Quantum of Solace (2020) Expanded script - the 2h 20min version of QoS

My Quantum of Solace (2020) Expanded script is finished.

I recreated Quantum of Solace (2008) as a screenplay paying careful attention to the writing styles of Purvis & Wade and Paul Haggis and added to it. My script expands what was a 1h 46min movie into a 2h 20min movie and incorporates characters and plot details that were revealed in the book Some Kind of Hero and on MI6-hq.co.uk.

You can download my Quantum of Solace (2020) Expanded script here
https://pdfhost.io/v/NKccEqtKR_QoS_2020_Expanded_0919_Script.pdf

Find out:
1. How when Greene told Bond what he wanted to know about Quantum, it was a trap.
2. How Mr. White orchestrates Quantum's next destructive move.
3. What happens to Guy Haines.
4. How Bond survives a massive shoot out with the Lord's Resistance Army

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Now the fun begins
    This looks like a great read
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I've only read a few pages (mainly from the end) and I like these pages. Thanks for sharing.
    Are you interested in screenplay writing in general @Someone? Or was it a first try? How many hours did it take?
    I've only read a few pages (mainly from the end) and I like these pages. Thanks for sharing.
    Are you interested in screenplay writing in general @Someone? Or was it a first try? How many hours did it take?

How many hours? Lots. You have to think of writing like painting, you do it for the enjoyment. And yes I am interested in screenwriting.

The new stuff is from page 96.

There is an additional scene explaining how Mathis ends up in the back of Bond's car. It starts on page 62.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    This looks like a great read

Thanks!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I read through all of it and I loved it. I'm a bit tired right now, so I will share some deeper thoughts on this tomorrow.
    One thing I want to say: reading this once again reminded me how great and thought provoking QoS dialogues are, much better than what we got in Spectre.
    I would've changed the whole Mathis death scene and dialogue, as that's the biggest stain in QOS for me. That code name thing, and the dumpster really don't work, IMO. But apart from that, which wasn't new work, this extended script is top notch, well done.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I read through all of it and I loved it. I'm a bit tired right now, so I will share some deeper thoughts on this tomorrow.
    One thing I want to say: reading this once again reminded me how great and thought provoking QoS dialogues are, much better than what we got in Spectre.

Thanks!
    Univex wrote: »
    I would've changed the whole Mathis death scene and dialogue, as that's the biggest stain in QOS for me. That code name thing, and the dumpster really don't work, IMO. But apart from that, which wasn't new work, this extended script is top notch, well done.

I really appreciate that, thanks very much, glad you like it.

I'm working on creating my own version of No Time To Die. I am taking all the scenes and dialogue we've seen so far and weaving it into my own version of the film. If the film comes out in November though I doubt I'll have it finished before then.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited October 2020 Posts: 539
    I like how you expanded the water ransom plot into something much bigger and with higher stakes. And Haines' death was a nice reference to the Octopussy short story. I assume that's what you were doing there anyway.

In an ideal world Greene would've been more of a minor villain whom Bond would encounter in the first act and his theft of Bolivia's water would've been the first phase of the bigger plan you described here. But obviously the purpose of this exercise wasn't to rewrite the whole movie, so well done.
    I like how you expanded the water ransom plot into something much bigger and with higher stakes. And Haines' death was a nice reference to the Octopussy short story. I assume that's what you were doing there anyway.

In an ideal world Greene would've been more of a minor villain whom Bond would encounter in the first act and his theft of Bolivia's water would've been the first phase of the bigger plan you described here. But obviously the purpose of this exercise wasn't to rewrite the whole movie, so well done.

Thanks very much, I'm glad you liked it. Yes it was inspired by Octopussy. And yes, the idea was to take what was the film and add to it.

I had always wondered why Camille was driving a hydrogen powered car and they were both in a hydrogen powered car at the end. I did some research and found out that hydrogen can be made from water and oil and gas and hydrogen cars use 'fuel cells' and they are said in the film to power the hotel. A fuel cell is actually the 'engine' used for hydrogen fuel for any application, because they generate electricity. And a key ingredient in the fuel cell is platinum; which I then found mostly comes from Canada and Russia. And we have Canadian intelligence and a location is Russia so I wondered if this hydrogen power was a plot they were going for. Creating a hydrogen cyanide chemical weapon was then an easy step to make.

Now NTTD has been delayed to April next year I am going full steam ahead with my own version taking the scenes we have seen in the publicity and unofficial sources like Twitter. It's going to be interesting, for me anyway, to see how my script differs to the Purvis & Wade, Fukunaga movie.
  • zantle97zantle97 U.S.
    Hi! I loved it! When will your NTTD script br available?
    Thanks very much, glad you liked QoS Expanded.

I won't make Nothing is Forever (No Time To Die Re-imagined) 2021 available until the first day of NTTD's actual theatrical release to avoid anyone being naughty with it.

You can read a handful of pages from Nothing is Forever here
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/53114/download-my-nothing-is-forever-no-time-to-die-reimagined-script-here-in-the-future#latest

I'll also make available my Operation Vengeance script, which was something I wrote after Spectre because I had a feeling they would being back Madeleine and Blofeld, on NTTD's release date; again because they did bring back Madeleine and Blofeld and I don't want people claiming they have the NTTD script.

Op Vengeance could be viewed online temporarily a while ago but you couldn't download it. Next time it will be downloadable.
    Someone wrote: »
    Thanks very much, glad you liked QoS Expanded.

I won't make Nothing is Forever (No Time To Die Re-imagined) 2021 available until the first day of NTTD's actual theatrical release to avoid anyone being naughty with it.

https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/53114/download-my-nothing-is-forever-no-time-to-die-reimagined-script-here-in-the-future#latest

I'll also make available my Operation Vengeance script, which was something I wrote after Spectre because I had a feeling they would being back Madeleine and Blofeld, on NTTD's release date; again because they did bring back Madeleine and Blofeld and I don't want people claiming they have the NTTD script.

Op Vengeance could be viewed online temporarily a while ago but you couldn't download it. Next time it will be downloadable.

I checked out the snippets in the link... love the border control scene! Will look forward to reading your final script, but of course only after seeing the film first!

I checked out the snippets in the link... love the border control scene! Will look forward to reading your final script, but of course only after seeing the film first!

Glad you liked that. Humour is always difficult. I thought the idea of Bond only having that passport after what has happened to him as a funny opportunity. Only 3 months 24 days to go!
  • Someone wrote: »

Can't wait to read your script!
    Hi Herr_Stockman, nice to hear from you, hope you're well. I will send you a link to view the script, like we did before so you can review it and give me notes. Thanks for your help before. It will probably be in July I'll be ready for you and Number24 to give me feedback again.
  • kadeklodtkadeklodt Ottumwa, IA.
    Hi Herr_Stockman, nice to hear from you, hope you're well. I will send you a link to view the script, like we did before so you can review it and give me notes. Thanks for your help before. It will probably be in July I'll be ready for you and Number24 to give me feedback again.

You did an amazing job with the rewrites, this makes me feel like creating a new version of QOS.