The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241
    When I finally put James on my bench, he actually plays 90 mins and gets a clean sheet…

I dont care what anyone says, so much of FPL is down to luck.

Can't disagree with that. When you think about the number of situations that must go your way, there's no doubt a big amount of that which is purely down to luck. In FPL, you spend time trying to figure out how to put your team in a position to benefit from likely outcomes. But to get those really good overall ranks, you need the element of luck as well.

Salah (C) with a disallowed goal, and a 4 point score in the end. I'm really not getting anything right this season so far!

It sure is down to luck.
    Salah hit the post too.

I know… :(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Been working all weekend though seems most have not had good GW's. Son and Kane to go for me, any one of them getting a haul will hurt having captained Salah.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited October 2020 Posts: 2,341
    Been working all weekend though seems most have not had good GW's. Son and Kane to go for me, any one of them getting a haul will hurt having captained Salah.

Son vc and Kane c for me too.
    Just about everyone has at least one of them in their team.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,104

Son goal late in the game, hoping Kane blanks for the remainder lol
    Edited: Kane with the assist
    Edited: Now the assist has been taken of Kane on the FPL app
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Those 2 are like batman and robin :)>-

Those 2 are like batman and robin :)>-

I see Kane got the assist in the end (on FPL), they certainly are the dynamic due for Spurs, I will hang onto them a while longer, the next two fixtures a good then its 3 tough games.
    ---
    Made one Free Transfer, now I have the 3 current best strikers in the game as my front 3. They will all blank next GW I bet lol

A bit late again, but here's the gameweek 6 update!

In a gameweek where many struggled to get good score, there were still some managers that picked up plenty of points – one of them was MEJICO POWA, our gameweek 6 winner. Congratulations! =D>

IHBMcNE.jpg
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: ☆Fa3inho FC☆ / False 9 FC
    GW 2: Honesty FC
    GW 3: MEJICO POWA
    GW 4: Liverpool Richmond
    GW 5: Cremonese-killen
    G2 6: MEJICO POWA
    League table standings:

1. Colombian Sly Foxes: GW57 - TOT 347
    2. Liverpool Richmond: GW50 - TOT 334
    3. False 9 FC: GW50 - TOT 334
    4. MEJICO POWA: GW75 - TOT 333
    5. Eze Peze JapanEz: GW 55 - TOT 328
    6. Team Extreme: GW 46 - TOT 324
    7. Ayew Crazy !: GW 67 TOT 317
    8. Honesty FC: GW 54 - TOT 311
    9. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 42 - TOT 284
    10. Cremonese-killen: GW 48 - TOT 283
    11: LVLA Skopje 05: GW 52 - TOT 278
    12.☆Fa3inho FC☆: GW 36 - TOT 278
    13. Raymond Reddington: GW 38 - TOT 271
    14. Shoots...he scores: GW 53 - TOT 267
    15. Anfield FC: GW 53 - TOT 264
    16. Raging Bulls: GW 49 - TOT 259
    17. GoldyTheRefStars: GW 45 - TOT 259
    18. Para bailar Lallana!: GW 36 - TOT 244

______

We have another Friday night deadline, so remember to have your teams ready before the 18:30 UK deadline!
    There are 2 players I want in though not sure I can justify a -8 to do so, as the players they will replace could match them this GW. Would be a bit of a side ways move.

Dam had to deal with something and missed deadline just seen Rodriguez is out, oh well Klitch to come in.
    There are 2 players I want in though not sure I can justify a -8 to do so, as the players they will replace could match them this GW. Would be a bit of a side ways move.

That looks like a decision that's best to leave for another gameweek, IMO! Could easily backfire.

I've been in so much doubt what to do this gameweek, so I've decided to make things easy for myself, and do absolutely nothing. The team is identical to last gameweek, only with James in the starting eleven instead of Lamptey. I'm not expecting many points from this team, but I feel the two free transfers leaves me in a better spot for next weekend.

That looks like a decision that's best to leave for another gameweek, IMO! Could easily backfire.

I've been in so much doubt what to do this gameweek, so I've decided to make things easy for myself, and do absolutely nothing. The team is identical to last gameweek, only with James in the starting eleven instead of Lamptey. I'm not expecting many points from this team, but I feel the two free transfers leaves me in a better spot for next weekend.

I was going to go Rodriguez (who is definitely out now) and Grealish < Rashford and Foden

I was going to go Rodriguez (who is definitely out now) and Grealish < Rashford and Foden

Well, depending on your bench options, you could almost have called that -8 move a -4 with Rodriguez not playing. But it would have been risky even so.

Well, depending on your bench options, you could almost have called that -8 move a -4 with Rodriguez not playing. But it would have been risky even so.

Probably not the best week to take hits either, United still got a few awkward fixtures. I can see a draw v Arsenal at the weekend.

Probably not the best week to take hits either, United still got a few awkward fixtures. I can see a draw v Arsenal at the weekend.

It feels like a tricky week for transfers, that's for sure.
    I think United are in much better form, and can't see Arsenal being that much of a threat really.
    _____
    Saïss benched. Should probably have made a transfer anyway…
    Here are the gameweek 7 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 5
    Son: 5
    Kane: 4
    Keane: 1
    Martial: 1
    Werner: 1
    Mané: 1

With decent fixtures for both teams, it's no surprise to see Salah, Son and Kane being the most captained players in our league this weekend, with five managers backing the first two for points, and four managers hoping Kane will deliver.

Good luck everyone!

I think United are in much better form, and can't see Arsenal being that much of a threat really.
    _____

My defence is in trouble as Lascelles is out and I have Sais and mitchel is a doubt I may only have 2 defenders :)), Taylor to come in thats it

_____

My defence is in trouble as Lascelles is out and I have Sais and mitchel is a doubt I may only have 2 defenders :)), Taylor to come in thats it

Mitchell is not in the Palace squad at all, is he? Lamptey will come on for me, by the looks of things – unless Saïss gets a cameo.

_____

Mitchell is not in the Palace squad at all, isn't he? Lamptey will come on for me, by the looks of things – unless Saïss gets a cameo.

Yeah just checked Mitchel nowhere, so praying on Lascelles or Sais to come on and get a goal or assist lol

_____

Mitchell is not in the Palace squad at all, isn't he? Lamptey will come on for me, by the looks of things – unless Saïss gets a cameo.

Yeah just checked Mitchel nowhere, so praying on Lascelles or Sais to come on and get a goal or assist lol

Doesn't look promising for Lascelles…

Saïss is likely one of my transfers next gameweek. A 5.0 and above player needs to feature every gameweek. Podence is another player I'm looking to replace. I need to make an additional transfer to upgrade Podence though, so I'm already looking at a -4.

_____

Saïss is likely one of my transfers next gameweek. A 5.0 and above player needs to feature every gameweek. Podence is another player I'm looking to replace. I need to make an additional transfer to upgrade Podence though, so I'm already looking at a -4.

Agreed on Sais at that price he needs to be a starter, I am reluctant to use hits on defenders though may not have an option.

_____

Agreed on Sais at that price he needs to be a starter, I am reluctant to use hits on defenders though may not have an option.

I think it depends on how you approach the transfers. Usually it's best to avoid using hits on defenders - especially this season, as points are so unpredictable. But if you're able to do a significant upgrade and/or have a long term plan with the transfers, it might pay off. It really depends on the state of your current team.

_____

I think it depends on how you approach the transfers. Usually it's best to avoid using hits on defenders - especially this season, as points are so unpredictable. But if you're able to do a significant upgrade and/or have a long term plan with the transfers, it might pay off. It really depends on the state of your current team.

I see Podence delivered. Having a poor defense this week not too bothered, as if I took a hit no guarantee I would get clean sheets

_____

I see Podence delivered. Having a poor defense this week not too bothered, as if I took a hit no guarantee I would get clean sheets

Yes, finally! Won't expect him to do so very often though.

Indeed, no defence looks like a clean sheet guarantee so far this season, so you probably did right not taking hits.

_____

Indeed, no defence looks like a clean sheet guarantee so far this season, so you probably did right not taking hits.

Just been looking at defense options with up coming fixtures no one really is appealing.

Watching Liverpool game desperately need something from Robertson and Salah having a terrible GW so far.

_____

Just been looking at defense options with up coming fixtures no one really is appealing.

Watching Liverpool game desperately need something from Robertson and Salah having a terrible GW so far.

Tell me about it! I have to look at Saïss options, but there are few appealing options out there. Might have to just find a cheap option and push some funds into midfield.

Podence (finally) and James have delivered for me so far, and at my overall rank I desperately needed them to! Like you, I'm relying on Salah to deliver, but I fear that the two Sp*rs guys will outscore him…

_____

Tell me about it! I have to look at Saïss options, but there are few appealing options out there. Might have to just find a cheap option and push some funds into midfield.

Podence (finally) and James have delivered for me so far, and at my overall rank I desperately needed them to! Like you, I'm relying on Salah to deliver, but I fear that the two Sp*rs guys will outscore him…

West Ham take lead at Anfield there goes the clean sheet

_____

Had a feeling this would happen. I might end up transferring out Saïss and Alexander-Arnold!

_____

Had a feeling this would happen. I might end up transferring out Saïss and Alexander-Arnold!

I could do the same Sais and Robertson would free up extra funds also. This season may as well just go cheap defenders. All of a sudden Liverpool look beatable

_____

I could do the same Sais and Robertson would free up extra funds also. This season may as well just go cheap defenders. All of a sudden Liverpool look beatable

Yes, there's definitely a case for going cheap, or semi-cheap with a 5.0-something defender as the most expensive option. Many (top) managers dropped Alexander-Arnold before this gameweek, it looks like.

Also, this is quite telling:

_____

Yes, there's definitely a case for going cheap, or semi-cheap with a 5.0-something defender as the most expensive option. Many (top) managers dropped Alexander-Arnold before this gameweek, it looks like.

Robertson form is better than TAA though not enough clean sheets.

Salah goal thankfully, hope for more in second half. They played he Bond theme at half time.

_____

Robertson form is better than TAA though not enough clean sheets.

Salah goal thankfully, hope for more in second half. They played he Bond theme at half time.

Agree, and at those prices you have to consider if cheaper options will be better.

I had a feeling he'd miss that pen, but luckily it went in! And yes, a really nice tribute that.