast in the role.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    I'd take Elvis' corpse over Cavill. At least he'd have more presence and charisma. Oh, and his thespian skills would also be better. Please, please, please, please, please don't ever let Cavill be cast in the role.

Did Cavill bang your missus or something? He's not THAT bad.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'd take Elvis' corpse over Cavill. At least he'd have more presence and charisma. Oh, and his thespian skills would also be better. Please, please, please, please, please don't ever let Cavill be cast in the role.

It would explain the constant use of the word "wooden".
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England

Haha.

• At 8:00 minutes in the video

I can see it.

2da97ab67a2bebf6dadb004fac900ae4.jpg

:))

3uk4hrbu4yf11.jpg
    oo12.jpg
    intro-1601393573.jpg
    170306603.jpg

🤢🤢🤢. I dread him being cast. He is so wooden and has zero presence. It would be really regressive. Craig has upped the game.

There's something about Cavill's skin that looks odd and doll like. If there ever was a live action Barbie movie, he'd make a perfect Ken. He is also perfect for luxury goods adverts playing a poor man's Bond. To Bond, he's the new Clive Owen.
  • I'd take Elvis' corpse over Cavill. At least he'd have more presence and charisma. Oh, and his thespian skills would also be better. Please, please, please, please, please don't ever let Cavill be cast in the role.

He is. He's unbelievably bland. It stinks of Brosnan era, paint-by-numbers Bond. Please cast someone with edge and presence. It would be like going from Veuve Clicquot to Buckfast.