What is your least favourite Connery 007 flick ?

13»

Comments

• Well here's my ranking
    1: From Russia With Love (I'm only a teen, and still find it absolutely brilliant!)
    2: Goldfinger (Another classic example that still holds up today)
    3: Dr. No (how can't you like it?!?!)
    4: Thunderball (Though it does drag at points, but still pretty interesting)
    5: Diamonds Are Forever (I guess it can be decent)
    6: You Only Live Twice (Ok, but really slow-paced, although i do enjoy parts of it)
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 565
    My vote goes to You Only Live Twice of course with the exclusion of Never Say Never Again. It's one of the few Bond flicks that I always end up falling asleep in.

I'm also not a fan of Dr. No due to the music, the pace, and that stupid dragon. But I'll take it over YOLT because there's an energy behind it that YOLT simply lacked.
    I can't decide between YOLT or DAF. The former has Connery practically sleep-walking through the film while the latter would have suited Roger Moore better. Although Connery seems to be having fun again in DAF he looks old and out of shape.
  • I can't decide between YOLT or DAF. The former has Connery practically sleep-walking through the film while the latter would have suited Roger Moore better. Although Connery seems to be having fun again in DAF he looks old and out of shape.
    I agree. Although I cringe at DAF at least it has energy and verve. I really find that YOLT drags. I think that there are so many iconic images from YOLT that the *idea* of it as a classic Bond is greater than the reality.

For me the worst is Diamonds are Forever. I don't count Never Say Never Again, for me that picture doesn't exist in the world of Bond. It was an act of treason of Connery against don Broccoli.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Rankings:

1. DAF (will never drop down)
    2. YOLT
    3. GF
    4. DN
    5. TB
    6. FRWL

DAF was an insult to Connery and the franchise.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 1,310
    Diamonds Are Forever. There isn't even a competition for me, here. Right when I saw the title of this thread I thought, "Oh, DAF."

The entire film (Connery included) spoofs itself; as a matter of fact I don't believe the film takes itself seriously at all...it would've worked as a satire, but not as a Bond film.

Though the fight in the elevator was quite good ;-)
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 11,189
    DAF was just a bit boring IMO despite a few good scenes like the elevator fight.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    I struggle to actually WATCH NSNA, so that's got to lose by default. Bond should never, EVER play a tomytronic knock-off in a movie. End of story.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Although I don't rate DAF as a film overall as better than the majority of connery's Bond films, I fail to see how he looked bored in it. Imo it looked like he was having the time of his life in that movie with all the nonsense he was getting up to.
  • DB5DB5
    If included I'd say NSNA, otherwise DAF. I remember how disappointed I was when I first saw it, having admired Connery in Goldfinger. Although the fight scene in the elevator and the accompanying music is quite good.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 3,494
    For me the worst is Diamonds are Forever. I don't count Never Say Never Again, for me that picture doesn't exist in the world of Bond. It was an act of treason of Connery against don Broccoli.
    I like your thinking regarding NSNA 0013, it isn't an official film anyway and doesn't count for anything in the Bond legacy. It shouldn't be in the poll either. I'd also go with DAF but that's mainly because it doesn't follow up on OHMSS in the way QOS follows CR. Lots of missed opportunities with this one. On it's own though, it's as entertaining as any of the first 5 and not the worst film in the series.

Not that everyone isn't entitled to their opinion, but calling GF the worst Connery film and overrated is pure blasphemy in my opinion. There's so much more to this film than a few loose ends here and there.