What do you want to see in Skyfall?

14567810»

Comments

VeryBond wrote:
    I want to see Bond spend the whole movie in London! Just walking around, driving with M, talking with people on top of buildings, wearing long coats in the cold grey rainy weather, maybe once in a while getting some dust on him and breaking out into a run, but mostly, yeah, just getting in and out of cars, looking grim. I'm tired of the whole exotic world travel thing, it's just been done to death. And please, no big action scenes of any kind either - that was the OLD, less mature Bond movies, times have changed. I've been so glad that halfway trough filming there doesn't appear to be any exterior action set-pieces! Thank God.

So far, I couldn't be any happier with what I'm seeing - this looks to be the Bond movie of my dreams! Now if they just don't do anything exciting by accident...

amen ... /\
    I want to see bond have a nightmare about himself as a older man, alone and depressed with nobody to turn too.

29n9mdv.jpg
    ^ Gollum?! @-)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I want a small reference to the previous movie. It can be something as elaborate as LeChiffre's photo in QoS, or something like "our operative Dr. No" in FRWL or a vague mention of one of the locations in QoS, like "The last time you said that, you went off to Jamaica" in FRWL.

What I love about the Bond novels is that Fleming almost always mentions the previous book's mission, even if just in passing.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    echo wrote:
    I want a small reference to the previous movie. It can be something as elaborate as LeChiffre's photo in QoS, or something like "our operative Dr. No" in FRWL or a vague mention of one of the locations in QoS, like "The last time you said that, you went off to Jamaica" in FRWL.

What I love about the Bond novels is that Fleming almost always mentions the previous book's mission, even if just in passing.

Actually in TSWLM they didn't mentioned exactly the Previous Bond mission, But they did mentioned One of them. Remember that part of the party in that room where he had a talk with that agent? she said she had "studied" about him and then she said "...Married, but widowed" he felt bad and said he didn't want to talk.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I want the classic gun barrel opening. I want the theme. I want the 007 theme. That's it.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Actually in TSWLM they didn't mentioned exactly the Previous Bond mission, But they did mentioned One of them. Remember that part of the party in that room where he had a talk with that agent? she said she had "studied" about him and then she said "...Married, but widowed" he felt bad and said he didn't want to talk.

Yes, they mentioned Tracy in TSWLM, FYEO, and LTK, and made a very vague reference to her in TWINE (and possibly GE). Whenever they wanted Bond to show some emotion, it was a sure bet to go back to her.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 612
    I want to hear the 007 theme, but that's wishful thinking. I have no doubts about Skyfall, except for the music. I feel like we should know more by now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I want to hear the 007 theme, but that's wishful thinking. I have no doubts about Skyfall, except for the music. I feel like we should know more by now.

Newman hasn't even started work on the score yet so what do you expect we should know?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:

Newman hasn't even started work on the score yet so what do you expect we should know?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Newman can do but I wish Arnold was back. I liked his other scores so I'm a bit disappointed that he's not returning. Fingers crossed for Bond 24.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If Mendes does not return, Arnold most likely will.
    VeryBond wrote:
    I want to see Bond spend the whole movie in London! Just walking around, driving with M, talking with people on top of buildings, wearing long coats in the cold grey rainy weather, maybe once in a while getting some dust on him and breaking out into a run, but mostly, yeah, just getting in and out of cars, looking grim. I'm tired of the whole exotic world travel thing, it's just been done to death. And please, no big action scenes of any kind either - that was the OLD, less mature Bond movies, times have changed. I've been so glad that halfway trough filming there doesn't appear to be any exterior action set-pieces! Thank God.

So far, I couldn't be any happier with what I'm seeing - this looks to be the Bond movie of my dreams! Now if they just don't do anything exciting by accident...

amen ... /\

I know the first post was sarcasm, but with the stuff you've been posting recently I can't figure out if you were joking or if you actually want to see that.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 5,990
    At the end of the movie, the two ends of the "S" in Skyfall should fold into a circle, seguing into the gunbarrel. Yes, let's have a gunbarrel at both ends of the film, courtesy of MK12!

Just kidding. I want them and their fonts-that-try-too-hard nowhere near this film.

Daniel Kleinman, please return.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    echo wrote:

Wait...where is Le Chiffre's photo in QoS??
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 41
    On the tube scene id like a conductor to ask Silva for a ticket
    Then Silva looks at him in pity and shoots him.
    The gunshot helps Bond find Silva who he had lost in the underground.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    edited June 2012 Posts: 1,874
    echo wrote:
    At the end of the movie, the two ends of the "S" in Skyfall should fold into a circle, seguing into the gunbarrel. Yes, let's have a gunbarrel at both ends of the film, courtesy of MK12!

Just kidding. I want them and their fonts-that-try-too-hard nowhere near this film.

Echo that, echo - QoS titles were awful, but the guys that did them seem to think they were the dog's danglers! Bring back DK. Please.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 5,990
    echo wrote:

Echo that, echo - QoS titles were awful, but the guys that did them seem to think they were the dog's danglers! Bring back DK. Please.

Not hiring him for QoS was a real slap in the face to Kleinman. I think all five of his sequences are great, especially GE and CR, which matched the tone of those two very different films perfectly.
  • Librarian wrote:
    I wanto to see:
    Good introduction of Q and his Q-Branch.
    Mission briefing from M in MI6 HQ.
    Classical Gun Barrel at the beggining of film.
    James Bond Theme during film.
    Words: "Vodka Martini. Shaken not stirred" and "Bond. James Bond"

And return of Mr. White.

So I saw introduction of Q & Q-Branch, James Bond them. Other mentioned things weren't there but Skyfall was amazing! My rating 9/10.