No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Just watched the interview with Craig on the Fallon Show. Two things jumped out at me -

1) Craig definitely doesn't suit short, skinhead hair. SF proved that, and seeing that interview reminded me of the fact.

2) The clip. Wow! I'm back on board being excited for the film again. That clip was awesome. Bit of tension, Craig looks battered, action looks plausible. Yes, this is what I want to see in a Bond film.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    With proper orchestration you can turn most any tune into a Bond song. Yet this is 1) a poor composition with regards to a Bond song, 2) its strict adherence to tempo leaves no nuances in the timing and 3) Ilsey Juber's voice is not suited for this song. It just shows that it takes quite some craftmanship to compose and perform a good song. Kudos to Billie and Fineas Eilish!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Ben Whishaw on the cover of 1883 Magazine Risqué Issue

NveaISw.jpg

Pre-order: http://www.1883magazine.com/store/

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's quite the look!
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    That guy should play james Bond!
  • familymottofamilymotto Spain
    edited October 2020 Posts: 24

Regarding the music, there is very little to get from this as it's such a suspenseful scene but I'm getting QoS vibes especially from that last guitar twang before the clip ends

Reminds me of one the best scenes/cues from QoS

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Just watched the interview with Craig on the Fallon Show. Two things jumped out at me -

1) Craig definitely doesn't suit short, skinhead hair. SF proved that, and seeing that interview reminded me of the fact.

2) The clip. Wow! I'm back on board being excited for the film again. That clip was awesome. Bit of tension, Craig looks battered, action looks plausible. Yes, this is what I want to see in a Bond film.

The SF 'do wasn't a total "skinhead" crew cut, though close. What we're seeing now is a COVID clipper job. LOL
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I really liked his hair in Skyfall personally, and the tighter suits. Skyfall is my favourite look of his - again personally :)
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Fashion gome's and go but Bond is not "skinhead" character.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 299
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I love how he gets grazed by bullet and barely even flinches.

He's like: "Damn these Italian mosquitos" and then "Oh, someone's shooting at me".[/quote]

I don't like the idea of bulletproof Bond. It's awful. Bullets hurts and Bond is not a Superman.
    I hope that it will be revealed that he's wearing a bulletproof jacket from Q Branch.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    MSL49 wrote: »
    Fashion gome's and go but Bond is not "skinhead" character.

He actually did get a buzz cut in the the original LALD novel.
  • And Connery wore a toupee, he was a skin head under there.
  • Does anyone think that the role of NTTD's delay in "killing cinemas" is a bit overblown? I've seen a fair few stories now in several different papers about how the postponement will be the nail in the coffin of the cinema industry. I admit I know very little about that side of the movie business and would be glad to be enlightened about it.

It just seems odd that people are laying the blame on the shoulders of a single film for saving an entire business sector. It seems to me that if you needed that one movie to keep you alive you were in pretty rough shape to begin with. And anyway with COVID still in play, cinemas are selling (at best) half as many tickets per screening, and no food or drink - which as I understand it is a major profit center for them.

Is this being overblown, or am I missing something?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    @octofinger Part of it is that Bond was the last straw after a slew of post-Tenet delays, also that in the UK and outside the US in general Tenet did pretty well given the circumstances!

But ultimately it's all about what the Bond delay does - more and more films vacate 2020 as cinemas end up closing as a result of the Bond delay... The idea behind Tenet sticking out is that it was gonna lead to Quiet Place 2, Wonder Woman, Black Widow, Bond all coming right after it. Due to Tenet's US underperformance, everyone panicked.

And actually, food and drink is still allowed in the UK... Take the US, San Francisco, the mayor said that cinemas could open but without concession - the cinemas said they'd rather stay closed.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Central Scotland (which includes Glasgow and Edinburgh) has entered lockdown from today and the whole of the North of England will be heading into full lockdown next week. All bars, restaurants, theatres etc be closing.

If NTTD hadn't been delayed already, it most certainly would by now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Librarian wrote: »

He's like: "Damn these Italian mosquitos" and then "Oh, someone's shooting at me".

I don't like the idea of bulletproof Bond. It's awful. Bullets hurts and Bond is not a Superman.
    I hope that it will be revealed that he's wearing a bulletproof jacket from Q Branch.
    [/quote]

He's not hit by it, it just grazes him.
    Wonder Woman skipping will most likely happen given the state of theaters around the world. It's really sad because going to see a movie, especially Bond, has been such a mainstay of my life it's hard to reckon with what the future might bring. C'est la vie, mi amigos.

Bond should simply do the same and go straight to streaming to try to get some kind of positive out of this situation. At least Ben looks fantastic and Craig is in high spirits! That's something good. :))
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Lol he won’t.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    edited October 2020 Posts: 265
    mtm wrote: »

He's like: "Damn these Italian mosquitos" and then "Oh, someone's shooting at me".

He's not hit by it, it just grazes him.[/quote]

Personally, I wouldn't have minded it at that moment during the bridge attack scene. Would've added more tension and higher stakes if a bullet Bond in the arm or shoulder.
  • mtm wrote: »

He's not hit by it, it just grazes him.

Personally, I wouldn't have minded it at that moment during the bridge attack scene. Would've added more tension and higher stakes if a bullet Bond in the arm or shoulder.[/quote]

I quite like that he was grazed by a bullet. I don't believe that's happened before in a Bond film. Close enough for tension but also allows him to realistically fight on.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2020 Posts: 972
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Wonder Woman skipping will most likely happen given the state of theaters around the world. It's really sad because going to see a movie, especially Bond, has been such a mainstay of my life it's hard to reckon with what the future might bring. C'est la vie, mi amigos.

Bond should simply do the same and go straight to streaming to try to get some kind of positive out of this situation. At least Ben looks fantastic and Craig is in high spirits! That's something good. :))

With the rise in cases in Europe, the release for April is definitely in doubt now. They love delaying it so it would probably never be released in 2021.

Keep enjoying the clips guys. It's probably all we'll be able to see of the movie.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    With the rise in cases in Europe, the release for April is definitely in doubt now. They love delaying it so it would probably never be released in 2021.

Keep enjoying the clips guys. It's probably all we'll be able to see of the movie.
    Six months plus from now. Not sure why you'd say that.

I'm thinking differently at this point in time.

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2020 Posts: 972

That's what we thought months ago too when they announced November for a release.

Expect a surge in cases as we approach Christmas and the new year. Followed by the Chinese New year holiday where people will be moving around a lot. Unless they suddenly decide to stream the movie, I'm not expecting a release in 2021 at all. Hope I'm wrong.

After all the hope I've placed in November only to be disappointed by yet another delay, I'm definitely not placing hopes for a 2021 release.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I fully expect films being pushed back over and over until we actually straighten out ourselves and act responsibly. If we can’t we don’t deserve these movies.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 12,916

That's what we thought months ago too when they announced November for a release.

Expect a surge in cases as we approach Christmas and the new year. Followed by the Chinese New year holiday where people will be moving around a lot. Unless they suddenly decide to stream the movie, I'm not expecting a release in 2021 at all. Hope I'm wrong.

After all the hope I've placed in November only to be disappointed by yet another delay, I'm definitely not placing hopes for a 2021 release.

Your last comment implied the film won't be seen until 2022, maybe hyperbole I understand.

But I don't have that ethos. Based on my awareness of the current state at the time and anticipating the future, knowing applied science and allowed protocols for theater attendance I'll pretty much support seeing the film whenever it's available. That's not automatically how all filmgoers will react, let's see how they do.

Time will tell, and we're not even close on that count timewise.

600707ca7597ec404b924394a05f99c4f03f4a27.png
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,921
    I fully expect films being pushed back over and over until we actually straighten out ourselves and act responsibly. If we can’t we don’t deserve these movies.

+1
  • StarkStark France
    Do you know if the orchestral version of No Time to Die by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will be in the film ?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

This is pretty much it, unfortunately.
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    The_Reaper wrote: »

Drama queen much?