No Time to Die production thread

Comments

We have a 15/70 projector here in Denmark. The Planetarium.
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    Just watched Tenet. Rather good and definitely another nice audition for Nolan directing a Bond movie. Good cast too. Had the trailer for NTTD. Feels like an age since we saw it first.
    wetnelly wrote: »
    Just watched Tenet. Rather good and definitely another nice audition for Nolan directing a Bond movie. Good cast too. Had the trailer for NTTD. Feels like an age since we saw it first.

Did they update the release date to November in the trailer?
    No thanks. Tenet is more proof Nolan can’t direct bond. The biggest criticism seems to be how boring and dry the characters are. That’s antithetical to Bond. Which needs vibrant characters. Also the man is more sexless than a 13th century monk. I’ve never seen a director so uninterested in sexuality. No thanks.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Coming soon....as cryptic as that

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Well, in the original Dec. 4th upload, now it says NOVEMBER.

No thanks. Tenet is more proof Nolan can’t direct bond. The biggest criticism seems to be how boring and dry the characters are. That’s antithetical to Bond. Which needs vibrant characters. Also the man is more sexless than a 13th century monk. I’ve never seen a director so uninterested in sexuality. No thanks.

Perhaps it’s a little cold or isolated in places, and Elizabeth Dubicki practically plays her same character from The Night Manager,
    But it makes up for a good spectacle on the big screen, but I thought Washington and Branagh’s characters were strong and had depth.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Can we keep all this Tenet stuff in the appropriate thread? :)

Coming soon....as cryptic as that

That is depressing.
  • No thanks. Tenet is more proof Nolan can’t direct bond. The biggest criticism seems to be how boring and dry the characters are. That’s antithetical to Bond. Which needs vibrant characters. Also the man is more sexless than a 13th century monk. I’ve never seen a director so uninterested in sexuality. No thanks.

It felt like he would make quite an average, tired Bond film. Which surprised me, before Tenet I would have thought he would have made a somewhat decent Bond film. Saw it tonight, had NTTD trailer and Black Widow trailer, was really weird only having two trailers.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    If Tenet is what Nolan’s idea of what a Bond film is, I hope he never makes one. They’ve really tried to sell Tenet as “Nolan’s crack at a Bond-esque spy movie” and the movie just isnt that. So either marketing are selling it wrong, or Nolan believes that what Bond is, which it isnt.

@Benjamin_Weekly69 your comments are spot on, Nolan can do spectacle like no one else. But he cant do characters and he cant do romance or relationships,
  • Mallory wrote: »
    If Tenet is what Nolan’s idea of what a Bond film is, I hope he never makes one. They’ve really tried to sell Tenet as “Nolan’s crack at a Bond-esque spy movie” and the movie just isnt that. So either marketing are selling it wrong, or Nolan believes that what Bond is, which it isnt.

@Benjamin_Weekly69 your comments are spot on, Nolan can do spectacle like no one else. But he cant do characters and he cant do romance or relationships,

The protagonist, main villain and kept woman aspect felt very Bond.
    I think I'll pass on TENET. I won't go and see a new movie until Bond.
    Never quite understood the hype for Nolan . I liked TDK and have a copy of it. However I'm never in the mood for it. I'd rather he not direct a Bond. I'm hoping Fukunaga is so good he stays on for the next film.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Never quite understood the hype for Nolan . I liked TDK and have a copy of it. However I'm never in the mood for it. I'd rather he not direct a Bond. I'm hoping Fukunaga is so good he stays on for the next film.

This would be the perfect scenario for me. If he nails it get him back - Cary is quite a multifaceted director.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,352
    Daniel Craig will reportedly receive a fat pay cheque of 50 million pounds for his last outing as James Bond in the next 007 film, found in a google search.

Does anyone think this is true ?
    We don't want Nolan. It's Denis Villeneuve we need. Now that is a man that would make an exquisite Bond film. His skillset is almost divine design made for Bond. I drool as I think about it.

James Cameron would also make a great Bond. True Lies made sure of that.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2020 Posts: 3,497
    We don't want Nolan. It's Denis Villeneuve we need. Now that is a man that would make an exquisite Bond film. His skillset is almost divine design made for Bond. I drool as I think about it.

James Cameron would also make a great Bond. True Lies made sure of that.

Opinions aren't facts. Personally I wouldn't mind Nolan or Villeneuve.

James Cameron would be a godawful choice.

Hot take:

Bond doesnt need A-List directors.
    Bond needs better writers.

Fukunga is a great director but I wouldnt say he is A-List at present.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Bond needs better writers.

Amen.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2020 Posts: 14,930
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Yes I don't get him either. I can see he's very good but his stuff just isn't to my taste.

I was watching Inception again last week and all of the stuff which is supposedly OHMSS-inspired I found all very dry and dull to watch: no excitement to it, and I've never seen him do 'fun' (which is fine, he hasn't tried to: but as a consequence I wouldn't really want him to do a Bond film. Even something like CR had fun bits).
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    In addition to better writers, they need an early plan of what they want to do with the next era.....so things won't look contrived.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    In addition to better writers, they need an early plan of what they want to do with the next era.....so things won't look contrived.

Half of me agrees, but the other half does think that if you're trying to get decent directors in you can't really tie them up to that extent before they're even onboard. Plus I rather like that every time they make one of these they throw everything they've got at it until they're exhausted: not keeping stuff over for the next couple of movies.
    But hey: that's exactly what McQ is doing for the next Mission: Impossibles, maybe it'll work (although equally he's way more talented than anyone working on Bond at the moment, sadly).
    mtm wrote: »

Half of me agrees, but the other half does think that if you're trying to get decent directors in you can't really tie them up to that extent before they're even onboard. Plus I rather like that every time they make one of these they throw everything they've got at it until they're exhausted: not keeping stuff over for the next couple of movies.
    But hey: that's exactly what McQ is doing for the next Mission: Impossibles, maybe it'll work (although equally he's way more talented than anyone working on Bond at the moment, sadly).

Exactly, I was watching Rogue Nation and Fallout again the other day, and I thought the pace in them movies is insane. Thrilling from Beginning to End. Even with some scenes having a lighter feel, the danger is still very much palpable. And I was thinking 'Look how Solomon Lane is more threatening than Blofeld. I'm a bit ashamed at the moment that the Mission Impossible franchise is the better spy franchise....of course NTTD could be superb, but from Bond 26 onwards, Bond needs serious revamping.
    Here we go again with the MI and other franchise comparisons...

(:|
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Exactly, I was watching Rogue Nation and Fallout again the other day, and I thought the pace in them movies is insane. Thrilling from Beginning to End. Even with some scenes having a lighter feel, the danger is still very much palpable. And I was thinking 'Look how Solomon Lane is more threatening than Blofeld. I'm a bit ashamed at the moment that the Mission Impossible franchise is the better spy franchise....of course NTTD could be superb, but from Bond 26 onwards, Bond needs serious revamping.

Ah it's nothing to be ashamed of: just enjoy them both! :)

Ah it's nothing to be ashamed of: just enjoy them both! :)

Yeah. At the end of the day, I have to :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I see folks on places like these acting like, because they're a Bond fan, they must stay loyal like it's a football team and badmouth other things vaguely in the same world like M:I. But films are entertainment made to be enjoyed: if you enjoy watching Ethan Hunt in some of his films, James Bond really won't mind! :D
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,055
    @mtm

Its a lot like people who are “oh are you Xbox or Playstation” like you can only pick one? I like both.

As is with the spy genre, I like all kinds of spy movies, not just Bond ones.

I just dont understand that thought process. Maybe I am just being a grumpy old man. 😂
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 848
    At the same time, how it could be otherwise since there is no concurency since 1) Bond movie come only once per 5 years (!) and 2) there is almost (for reasons obscure to me) no no-parody spy movie (and videogames) like Bond/MI who come out except these 2 franchises (well, when they have decency to come, ser the previous point 1) )....
    I meant more in terms of "quality" and "bo". Of course Bond influenced everyone but to say that "NTTD will perform like this because of MI" or something like that... sorry, that's utter nonsense.