The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited October 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Why did he take Bruno off? Injury?
    12 point Hit imminent :))

I'm actually considering the same…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    5 - 1 painful
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

if you get the right players in it will be worth it, nothing to lose now, just wish the International break was not happening due to potential covid cases, though price rises are imminent.

Maybe wait until after the international break though. You don't want to have to take extra hits if there are injuries from those games. On the other hand, transfer fees may go up in that time.

if you get the right players in it will be worth it, nothing to lose now, just wish the International break was not happening due to potential covid cases, though price rises are imminent.

I've seen managers pulling off some incredible -12's, so it is possible! Annoying that we have the international break now though.
    slyfox wrote: »

Maybe wait until after the international break though. You don't want to have to take extra hits if there are injuries from those games. On the other hand, transfer fees may go up in that time.

Indeed, it's best to wait for sure. It's looking increasingly likely I'll be taking my first ever -12 though. Don't think I've even taken a -8 before!

I've seen managers pulling off some incredible -12's, so it is possible! Annoying that we have the international break now though.

Indeed, it's best to wait for sure. It's looking increasingly likely I'll be taking my first ever -12 though. Don't think I've even taken a -8 before!

If you get your captaincy right you could make that up. The next set of games have some trickier games to predict though for captaincy I think.

Everton vs Liverpool
    Man City vs Arsenal
    Newcastle vs Man United
    Spurs vs West Ham
    Chelsea vs Southampton
    Leicester vs Aston Villa
    I said to a mate United would not win there first 5 games, ok we scraped a lucky win v Brighton though I see Newcastle beating us, Ole wont last long IMO.

If you get your captaincy right you could make that up. The next set of games have some trickier games to predict though for captaincy I think.

Everton vs Liverpool
    Man City vs Arsenal
    Newcastle vs Man United
    Spurs vs West Ham
    Chelsea vs Southampton
    Leicester vs Aston Villa

Yes, if going through with a -12, I'll be gambling that the captaincy will help out making up for the points hit.

As you write though, the captaincy for next gameweek is tricky. Lot's of potential good captaincy scores, where picking the right (or wrong) ones can have a massive impact.
    I said to a mate United would not win there first 5 games, ok we scraped a lucky win v Brighton though I see Newcastle beating us, Ole wont last long IMO.

I never really understood the appointment. Sure, a former player turned manager with a few decent seasons of winning the league back home in Norway. But long term though, you probably need a name like Pochettino, Alegri or someone like that to really get the results going.

You can also ask questions about Arsenal appointing a manager who's going into his first managerial job, but Arsenal are not in the same position as United in terms of funds available and stature.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 23,102
    Spurs penalty, Ole OUT!!!

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

But the internationals, mate! It's really early to be doing a move like that!

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

I am 100 points off top in cash league, plus price rises I have to get form players. I have got rid of United players as I can only see a rough several weeks ahead.

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

I am 100 points off top in cash league, plus price rises I have to get form players. I have got rid of United players as I can only see a rough several weeks ahead.

Seems a bit fast to make moves, IMO. Would at least waited to see how the internationals play out. I'm in the same situation re. hits and rankings in leagues/overall (you're doing better than me, actually!), but will wait as long as possible before making transfers. I fear I'll be priced out on a few moves over the international break though…

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

Seems a bit fast to make moves, IMO. Would at least waited to see how the internationals play out. I'm in the same situation re. hits and rankings in leagues/overall (you're doing better than me, actually!), but will wait as long as possible before making transfers. I fear I'll be priced out on a few moves over the international break though…

Maybe though FPL one week you can get 40 points another 80 so for me its worth the gamble as I cant play it safe or I will lose even more ground.

Ole interview incoming, I will lose it if he says 'That's football' lol

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

Maybe though FPL one week you can get 40 points another 80 so for me its worth the gamble as I cant play it safe or I will lose even more ground.

We need to play our own game of course, but that looked early to make those moves! I'm having a look at my own team now, and can get a decent team for a -8, rather than a -12. Will likely be priced out of those moves anyway though.

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

We need to play our own game of course, but that looked early to make those moves! I'm having a look at my own team now, and can get a decent team for a -8, rather than a -12. Will likely be priced out of those moves anyway though.

I have lost out a couple of times because of price rises, I had to get Robertson instead of TAA for example.

Not sure I can watch the Liverpool game after that debacle, Ole is not going nowhere based on his interview, credit to him for third last season though I have never really been convinced and playing unfit players instead of blatantly sharper ones is baffling.

6 - 1 Kane

---

Just took a -12 HIT

I have lost out a couple of times because of price rises, I had to get Robertson instead of TAA for example.

Not sure I can watch the Liverpool game after that debacle, Ole is not going nowhere based on his interview, credit to him for third last season though I have never really been convinced and playing unfit players instead of blatantly sharper ones is baffling.

Same here, but with the internationals I might just have to go for plan B options with more knowledge of the state of the squads in a couple weeks time, rather than make the moves I ideally want to make, fearing that something might happen during the break…

It's a game I rather not watch too, with Martínez, Alexander-Arnold and Salah (VC) to play. Rosenborg are playing at the same time though, so I have that game to watch instead!
    Villa scored already bye bye clean sheet

I really wanted to get a Liverpool def double-up on wildcard, but couldn't afford it. Bound to happen at some point though, but for now I'm fine with just Alexander-Arnold.

I really wanted to get a Liverpool def double-up on wildcard, but couldn't afford it. Bound to happen at some point though, but for now I'm fine with just Alexander-Arnold.

Same here when I saw them consede against Leeds I jumped off double defence. Defending this season is none existant so far, though Southampton had second clean sheet in a row.

Same here when I saw them consede against Leeds I jumped off double defence. Defending this season is none existant so far, though Southampton had second clean sheet in a row.

Just after I dropped McCarthy they started keeping clean sheets! :))

I had Bednerak GW1, my GW1 team looks good on reflection lol

Villa 2 - 0 Watkins 2 goals, Grealish 2 assists @-)

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Villa 2 - 0 Watkins 2 goals, Grealish 2 assists :-O
    Now it's 3 - 1 lol Salah scored though

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Had him too! Sold him before his clean sheets! Kept their keeper though.

I've decided to get Kane straight back into my squad. Werner has been disappointing so far and doesn't even take the Chelsea penalties so I've let him go. Spurs next four fixtures:

West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom

The Son and Kane partnership is looking immense. Has to be plenty of goals in those above games.

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

I've decided to get Kane straight back into my squad. Werner has been disappointing so far and doesn't even take the Chelsea penalties so I've let him go. Spurs next four fixtures:

The Son and Kane partnership is looking immense. Has to be plenty of goals in those above games.

I just got in Kane, Son, DCL and Rodriguez
    Villa 4 - 1 Liverpool the crazy results continue not even half time

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Nice. I have all of them so our teams will probably be quite similar.

I'm in Colombia at the mo and James Rodriguez is like a god to the people here. They show every Everton game on tv now, even if it's a 6.30am kick off and even showed their Cup match against Salford. I had him since the start and he's influenced every game so far. Just makes football look so effortless and easy. His vision is insane. Looking forward to the Liverpool game.

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Nice. I have all of them so our teams will probably be quite similar.

I'm in Colombia at the mo and James Rodriguez is like a god to the people here. They show every Everton game on tv now, even if it's a 6.30am kick off and even showed their Cup match against Salford. I had him since the start and he's influenced every game so far. Just makes football look so effortless and easy. His vision is insane. Looking forward to the Liverpool game.

Rodriguez played under Ancelotti previously if I remember that will no doubt help, looks like Everton have built a team around him.

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Those fixture are something to target, no doubt!

Same here, haha!*

*with a few exceptions

Good transfers!