What is your least favourite Connery 007 flick ?

edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 19,339
This one is easy for me : DAF

It's a case of what could have been with this and a golden opportunity after OHMSS was missed.

Howz about you out there ?

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 23
    Diamonds are Forever is not only the worst Connery film, it's also the worst Bond film of all-time.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    NSNA without a doubt.
    If we take the EON productions, DAF or YOLT, I'll have to go through a marathon to determine if anything has changed since my ranking of 2006.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DAF is an excellent outing !! Off-topic I know, but I have to defend good ol' DAF. My least favorite Connery outing? YOLT.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    YOLT has Zombie Connery.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    Worst to best:

1. NSNA
    2. DAF
    3. YOLT
    4. DN
    3. TB
    2. GF
    1. FRWL
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Tubes

I still prefer Zombie Connery than Statham-Craig in QOS.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You Only Live Twice.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I agree with Samuel001, YOLT is my least favorite Connery Bond simply because this is where the rot set in when they decided to turn their backs on Fleming's source material and paved the way for all those awfull early seventies films (DAF, LALD and TMWTGG). Admittedly TB wasn't a particularly faithful adaption or a great film but at least it tried to follow Fleming's basic plot line. Also in YOLT Connery looks really bored, slightly fat and out of condition with a bad haircut and a awfull wardrobe that doesn't seem to even fit him properly. The film seems to celebrate spectacle over substance and some plot strands are completley illogical. Mind you to be fair any film with a volcano base fire fight and an eruption can't be all bad!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    GF, in which Connery is about as sharp as an eraser.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    All You Only Live Twice has going for it is that it looks and sounds great due to Young and Barry. Apart from that it's an empty and lifeless film, which can't said for the other five in my opinion.
  • YOLT for me. Mostly for Connery's bored performance..DAF was at least fun.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    It has always been You Only Live Twice for me.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,622
    Again I shall decline to answer on the grounds that the question is non-sensical.
    to wit:
    which of the little kittens is the least cute?
    which of Raquel Welch's breasts is least attractive?
    etc.
    Although I can allow that NSNA is not as good a film as the 6 Eon films, even if Sean's performance is flawless, but of the 6 Eon films - each is perfect in every respect. IMHO of course.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    if we are counting ALL Bond films, not just the official EON Cannon, then I would say Never Say Never Again... but if we are just sticking to the official series, i would say it's probably Diamonds Are Forever just barely edging out You Only Live Twice for me..
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Just a year ago i would say DAF, i really dissmissed it totally. It even made me puke just to think about it. But after a long break without watching it, i got my eyes on it. By now i think it's pretty entertaining with a fun script with bizarre characthers like Mr Wint and Mr Kidd, Burt Saxby just to mention a few.
    But YOLT isn't that good like his other films, just because a bored Connery, a script that i just as hollow as the volcano and ocer the top as the " rockets " in the film. So i leave the question open for now.
  • DAF and YOLT were both disappointing for me, although the pretty scenery and the impressive sets in the latter film probably give DAF the "edge."
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 212
    Quoting Cuish: Diamonds are Forever is not only the worst Connery film, it's also the worst Bond film of all-time.
    Agreed.

Diamonds are Forever is the worst Connery film by a fairly wide margin and sits near the bottom of the list in terms of the entire franchise as well.
  • Quoting Chuck:
    Diamonds are Forever is the worst Connery film by a fairly wide margin and sits near the bottom of the list in terms of the entire franchise as well.
    So true.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    NSNA. I don't want to say anything bad about Connery's 6 EON official Bond films since they all provide outstanding entertainment for me.
    This is extremely tough because I hold all of the Connery films in my top 10...

But if forced to choose, I'll have to go with Dr. No. While I love the character of Dr. No, Connery's delivery of "Bond, James Bond", the introduction of the Walther PPK and Honey of course, it's a bit too bare bones and dry most of the time. Thunderball is probably the next runner up for least favorite Connery film.

NSNA doesn't count as far as I'm concerned, and if it did, that would be the obvious choice for least favorite by a mile.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Quoting timmer: answer on
    I'll go against the rules just this once and double post, but only to retract my previous post and completely support this one. Well said sir.

ps: DAF is brilliant
  • Quoting JBFan626: ps: DAF is brilliant
    Agh! Say it ain't so!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Even if we're counting NSNA, I'll still vote for DAF. At this point, Connery was doing a parody of himself.
  • My least favorite is DAF as well, never seen NSNA and don't really want to. DAF had the annoying double act of Wint and Kidd and Connery just looked really aged in that film and he wore a pink tie, what suave secret agent wears a pink tie??

I think the Sean Connery of the From Russia/Goldfinger era would have punched him in the face.
    DAF is simply awful. Nothing redeemable about it, and the instances of humor throughout the film are just a turn off to me because of the tacky feeling of the whole movie. I'm even willing to call it worse than NSNA.
    Connery's worst performance as Bond is YOLT, but Connery's worst Bond film is NSNA (or DAF for the EON films).
    DAF, probably the dullest of all the official Connery flicks.
    DAF. It just felt half-hearted to me.
    FRWL - #2
    DAF - #5
    YOLT - #7
    TB - #8
    GF - #10
    DN - #16
  • @DaltonCraig007

Explain to me how in the world you can put DAF ahead of YOLT, TB, GF, and DN.